i saw a blimp today...

and no, it wasn't me looking in a mirror.

kinda a strange site since I think it's the first blimp I've seen in this area. I guess it came from Pax and was viewable near Solomons. I didn't see any advertising on it. Anyone else see it, or know why it was in the area?

K

Kain99

That is really cool! I wonder why the military would use blimps? Hopefully to sneak up on Iraqi's and blow stuff up!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It's at Pax River right now. Originally, it came here to be fitted with equipment to help in the search for the sniper, but they were caught before it was ready.

I'm not certain why it is still here, but it flies over my building at Pax about every day. Pretty cool to watch it.

SeaRide

Yeah the blimp which land / take off right next to my work building on the base.
The blimp was there way before the sniper thing. It has been floating around quite alot. It was mentioned in the Pax River Tester newspaper few times.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I heard that it was being outfitted for Search and Rescue missions. Because a blimp can stay aloft for over 24 hours, where traditional fixed and rotary wing aircraft can only fly until their fuel runs out in much shorter durations.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Probably best not to even talk about why it is here. Loose lips and all.

loose lips sink blimps?

I think Pax should invest in a whole fleet of 'em in exhange for the noisy planes that fly over my house.

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Ken King

And ignore the articles in the Tester and Enterprise, too... :lol:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Ken King

Loose lips sink blimps? (Ok, so I'm not the only funny one...)

"I could tell you, but them I'd have to kill you..."

:biggrin:

Last edited: