I served under six presidents only one has failed to serve U.S. national security interests

gunsmoke

More commentary from a pubic servant. This is consistent with the vast majority of commentaries written about Trump. The only people who don't see the pattern are the Trump cultists. But they are deaf and blind anyway. Where all the public servants who have left in the last 4 years who are standing up FOR Trump?? Where are they? Those who aren't speaking out publicly against Trump are noticeably silent.

And all of these commentaries express the same basic theme: Trump is unfit. Trump is incompetent. Trump is not concerned with facts, experts or the impact of his actions on America or Americans. This is also not a new story. It is the same one Trumpians were told in 2015/2016 by actual Republicans. But, again, cultists are deaf and blind to reality. They only live in their make believe world.

Guest Commentary: I served under six presidents — four Republicans, two Democrats — only one has failed to serve U.S. national security interests

I spent over 300 mornings in the Oval Office briefing the president and his senior staff. I had the privilege to manage, edit and deliver the president’s Daily Brief a summary of the most timely and critical intelligence threats to the U.S. from 2010 to 2014.

As a Deputy on the National Security Council, I spent over 1,000 hours in the White House Situation Room providing the intelligence assessments which informed critical U.S. national security policy decisions — including the raid that rendered justice for the victims of 9/11.

Since I have been eligible to vote, I have never registered with a political party. I remain an independent with a history of voting for candidates I believe in — I focused on their policy and not their party. Before this election, I have never spoken out for or against a candidate for any office.

In my nearly four decades of service, I had the privilege of serving under six presidents — four Republican and two Democrat. The constant across all of those administrations was the oath I took to “protect and defend” the Constitution against “all enemies — foreign and domestic.”

I know what it takes to succeed at the highest levels of our government — intellectual curiosity, the strength of moral purpose and a commitment to selfless service. Broadly speaking, I can personally attest that Americans were very well served by those they elected to fill critical national security positions.

There is one important exception to that statement — our current president

I have briefed him up close — and I have seen and felt the effect of his faults on our nation’s security. Out of respect for the confidential nature of Oval Office conversations, I will not provide details. Suffice to say that the person you see presiding over COVID-19 press conferences is the same one in the privacy of his office. He has little patience for facts or data that do not comport with his personal world view. Thus, the conversations are erratic and less than fully thoughtful.

...Our current president bases his decisions on his instincts, and his instincts are based upon a personal value proposition — what’s in it for me?

As a Commander in Chief, President Trump comes up tragically short. He fails to protect our soldiers when bounties are placed on their heads by his friend Vladimir. And not only does he not respect their service, but President Trump also belittles combat heroes who were taken as prisoners of war.

This is not about the economy, taxes, health care or any other normal ballot considerations. This is about American lives unnecessarily lost. This is about businesses unnecessarily closed. This is about being guided by service to all Americans. This is about centering decisions on a higher morality. President Trump’s actions — and inaction — demonstrates that he is not concerned about any of this.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
And all of these commentaries express the same basic theme: Trump is unfit. Trump is incompetent. Trump is not concerned with facts, experts or the impact of his actions on America or Americans.

:blahblah:

Fantasy Conjecture and a matter of OPINION from a drone in Gov service since the 80's

and NO Trump is not like ANY OTHER President

he is not an establishment drone

who, exactly are you trying convince with this constant screed of Trump Derangement

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Jeopardy must be on in Pakistan.

I served under six presidents only one has failed to serve U.S. national security interests

Who was Barry O?

GregV814

oh no cumsmoke

Attachments

• gettyimages-472334233-612x612.jpg
    gettyimages-472334233-612x612.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 60

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Well, it was written by Bob Cardillo. I vaguely remember him from my days at DIA (and that vague memory was not a positive one). So, maybe Strike 1.

That he proudly proclaims his association with Admiral Mike Mullen should be an indicator as to what vision he chooses to affiliate with (i.e., the "Save the Swamp" vision). And if I'm not mistaken I believe he was an associate of James Clapper (a protégé, perhaps?). So, for me, Strike 2.

Regardless, I'm not sure that a dude who has an interesting "controversies" section in his Wikipedia article should be trying to occupy the moral high ground with sanctimonious crap like this:
I know what it takes to succeed at the highest levels of our government — intellectual curiosity, the strength of moral purpose and a commitment to selfless service.

Such shite. So, Strike 3.

I served under five Presidents (three Republicans and two Democrats). I wish I could have served under Trump. Quite frankly, his foreign policy initiatives put him on par with Reagan. Both Bush 41 and Bush 43 squandered their opportunities. Clinton was a squish. Obama did more to destroy our country's military than any president I can recall. And the only reason he was beloved by the global community was that he was more interested in their well-being and his own glory than the country he was elected to serve. So say what you want about Trump, but any glory he has gained and may gain was not at his country's expense. And I don't care if he actually is as mean as his soy-ingesting critics claim he is; I want a winner who wins. Which is what we have in Trump. If Cardillo was playing this honestly, he would be able to see it and, however difficult to do, say it. But he's not an honest broker here; he's a partisan hack.

Cardillo should be ashamed of the effluent he's attached his name to. I'm sure it will be vigorously ingested by the idiots who make up the #NeverTrump and anti-Trump centipede. But for those of us who live in the real world and are interested in the well-being of the greatest country history has ever seen we see Cardillo's schtick as the seditious sewage it is.

Trump may not be reelected this November. A joy for some, but it will be a tragedy for our country. Whether it will be a tragedy at double-time or one in slo-mo, it will be a tragedy nonetheless.

--- End of line (MCP)

Crabcatcher79

It’s pretty clear after the release of 20 years of his taxes Trump is doing the bidding of however is willing to pay off his $100’s of millions of debt.

He is an asset of a foreign government and must be removed and jailed.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It’s pretty clear after the release of 20 years of his taxes Trump is doing the bidding of however is willing to pay off his $100’s of millions of debt.

He is an asset of a foreign government and must be removed and jailed.

Liar .......