I think I have lost my mind....

alex

Utah Bill Signed, Illegals Lose Licenses

Why do people think that because they have entered this country illegally they are entitled to all the benefits of being a citizen? Why arent' the DMV workers detaining and/or reporting these people to INS?

If you are here illegally you shouldn't even be able to get a drivers license. When you attempt to this you should be arrested.

How the heck are we supposed to teach our kids to obey the law and follow the rules when others don't and get rewarded for it? Why do these minority groups feel the actions taken by the State of Utah are illegal?

I can not find any way to think that this is okay.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
alex said:
Utah Bill Signed, Illegals Lose Licenses

Why do people think that because they have entered this country illegally they are entitled to all the benefits of being a citizen? Why arent' the DMV workers detaining and/or reporting these people to INS?

If you are here illegally you shouldn't even be able to get a drivers license. When you attempt to this you should be arrested.

How the heck are we supposed to teach our kids to obey the law and follow the rules when others don't and get rewarded for it? Why do these minority groups feel the actions taken by the State of Utah are illegal?

I can not find any way to think that this is okay.
:yeahthat: I'm with ya 100%.

K

kokopicu

Because the minorities have more rights than the founding people of this country. All they do is bellyache, pop out more kids to get more money for welfare and housing, then complain about living in the crime infested part of the city instead of getting off their behinds and working for a living.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
kokopicu said:
. . . instead of getting off their behinds and working for a living.

or better yet. . .

Bob Gallegos, president of the Hispanic lobbying group RAZ-PAC, vowed Tuesday to seek legal action against the law, and said he and other minority leaders would organize a one-day strike to prove how important undocumented workers are to the Utah economy

Hope nobody wants to buy a burger on that day! Ding fries are done cannot do it all by himself.

K

kokopicu

Vince said:
They are in the country illegally. The word is deportation.

but INS isn't known for finding the peeps with no green card or expired visas.........

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Typically, if you have a SSN you can obtain a valid drivers license. These individuals may not have entered illegally, but possibly fallen out of valid legal status; it happens all the time.

alex

Chasey_Lane said:
Typically, if you have a SSN you can obtain a valid drivers license. These individuals may not have entered illegally, but possibly fallen out of valid legal status; it happens all the time.
Doesn't that mean they are now in the country illegally? I can understand if they had one when they were here legally and did not expire but one would hope that to renew they have provide proof that are still legally allowed to be here.

Plus I thought you needed a birth certificate or some other proof of citizenship to get a driver's license - when did it change to an SSN? I got my license so long ago that I can't remember what is required now.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
alex said:
Doesn't that mean they are now in the country illegally? I can understand if they had one when they were here legally and did not expire but one would hope that to renew they have provide proof that are still legally allowed to be here.

Plus I thought you needed a birth certificate or some other proof of citizenship to get a driver's license - when did it change to an SSN? I got my license so long ago that I can't remember what is required now.
Not everyone understands the difference between immigrant/non-immigrant and their status. A foreign-born individual could provide proof of birth outside the United States. What's that going to do for the DMV person? Nothing, that's why I said SSN.

alex

Sorry, Chasey, guess I wasn't clear. I meant US Citzenship or a US birth certificate. But I guess none of it really matters when all types of identification can and is forged so well.

I guess what really boogles my mind was that people who knowing are here illegally expect to be able to obtain a US drivers license that they could then use as a form of valid US identification for other purposes. Plus the minority groups who appear to feel that this is a legimate right for people who are here illegally. I think these things plus the fact that it appears that a State government is going to knowing provide drivers licenses to people who are in this country illegally rather than arrest them and turn them over to INS just blew me away!

willie

This is MARYLAND the free state. Our illustrious leaders don't even think English should be the primary language.

alex

Willie, this is happening in Utah! A very conservative state which makes it even more mind boggling.

Bushy23

kokopicu said:
Because the minorities have more rights than the founding people of this country. All they do is bellyache, pop out more kids to get more money for welfare and housing, then complain about living in the crime infested part of the city instead of getting off their behinds and working for a living.

It's bigots like you that make this world such a lovely place.

D

dems4me

kokopicu said:

I kind of agree with that... I think we give waaaayyy to much to the people that come over from different countries... sometimes I think I would be better off if I denounced citizenship, went to a third world country and then came back here to live... :shrug: I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but I would be given discounted if not free housing, free education and a francise such as 7-11 or similar to run... sometimes its the honestly-trying-to-make-it work (not popping out 20 kids or 1 even) American citizens that can use a boost -- not those from other countries. Enough is enough but at this point if anyone in Congress were to cut back on any funding on our "aid" then they'd be painted up to be a bad guy. JMTC (actually it's Just My Five Cents (JMFC) now to account for the money being spent on such overly generous programs that seem to have no limit or cap to them).