I think we all knew...

Hijinx

Anyone with a brain knew Pelosi wasn't going to give in on anything.
Now we move on to the next stage.
It would be stupid to shut down again.

SamSpade

...the Dems had no intention of coming to any compromise on our border security, or even discussing it at all.

Is it too much to expect that SOME of the press will see this as the Dems acting in bad faith - after saying they wouldn't negotiate until the government was re-opened - and it's clear enough they never had any intention of compromising on anything?

See, I STILL don't get this - if I had to negotiate with someone who was willing to trade the farm for something, then dammit, I'd ask for the farm - but they're unwilling to budge on anything. I mean, what if they went in and said, ok, Mr, President, we'll give you every single dime you want for the wall and everything after - in exchange for total amnesty for all those currently here who have not committed a crime. Think he'd take it? Or at least, consider some version of it?

awpitt

Main Streeter
Is it too much to expect that SOME of the press will see this as the Dems acting in bad faith - after saying they wouldn't negotiate until the government was re-opened - and it's clear enough they never had any intention of compromising on anything?

See, I STILL don't get this - if I had to negotiate with someone who was willing to trade the farm for something, then dammit, I'd ask for the farm - but they're unwilling to budge on anything. I mean, what if they went in and said, ok, Mr, President, we'll give you every single dime you want for the wall and everything after - in exchange for total amnesty for all those currently here who have not committed a crime. Think he'd take it? Or at least, consider some version of it?

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump did. He's already expressed an openness to extending DACA and TPS which is something the Dems want. Of course, that was a few weeks ago so it would be hard to tell by now since Trump is all over the place day by day.

Hijinx

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump did. He's already expressed an openness to extending DACA and TPS which is something the Dems want. Of course, that was a few weeks ago so it would be hard to tell by now since Trump is all over the place day by day.
Yes well one thing is sure Nazi Pelousy isn't all over the place.

She is determined not to negotiate unless it is her way and so far the Democrats in the House are letting her lead them like sheep.
That wall is needed and she and most of the rest voted for it before Trump.
This isn't about America, this is a power play plain and simple.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You have to wonder why she is taking this hardline. Why is flooding our country with illegal immigrants so important to her that she'll go to the mat over it?

I think that about abortion, too. Why is abortion so important to these people that they make it a front and center campaign issue?

This_person

You have to wonder why she is taking this hardline. Why is flooding our country with illegal immigrants so important to her that she'll go to the mat over it?

I think that about abortion, too. Why is abortion so important to these people that they make it a front and center campaign issue?

Slight of hand.

They're keeping our attention on things no one (on any side of the issue) has any intention of modifying to keep fighting amongst the populace while they do things they don't make public.

"Look at the shiny bauble, peasants! Watch it shimmer and shine!!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Slight of hand.

They're keeping our attention on things no one (on any side of the issue) has any intention of modifying to keep fighting amongst the populace while they do things they don't make public.

"Look at the shiny bauble, peasants! Watch it shimmer and shine!!"

See, I think allowing drug dealers and criminals to come flooding into our country IS their dirty little secret that they're trying to keep from the public. I can only think they're making money off of it. There is no other logical reason.

glhs837

Power with Control
No, silly, it's because they are emotional issues. and when facts are not your friends, you argue with emotions. The stronger the better. And few emotions are stronger in Americans than empathy (for the poor huddled masses yearning) and the desire to have the freedom to do as you wish (meaning choosing what to do with that most personal thing, your body). And so they front and center immigration and abortion.

This_person

See, I think allowing drug dealers and criminals to come flooding into our country IS their dirty little secret that they're trying to keep from the public. I can only think they're making money off of it. There is no other logical reason.
Actually, I believe you are 100% correct. And, not just drugs. But, this has far deeper roots than the 21st century:
In 1982 citizens of Mena, Arkansas began wondering why the town’s airport was experiencing an unusually high rate of nighttime landings. Police there began to suspect drug trafficking, but were kept away from the planes by federal agents.

