I suppose I should be Jewish now

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Pete
Well I have been to Isreal and Saudi Arabia and seen both up close and I am thinking the curly sideburns are not really that bad.

Just do me a favor there curley Q, if you decide to go that route, BATH! :twitch:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by justhangn
Just do me a favor there curley Q, if you decide to go that route, BATH! :twitch:

I thought Jewish folks were always very good with personal hygiene. :shrug: Or is that a stereotype? :confused:

Pete

Repete
When I was in Israel aside from the fraking horrible food it was quite nice. Sharon would like it because carrying an Uzi down the street was perfectly ok. Saudi on the other hand was nasty, they stunk, sanitation was awful, and they seemed to be the most hypocritical. Homosexuality seemed rampant (an assumption based on the men walking aobut holding hands and lip locking) their desire to do anything that was against their beliefs. IE: The Brits had a winnery in their compound and they would invite us over. It was hush hush because alchohol is illegal in any form in SA. The Saudis knew about it and would give you just about anything to get wine. They also would steal anything that you didn't have in your pocket. I lost the collar devices off my uniform and cover so many times I stopped replacing them. In SA they had censors who would take EVERY magazine that entered the country through imports and mark out parts of pictures. Modern Bride with cleavage or bare arms colored with black felt tip markers, YET if we took a magazine (and it didn't matter what) they wanted it. If you would not trade for it they would just wait and steal it.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Christy
I thought Jewish folks were always very good with personal hygiene. :shrug: Or is that a stereotype? :confused:

I do believe the curley jews are Hasetic (sp) Jews.....the ones we saw in New York stunk to high heaven and back. :twitch:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'm not surprised that Roman Catholic was LAST on my list! :lol:
1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Theravada Buddhism (99%)
3. Secular Humanism (98%)
4. Liberal Quakers (91%)
5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (85%)
6. Nontheist (84%)
7. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (71%)
8. Bahá'í Faith (66%)
9. New Thought (61%)
10. Mahayana Buddhism (60%)
11. Neo-Pagan (60%)
12. Taoism (56%)
13. New Age (50%)
14. Orthodox Quaker (50%)
15. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (49%)
16. Scientology (49%)
17. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (46%)
18. Jainism (46%)
19. Jehovah's Witness (46%)
20. Reform Judaism (42%)
21. Sikhism (33%)
22. Hinduism (32%)
23. Islam (31%)
24. Orthodox Judaism (31%)
25. Seventh Day Adventist (21%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (20%)
27. Roman Catholic (20%)

J

justhangn

When I was in Israel aside from the fraking horrible food it was quite nice. Sharon would like it because carrying an Uzi down the street was perfectly ok. Saudi on the other hand was nasty, they stunk, sanitation was awful, and they seemed to be the most hypocritical. Homosexuality seemed rampant (an assumption based on the men walking aobut holding hands and lip locking) their desire to do anything that was against their beliefs. IE: The Brits had a winnery in their compound and they would invite us over. It was hush hush because alchohol is illegal in any form in SA. The Saudis knew about it and would give you just about anything to get wine. They also would steal anything that you didn't have in your pocket. I lost the collar devices off my uniform and cover so many times I stopped replacing them. In SA they had censors who would take EVERY magazine that entered the country through imports and mark out parts of pictures. Modern Bride with cleavage or bare arms colored with black felt tip markers, YET if we took a magazine (and it didn't matter what) they wanted it. If you would not trade for it they would just wait and steal it.

I know a few people from Israel, besides the constant fear, they say it's actually ok to live there.

I've never heard anything good about Saudi........but until now, not so much detail about the other stuff either.

