I need new tires

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Any recommendations on who I should go to? Normally I'd just go to the Toyota place and be done with it, but I'm trying to be more responsible and a better consumer. :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Any recommendations on who I should go to? Normally I'd just go to the Toyota place and be done with it, but I'm trying to be more responsible and a better consumer. :lol:

Go see FDDog at his place in Mechanicsville. He hooked Otter up with new tires for the 'Stang not too long ago. Can't think of the name of it...Mr. Tire?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Order them online from Tire Rack and then have Big Ed's Tires in Leonardtown install them. Least expensive set of tires for my Yota yet.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Actually FD beat that price...and by a good bit. :yay:

He beat $60 a tire for brand name tires? He must be giving you all a discount. :lucky: It's usually difficult to beat online warehouse prices. I'm still very pleased with my deal. :smile:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
He beat $60 a tire for brand name tires? He must be giving you all a discount. :lucky: It's usually difficult to beat online warehouse prices. I'm still very pleased with my deal. :smile:

He beat the Tire Rack prices for the tires for the Mustang...and they were pretty pricey tires. :shrug:

glhs837

Power with Control
I get mine online from a small vendor, but if Tirerack has them, they do a good deal. I have also used Discount Tire Direct for some tires that Tirerack doesnt sell. Shpping is usually next day, two days tops.

I have them sent to Curtis, who have done me right for about two years now for tire installations. My tires and wheels are a pain, but never an issue for them. Place looks like hell, but they always treat me right.

John Z

if you will
Beware on warehouses online. They might have been sitting around a while.

Good point, but at Tire Rack does so much business that their tires are usually very fresh. I've purchased probably 10 sets from them over the last 12 years. Plus their Delaware warehouse is so close that I get my tires in 1 to 2 days.

glhs837

Power with Control
Unless you are buying very unique tires (OEM specified for uncommon vehicles) the odds of getting old tires is pretty small. And the warehouse guys get their tires from the same sources as the brick and motor guys.

millertc

Go see FDDog at his place in Mechanicsville. He hooked Otter up with new tires for the 'Stang not too long ago. Can't think of the name of it...Mr. Tire?

:yay:I second that. Mr. Tire in Mechanicsville. I called around and also checked into Tire Rack and FD beat them all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Make sure you take him some eggs. :yay:

:lol:

I just talked to him and am going to run up there this afternoon so he can take a look. I said, "Is this the FDdog?" and he said, "Man, I haven't been called that in a looong time." :lol:

Thanks!