I remember prices even lower than these...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Grumpy

:lol: Drove an ice cream truck one summer back in the late 60s..popsicles were a nickel, ice cream sandwiches and nutty buddies were 15 cents..Think the highest price item was a quarter. Lovely route too, Ardmore, Palmer Park, Landover..Got robbed twice, 2nd time it happened, I quit.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yeah. Palmer Park was a hood as far back as I cn remember. I lived in Landover during that time frame in Dodge Park and Kent Village.

The nickel Twin pop was my go to until I discovered the toasted almond bar.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A was a bombpop girl. Preferably banana, but if they didn't have those I'd go for the red/white/blue. I think they were a quarter.

GregV814

Holy cow, it’s a good humor reunion! In ‘72 I worked for them, (Buchanan street) driving a 1964 truck. However I worked Fairfax and Merrifield. Those were the nickel millionaires and snotty azz kids. Made a few bucks but didn’t come back in 73.

Attachments

• 3F44BEF2-8AF9-482B-8CBA-CB23E7909B19.jpeg
    3F44BEF2-8AF9-482B-8CBA-CB23E7909B19.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 54

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Holy cow, it’s a good humor reunion! In ‘72 I worked for them, (Buchanan street) driving a 1964 truck. However I worked Fairfax and Merrifield. Those were the nickel millionaires and snotty azz kids. Made a few bucks but didn’t come back in 73.
That was the summer my father uprooted our family and moved us from Tyson's Corner to D'ByGod, MD. It was devastating to a 10 yo. Instead of a Good Humor truck and 7-11, we had Budd Mattingly's general store and Frank Morris Carryout (for cigarettes). In 74ish there was an "Independent" ice cream truck that would sell us Kools for 50 cents a pack along with our red, white, and blue Bomb Pops for a quarter.

GregV814

My fathers company refitted/ built the interiors of Woodies, garfinkles and landsburgs way back when. Tyson’s Corner woodies was a big job, 2 shifts! That was maybe 1970ish. Tons of Sheetrock, steel studs and plates.

Grumpy

In 74ish there was an "Independent" ice cream truck that would sell us Kools for 50 cents a pack along with our red, white, and blue Bomb Pops for a quarter.
When I moved down to Calvert in the late 80s, the independent ice cream man was "Mr. Purplehead"..could never figure out where he came up with that name..:lol:

The guy I worked for selling ice cream in the late 60s was Don's Ice Cream, he had 3 old good humor trucks and a step van. I drove the step van. Sold ice cream, candy and big dill pickles. Believe it or not but the pickles were a big seller..would go through 2 gallon jars of them daily.

GregV814

back in that era, especially in chillum or punkin hill, (ahem) you could take an abandoned gas station (ruined by the fake gas shortage) and make money selling beer and popcorn. That was before the Chinese influence of wings.