I saw it and was floored!!! It really happened!

luvmygdaughters

While channel flipping, I saw a commercial that.... get this, portrayed a HETEROSEXUAL married couple, same race, with 2 kids!!!!!

How offensive.
:faint: OMG!! What is this world coming to????? I certainly hope you called congress and told AOC!!!!! Let me know if you need a therapy dog or a "Safe Room" Poor thing!!!

SamSpade

While channel flipping, I saw a commercial that.... get this, portrayed a HETEROSEXUAL married couple, same race, with 2 kids!!!!!

How offensive.

I have to admit, I get a little annoyed that so very many shows appear to follow the same formula in trying to portray a diverse cast with token representation of every difference imaginable. Most of the new shows we watch have a small ensemble cast, but every one of them seems to have a gay couple, as if every social circle on earth has one.

Worse, the scripts appear to be less about entertaining and more about preaching.

I'm sure some nitwit will start spewing something about homophobia no matter what I say, but the fact is, most social groups with less than a dozen persons do NOT have someone from every religion, ethnic background, every race, every sexual orientation and so on. Actually my meager experience has been that people tend to hang out with people like them, even if the point of similarity is they're jocks or nerds or stoners. People TEND to hang out with people like themselves.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Worse, the scripts appear to be less about entertaining and more about preaching.

That's whats killing TV for me.

I don't watch much current stuff but actually liked the Agents of Shield show, at least until it started getting "super" weird, and finally stopped watching it because of all the bullshit digs at Trump, or anything non-progressive, in the dialog.

It wasn't the only one either.

GregV814

Wait.... what home improvement show or food show had a cast of heterosexual folks???

But more importantly, you guys are drifting away from my shock and horror of my initial post on this topic!!? That’s it, I’m calling Pelosi and Chris Van Hollen!!!!!!

That's whats killing TV for me.

I don't watch much current stuff but actually liked the Agents of Shield show, at least until it started getting "super" weird, and finally stopped watching it because of all the bullshit digs at Trump, or anything non-progressive, in the dialog.

It wasn't the only one either.
Same for me for all the CW shows. When they pushed the gay/les agenda and forgot about the real subject of the show, they lost me.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Same for me for all the CW shows. When they pushed the gay/les agenda and forgot about the real subject of the show, they lost me.
I bailed on Supergirl last season because of that. Plus the move to Sunday night.

Grumpy

Wait.... what home improvement show or food show had a cast of heterosexual folks???

But more importantly, you guys are drifting away from my shock and horror of my initial post on this topic!!? That’s it, I’m calling Pelosi and Chris Van Hollen!!!!!!

I'm sure, for a small fee, Vrai could set you up in a Safe Space Forum.