No wonder they hate us HEATHEN Americans. :shakingmyheadruefully:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
1. Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (97%)
3. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (83%)
4. Eastern Orthodox (82%)
5. Roman Catholic (82%)
6. Liberal Quakers (79%)
7. Orthodox Judaism (72%)
8. Reform Judaism (71%)
9. Seventh Day Adventist (69%)
10. Islam (68%)
11. Sikhism (64%)
12. Unitarian Universalism (62%)
13. Bahá'í Faith (60%)
14. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (59%)
15. Hinduism (48%)
16. Jehovah's Witness (41%)
17. Neo-Pagan (38%)
18. Mahayana Buddhism (37%)
19. Theravada Buddhism (36%)
20. New Age (35%)
21. Secular Humanism (31%)
22. New Thought (30%)
23. Jainism (26%)
24. Scientology (26%)
25. Taoism (26%)
26. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (25%)
27. Nontheist (19%)

Anybody know any Quakers around here?

Dymphna

Originally posted by Christy
No, but there's a Quaker cemetary right along Rt 5 in Hughesville. :shrug:
Yeah, I know. Guess they all died out. There was a big Quaker school in Baltimore.

J

justhangn

1. Sikhism (100%)
2. Orthodox Judaism (92%)
3. Reform Judaism (91%)
4. Bahá'í Faith (90%)
5. Jainism (90%)
6. Islam (86%)
7. Liberal Quakers (85%)
8. Unitarian Universalism (82%)
9. Orthodox Quaker (74%)
10. Hinduism (69%)
11. Mahayana Buddhism (66%)
12. Neo-Pagan (66%)
13. New Age (64%)
14. Secular Humanism (64%)
15. Theravada Buddhism (61%)
16. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (59%)
17. New Thought (59%)
18. Scientology (58%)
19. Nontheist (51%)
20. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (51%)
21. Jehovah's Witness (51%)
22. Taoism (48%)
23. Seventh Day Adventist (47%)
24. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (46%)
25. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (44%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (33%)
27. Roman Catholic (33%)

Pete

Repete
I know a few people from Israel, besides the constant fear, they say it's actually ok to live there.

I've never heard anything good about Saudi........but until now, not so much detail about the other stuff either.

No wonder they hate us HEATHEN Americans. :shakingmyheadruefully:
It was odd too. You go to Saudi and hear their form of justice. If you get caught stealing they hack off a hand, but they didn't think twice about ransacking our huts when we were not around. They do have no respect for women AT ALL. We had a female Chief with us and if she called to order fuel for the plane they hung up on her as soon as she spoke and one of the males would have to call them back. She had to ride in the furthest seat back in the van, not allowed to drive under ANY circumstances, only allowed to talk to a man if she were shopping. She was thouroughly briefed about this BEFORE she went and agreed. As soon as we got there she decided she was going to be the lone ranger and change an entire culture so she broke almost every rule. It got so bad I had to go see the SA Airforce Captain and get my butt chewed for her taking pictures of a AA battery. She left soon after.

J

justhangn

It was odd too. You go to Saudi and hear their form of justice. If you get caught stealing they hack off a hand, but they didn't think twice about ransacking our huts when we were not around. They do have no respect for women AT ALL. We had a female Chief with us and if she called to order fuel for the plane they hung up on her as soon as she spoke and one of the males would have to call them back. She had to ride in the furthest seat back in the van, not allowed to drive under ANY circumstances, only allowed to talk to a man if she were shopping. She was thouroughly briefed about this BEFORE she went and agreed. As soon as we got there she decided she was going to be the lone ranger and change an entire culture so she broke almost every rule. It got so bad I had to go see the SA Airforce Captain and get my butt chewed for her taking pictures of a AA battery. She left soon after.

Taking pix of a AA battery huh?? :killingme What rule did that break anyway? :confused:

I tell ya Pete, I thank the HIGH OH MIGHTY daily that I was born in the United States of America. :patriot:

Makavide

Not too talkative
Originally posted by Nanny Pam
I was raised Roman Catholic. While visiting Cape May in 1976 we went to Mass there on Sunday. Jenn was crying her little heart out. She was only 2. The crying lasted for maybe 10 minutes. The woman behind me said, "take that kid out of here!! I can't follow the mass!!" The Priest saw the woman talking to me. I have to wonder if he actually heard her. He interrupted the Mass to reminded me that "she was Gods child and and she was allowed to express herself, no matter how loud she gets." I stayed.
After Mass, I gave that woman the 'evil eye.' It made me feel better.

