I sold the motorhome today

ontheriver

LISTEN UP AND LISTEN NOW. MY INTENTIONS OF UTILIZING AN ALLEGED AUTHENTIC MOVIE PROP AND DRIVING TO VISIT THE SOUTHEAST OR SOUTH CENTRAL VAST WASTELANDS OF WHAT WAS ONCE A PROUD COUNTRY IN HOPES OF PROCURING SOCIAL STATUS WAS IN NO WAY AND INVITATION FOR ANYONES INTIMATE COMPANY.
I WAS GOIN MOBILE, MOBILE, MOBILE LIKE A HIPPY GYPSIE, KEEP ME MOOVIN... PLAY THE TAPE MACHINE, MAKE THE TOAST AND TEA WHEN IM MOBILE...OVER 50, KEEP ME GROOVIN!!!

There, done

I get you Greg... You keep right on being you.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
LISTEN UP AND LISTEN NOW. MY INTENTIONS OF UTILIZING AN ALLEGED AUTHENTIC MOVIE PROP AND DRIVING TO VISIT THE SOUTHEAST OR SOUTH CENTRAL VAST WASTELANDS OF WHAT WAS ONCE A PROUD COUNTRY IN HOPES OF PROCURING SOCIAL STATUS WAS IN NO WAY AND INVITATION FOR ANYONES INTIMATE COMPANY.
I WAS GOIN MOBILE, MOBILE, MOBILE LIKE A HIPPY GYPSIE, KEEP ME MOOVIN... PLAY THE TAPE MACHINE, MAKE THE TOAST AND TEA WHEN IM MOBILE...OVER 50, KEEP ME GROOVIN!!!

There, done
I get you and don't take you seriously!! 😂

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Purely a matter of curiosity in the realm of symbology... I know what the Pineapple, and now the Flamingo, represent but can anyone tell me what the hidden meaning of the most common yard ornament in southern maryland means?

"The car on cinderblocks:"

If it's something really creepy or revolting, nevermind.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Purely a matter of curiosity in the realm of symbology... I know what the Pineapple, and now the Flamingo, represent but can anyone tell me what the hidden meaning of the most common yard ornament in southern maryland means?

"The car on cinderblocks:"

If it's something really creepy or revolting, nevermind.
Redneck mating call

stgislander

PREMO Member
Here it is in a nutshell....
You'ver certainly heard the term, made famous in a 1980's song, "tin roof rusted"....which is "I'm pregnant, whats your name again dude?"

The car with missing tires in a dubblewide lot has taken several colloquial meanings.

Back in the 30's and 40's, especially in the 'dorf, it was metaphoric for "our unwed daughter is pregnant.". Like the hoboes that used chalk marks in the road to mark where others could get a free meal , it represented that LonnieMarie was with cousin Milo or that farmboy down in PoMonkey.

Now, the number of tires missing on the vehicle was representative of how many kids "she done had".

Hope that helps.
Damn... I though WV was crazy.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
ive heard about the symbolic meaning of the pineapple… But I'm afraid to ask what the flamingo means! :yikes:
They like to dance on poles. 😂

Wait! Is there some newfangled meaning that I'm not aware of?

I've loved the flamingo ornament in my yard for going on 23 years, since I moved to FL in '98 - but not for any other reason except that it was cute and some of my neighbors would raise their eyebrows at my putting them in my garden. :twitch: :lol:

BOP

I thought it would be a bigger shock. But I'm indifferent. It was time. 14 years, it was a nice run. It sold quickly. I'm not a haggler. I just wanted it gone. Almost 40,000 miles driven in 14 years. 34 states. 8,564,987 memories.

The people that bought it, sold their older RV this week. Some guy getting a divorce. ANd he paid them in cash. So they turned around and handed me a ziplock bag containing 410 bills of various denominations between $1 & $100. The credit union was closed today and Monday is a holiday. I felt like Pablo Escovar counting the dough.

I updated my vehicle insurance to the new address today. I saved a whopping $7 from the previous address, which is actually a mail forwarding service address. Next week I'll change my driver's license.

We have stayed in so many different accommodations over the years, this feels like just 1 more. But it's not. It's all on us now.

The campground part of where we are staying is a hub of activity this weekend. Usually we are out of Florida by this time of the year. The local roads are busy. I chose to stay home today, instead of dealing with a sea of humanity.

Hoping everyone enjoys their Memorial Day weekend
I dunno...$410.00 sounds like you let it go too cheap.

Then again, maybe it wasn't you what got tooken advantage of.

:whistle:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I dunno...$410.00 sounds like you let it go too cheap.

Then again, maybe it wasn't you what got tooken advantage of.

:whistle:
I looked like a drug dealer wannabe when I walked in the credit union yesterday. Taking some more over today. I didn't want to go over the $ amount that triggers a report.

Reactions: BOP

Clem72

I looked like a drug dealer wannabe when I walked in the credit union yesterday. Taking some more over today. I didn't want to go over the $ amount that triggers a report.

FYI (and not kidding) multiple smaller cash transactions are a bigger red flag than one big one.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
FYI (and not kidding) multiple smaller cash transactions are a bigger red flag than one big one.
Too late to worry about that now. Plus I don't see any 5 figure cash sales in my near future.

My understanding is that a bank must ask you where you obtained the money when you deposit over $99,999.99 in cash. In addition to filling out some sort of IRS form. In my case, neither 1 of those things happened. If some guys in poorly fitting suits knock on the front door, I'll know the credit union reported me.