I need help/suggestions please!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Ok. Not sure what else to add. I speak Spanish. I learn very quickly. I can dead lift around 250 lbs. I can run 3 miles in about 21 mins. Im 6 ft tall. I have fine dining restaurant experience. I know a lot about wine. Im a jack of all trades; I can and have figured out the basics of any area of work on my own (electrical, automotive, plumbing, etc). I have practical leadership experience (ROTC).

I can't type anything I'm thinking.:sigh:

Good luck to you. But if you don't have to work for big money before leaving, why not check out the volunteer programs like at Greenwell or even with Parks & Rec Services? Physical labor and an opportunity to continue feeling good about yourself.

As for the jobs at construction, a lot of folks are being laid off because the housing market isn't really there right now.

Also as a completly random thought - have you looked at Pax for the gym? They always are offering different instruction and fitness programs. Maybe you can teach a class or two, get paid, and have all that extra gym access.

KBaxter

Photographer
wow.. I've never seen your name spelled like that... thats unique!!! "Johnathon"

my cousin spells his Jonathon, my bf spells his Jonathan.

anyways... political science degree... wow thats nice. Check usajobs.gov... they sometime hire for part time or temp help. if you want to work with horses... go to that forum and post? good luck!!!

lbreder

2into4
I could use a trainer for my walk coming up!!! Im walking 3 to 8 miles a day. Not as fast as you, but I can watch from behind! :lmao: No but seriously I am looking for a trainer. Im doing the Avon breast cancer walk in May. Good luck to you!

LateApex

I could use a trainer for my walk coming up!!! Im walking 3 to 8 miles a day. Not as fast as you, but I can watch from behind! :lmao: No but seriously I am looking for a trainer. Im doing the Avon breast cancer walk in May. Good luck to you!

Kudos to you!

Since it is in May you pretty much have an eternity to get ready.

I suggest you keep doing what you're doing.

You could incorporate some running into your walk.

I.E. Walk for 5 mins - then lightly jog for a minute or so - then walk again to 'rest.' As you build up your endurance you can run harder/longer during the running phase.

You could also incorporate lunges while you're walking to build a little more strength. Same as above - walk for a bit and every so often do lunges for 10/20 yards or so.

Plyometrics could also help you here since it helps the transition between strength and speed evolutions.

Good luck.

PrepH4U

Maybe look into stock room jobs if you want to do some heavy lifting? :shrug:

call me silly but, I think if he qualified for OCS he has the brains to figure out what type of job requires heavy lifting. He was straight out asking if anyone knows of any "available" openings. :whistle:

psst jlorraine0 could you maybe bench press johnny a couple of times :whistle:
real hard

L

luckystar

Ok. Not sure what else to add. I speak Spanish. I learn very quickly. I can dead lift around 250 lbs. I can run 3 miles in about 21 mins. Im 6 ft tall. I have fine dining restaurant experience. I know a lot about wine. Im a jack of all trades; I can and have figured out the basics of any area of work on my own (electrical, automotive, plumbing, etc). I have practical leadership experience (ROTC).

Damn. Spanish speaking, strong, 25 year old?

WANT.

JULZ

BFJ

I think I'm in love with you.

jlorraine0

I think I'm in love with you.

Heh, wow... Didn't know I was gonna cause a stir. Its kinda fun though.
This should calm it down a bit. See? Nothing special.

Thanks for the advice guys. I actually got exactly what I was looking for today. A lady called around 2 pm offering me work. Worked for a few hours tonight, going back tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• n23216286_34832743_9649.jpg
    n23216286_34832743_9649.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 137