I need some help with sports trivia

A friend of mine called and asked me some trivia questions, but I can't seem to find the answers. Perhaps someone can help.

(1) Among qualifiers, who is leading the NFL in passer rating?

(2) Among NFL players with at least 200 passing attempts, who has the fewest INTs?

(3) Which NFL team is 5 games better than the team for which their starting quarterback was the starting quarterback all of last year?

Oh, and for a bonus, he wants to know - just how old is too old to be a great NFL quarterback?

R

retiredweaxman

A friend of mine called and asked me some trivia questions, but I can't seem to find the answers. Perhaps someone can help.

(1) Among qualifiers, who is leading the NFL in passer rating?

(2) Among NFL players with at least 200 passing attempts, who has the fewest INTs?

(3) Which NFL team is 5 games better than the team for which their starting quarterback was the starting quarterback all of last year?

Oh, and for a bonus, he wants to know - just how old is too old to be a great NFL quarterback?

Titled - my stats come from NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League

1. Favre is leading the NFL with a passer's rating of 112.1. Brees is second with 105 and Rodgers is 3rd at 104.
2. Favre - 310 attempts with only 3 INTs
3. Not sure. My original guess was NE. Cassel was their QB in 2008 and is now with KC. However, NE is 7-3 and KC is 3-7 which is only a 4 game difference.
Bonus - At least 40. Favre is showing (at 40) that is can be done. However, if you go back to the 70s - you have Plunkett and Stabler that seemed to play until they were 50. Plunkett might not have been great - but he did win 2 Super Bowls. As a matter of fact (more trivia), he is the ONLY QB in NFL history to have won 2 Super Bowls and not be in the Hall of Fame.

retiredweaxman - I appreciate the effort, but I have to apologize - my post was made in jest. Truth be told, Larry paid me $5 to make it, in order to once again point out the awesome-ness which is the Brett.

And the answer I was looking for with #3 was Minnesota - they were 5 games better than the N.Y. Jets.

puggymom

Attachments

• song-chart-memes-ego-nfl.jpg
    song-chart-memes-ego-nfl.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 81

Beta84

They're out to get us
Brett Favre is having a huge season, but those WRs and that running game sure as heck helps. Most QBs could have a respectable season with that. Rice is breaking out and Harvin has been a huge grab in the draft. But still a really good season, which is surprising for anyone who has bothered to follow the guy's recent history.

DuffMan

If the Packers make the playoffs Ted Thompson won't look as dumb for kicking Brett out of GB. Like everything GB had its pros in cons in keeping Brett!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Brett Favre is having a huge season, but those WRs and that running game sure as heck helps. Most QBs could have a respectable season with that. Rice is breaking out and Harvin has been a huge grab in the draft. But still a really good season, which is surprising for anyone who has bothered to follow the guy's recent history.
BS. Rice was nothing before Favre came along.

Most QB's barely stay afloat, only a few rise to the top. It's not really surprising unless you only remember what you saw two seconds ago (second half of last year). Favre was considered for MVP last year before the injury and the team mishandling of as much. He wasn't all that shabby in Green Bay before he left either, helping to lead them to the NFC Championship game. I think he's only had a few losing seasons in his long career, that's amazing.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If the Packers make the playoffs Ted Thompson won't look as dumb for kicking Brett out of GB. Like everything GB had its pros in cons in keeping Brett!

No, no. Otter is right on this one meaning I was wrong; GB had to make the move. Farve gave them no choice.

DuffMan

BS. Rice was nothing before Favre came along.

Most QB's barely stay afloat, only a few rise to the top. It's not really surprising if you only remember what you saw two seconds ago (last year). Favre was considered for MVP last year before the injury and the team mishandling of as much. He wasn't all that shabby in Green Bay before he left either, helping to lead them to the NFC Championship game. I think he's only had a few losing seasons in his long career, that's amazing.

Brett is one of the BEST QB's EVER! I still like Brett but being a GB fan, I don't like seeing him in the Purple and Gold. It did not mind seeing him as a Jet because he was in the AFC, now being in the NFC and in the North at that, I just don't want him to do well each week, but he is doing just that!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Brett is one of the BEST QB's EVER! I still like Brett but being a GB fan, I don't like seeing him in the Purple and Gold. It did not mind seeing him as a Jet because he was in the AFC, now being in the NFC and in the North at that, I just don't want him to do well each week, but he is doing just that!
It's great drama and theatre mixed with an awesome sport.

It's gonna be a great playoffs this year.

DuffMan

It's great drama and theatre mixed with an awesome sport.

It's gonna be a great playoffs this year.

Well if they do make it I don't see them making it past the wildcard round, but I said the same thing when they made it to the NFC championship a few years ago. But your right it's going the be playoff games this year.

The two things that I'm most impressed by, regarding Favre this year, are:

(1) The interceptions (3) - by and large, he isn't making the bad decisions that he has sometimes made in the past, and which have, on occasion, cost his teams. (Yet :lol:)

(2) His arm strength - some of his throws are just phenomenal. It's hard to believe that he can still get that much zip on the ball at 63 years old. Maybe, that (renewed) arm strength has helped him get away with some bad decisions.

DuffMan

The two things that I'm most impressed by, regarding Favre this year, are:

(1) The interceptions (3) - by and large, he isn't making the bad decisions that he has sometimes made in the past, and which have, on occasion, cost his teams. (Yet :lol:)

(2) His arm strength - some of his throws are just phenomenal. It's hard to believe that he can still get that much zip on the ball at 63 years old. Maybe, that (renewed) arm strength has helped him get away with some bad decisions.

Yeah I have been suprised by those two as well.