I think mother nature hates me...

Bonehead

Last year a 3500$ AC outdoor unit destroyed by mice pee and debris, this year ants in the outdoor AC unit so thick that the contactor to start the motor is so clogged with ants that it can't close to start the motor. Second time in two days. Had to replace the contactor. What's next rabid bats ??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Last year a 3500$ AC outdoor unit destroyed by mice pee and debris, this year ants in the outdoor AC unit so thick that the contactor to start the motor is so clogged with ants that it can't close to start the motor. Second time in two days. Had to replace the contactor. What's next rabid bats ??

Is this at your place in the Keys?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We waged war on the mice and got rid of them. The ants are a different story so far.
Ants are notorious for getting into electronics. Sugar ants got into the relays on my hot tub controller, burned it out. Then the camel crickets moved in. Disgusting critters.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Ants are notorious for getting into electronics. Sugar ants got into the relays on my hot tub controller, burned it out. Then the camel crickets moved in. Disgusting critters.
The first time I saw those damned things was in a well house. I crawled in on my hands and knees and turned on a light. That was the closest I've ever come to crapping myself without having a medical reason.
:yikes:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This one hitched a ride in a customer's boat and disembarked at the yard in search of food. After eating he tried to retire to his cabin. He couldn't find a gang plank, so he tried to improvise. It didn't work very well, but he gave it a good try. I'm almost certain the board on top of the stand is 12"x12", but I could be mistaken.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
How about copperheads? Neighbor killed one. If there is one are there more?
Avoid them, kill if possible without getting bit. Won't kill you, but you're not gonna feel very good after being bitten. Live bearing, up to 20 in a single birth, so if it's small, probably more around.

frequentflier

happy to be living
The customer that owns the boat called Animal Control to catch it. IDK if they ever did. I would've let it be. Like sneakers said, they eat rodents.

In Calvert Co, I wouldn't count on animal control to do much of anything...
I would gladly take him to my property. There are a few voles that could go away and I wouldn't miss them at all!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
In Calvert Co, I wouldn't count on animal control to do much of anything...
I would gladly take him to my property. There are a few voles that could go away and I wouldn't miss them at all!
Okay, not only did I NOT catch the little heathen, I found out that the marina property is home to a bald fox and by the looks of the scat, a fairly large deer. We've got blackberries galore that the bald fox actually eats by standing on his hind legs and nibbling the berries off the bush. It's like working at a damn nature preserve, but with boats. Did I mention the poison ivy and chiggers?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Okay, not only did I NOT catch the little heathen, I found out that the marina property is home to a bald fox and by the looks of the scat, a fairly large deer. We've got blackberries galore that the bald fox actually eats by standing on his hind legs and nibbling the berries off the bush. It's like working at a damn nature preserve, but with boats. Did I mention the poison ivy and chiggers?
One of SGs pets?