Had a similar experience up in Lisbon Falls, Maine in 1994 - only it was the Priest who asked us to take our daughter out. Now I know why there was only about 30 people attending Mass that day. We never went back to that church - ended up driving an extra 20 minutes to attend a family friendly church. That church was twice as big as the first one and ussually standing room only.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Sharon
Thanks Tonio, I need a recipe though. :lol: If you saw the movie Needful Things you'd get my joke. :wink:

Thanks. I've never seen that movie. Maybe I should check it out.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Only heard about this thread over the weekend. Reading it confirms my belief that most people who call themselves Christian have no idea what the Bible really says and base their belief on feelings rather than God's Word.

I came out Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%). Next highest was Orthodox Quaker at 77%. Being a Christian involves reading the Word. Without the Word, belief is like shifting sand, hence people with so many percentages in the 90+%.
Matthew 7
24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."
28When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

Moral of the survey for "Christians" is you need to read the Bible to KNOW the Word and act on it or quit faking being a Christian.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
At least you know what you believe. "Christians" that say they don't believe the Bible or don't believe parts of the Bible are deluding themselves. If even one word of the Bible is not trustworthy, then nothing of the Bible is trustworthy.

I don't believe that all ways will get you to eternal life. I do believe that the Bible is the unerring Word of God, and since I do, I believe that God provided the ONLY way to get to His kingdom. Himself come in human form as Y'shua (Jesus). Forgiveness and reconciliation given freely for all who acknowledge and accept His self sacrifice. Almost everyone wants to go to heaven, but very few actually want to follow God's prescribed way. But that was also prophesied in the Bible.

Matthew 7
13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

It will be a shame not to see you in the life to come.

Angel

~*~*~
I am a Catholic... guess I got some repenting to do....

1. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)
2. Eastern Orthodox (93%)
3. Roman Catholic (93%)
4. Orthodox Quaker (93%)
5. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (89%)
6. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (87%)
7. Seventh Day Adventist (78%)
8. Jehovah's Witness (73%)
9. Bahá'í Faith (67%)
10. Liberal Quakers (66%)
11. Orthodox Judaism (64%)
12. Sikhism (57%)
13. Islam (54%)
14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (50%)
15. Unitarian Universalism (49%)
16. Reform Judaism (44%)
17. Neo-Pagan (35%)
18. Hinduism (33%)
19. Mahayana Buddhism (33%)
20. Theravada Buddhism (32%)
21. Secular Humanism (30%)
22. New Age (28%)
23. New Thought (28%)
24. Jainism (26%)
25. Scientology (24%)
26. Taoism (24%)
27. Nontheist (17%)

dustin

UAIOE
I am surprised by the results...but I don't see myself being classified into any particular religion. I go to both a Baptist and Bible church (and quite a few other protestant organizations), and have gone to Catholic Mass a few times as well. I believe the Bible is the "instruction manual" by how we should live. Its not that difficult, and I feel that if I wasnt raised in the church, I would probably be in jail or worse by now.

1. Orthodox Judaism (100%)
2. Bahá'í Faith (92%)
3. Sikhism (88%)
4. Hinduism (84%)
5. Orthodox Quaker (80%)
6. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (80%)
7. Reform Judaism (80%)
8. Islam (79%)
9. Jainism (77%)
10. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (74%)
11. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (73%)
12. Eastern Orthodox (73%)
13. Roman Catholic (73%)
14. Seventh Day Adventist (71%)
15. Liberal Quakers (70%)
16. Mahayana Buddhism (69%)
17. Jehovah's Witness (68%)
18. Neo-Pagan (68%)
19. Unitarian Universalism (62%)
20. Theravada Buddhism (54%)
21. New Age (50%)
22. Scientology (46%)
23. New Thought (43%)
24. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (34%)
25. Taoism (21%)
26. Secular Humanism (18%)
27. Nontheist (7%)

Dymphna

I retook this, paying more attention to the High, medium and low at the bottom.

I got:
1. Eastern Orthodox (100%)
2. Roman Catholic (100%)
3. Orthodox Quaker (98%)