When cops started asking questions, they were stonewalled by federal agencies including DEA, FBI, Justice and even the IRS. Scores of witnesses to the strange events began to show up dead.

Pilot Barry Seal says he flew Medellin Cartel cocaine into Mena for the CIA from 1982-1986. Seal was busted in 1983, then began working for Vice-President Bush’s NNBIS.

He was sent to Nicaragua to take fake photographs supposedly depicting Sandinista soldiers loading cocaine onto Seal’s C-123K cargo plane. Those loading the powder were actually contras.

According to at least seven other pilots, Seal also began training contras at Mena.

The planes used to ferry weapons from Miami to the Honduran arms supermarket belonged to SETCO and Hondu Carib.

Suspected drug trafficker Frank Moss worked for both and claims he often made drops at Barry Seal’s farm outside Baton Rouge, LA. Retired Air Force investigator Gene Wheaton says Seal was also flying between Mena and George Bush Sr. oil buddy William Blakemore III’s West Texas ranch, where contras were also being trained.

Wheaton says the plane Seal was using was the same Southern Air Transport aircraft that Eugene Hasenfus later crashed inside Nicaragua.

When Seal started telling authorities about shipments of cocaine coming into Mena and into Blakemore’s West Texas ranch in 1984, Oliver North blew Seal’s cover. A short time later Seal was gunned down in New Orleans.

Pilot Terry Reed said Seal wanted him to turn his plane over to the Enterprise, then declare it stolen and collect the insurance money.

When Reed refused, his plane was stolen and ended up in Mena anyway. Reed wrote Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA, in which he says both he and Seal were actually on CIA payroll when they were flying coke into Mena.

He also claims that the DEA has a video of George W. and Jeb Bush flying into Tamiami Airport outside Miami in their private King jet, “to pick up a couple of kilos for a party”.

Reed says Seal knew too much about cocaine deals involving both Bush and then-Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton. Reed is confident that Seal was assassinated by the CIA.

According to Chicago researcher Sherman Skolnick, indicted former Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee Dan Rostenkowski (D-IL) was a large shareholder in Garfield Ridge Trust & Savings Bank, a Chicago savings and loan which disguised Mena drug money laundering as soybean and currency trades on Chicago’s Commodity Futures Trading Exchange.

Chicago-based Libertyville Savings & Loan had close ties to Walgreens and laundered money through Madison Guaranty Savings & Loan in Little Rock with help from Hillary Clinton and Vince Foster at the Rose Law Firm.

Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton received as much as $47 million of this Libertyville cash to protect the Mena drug smuggling operation.

In his book Boy Clinton: The Political Biography, R. Emmett Tyrell Jr. chronicles the mysterious deaths of those who had knowledge of Clinton’s involvement in the Mena operation.

These included Vince Foster, Kathy Ferguson (ex-wife of former Arkansas State trooper and Clinton bodyguard Danny Ferguson), Bill Shelton (Kathy Ferguson’s boyfriend and an Arkansas cop), Jon Walker (an investigator looking into Madison Guaranty for Resolution Trust Corporation), Paul Wilcher (an attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport), Danny Casalaro (an investigative journalist working on a book titled The Octopus), Jerry Parks (Clinton’s Chief of Security during his 1992 Presidential campaign) and Stanley Higgins (another Madison Guaranty investigator).

Dennis Patrick, who investigated Clinton friend Dan Lasiter’s law firm, survived three assassination attempts.

Lasiter was a Little Rock bond swindler convicted in 1986 on drug charges. He was a major contributor to Clinton’s political career and often let Clinton use his private plane, while providing “entertainment”.

Arkansas State Trooper L. D. Brown claims Clinton often flew to Central America on the planes flying weapons to the contras and returning to Mena with cocaine.

Brown says he asked Clinton once if he knew Barry Seal was running drugs and unreported currency and Clinton replied, “Don’t worry. That’s Lasiter’s deal.”

When Clinton became President he appointed DNC Chairman Ron Brown as his Secretary of Commerce. When the Whitewater Scandal erupted, Brown talked openly of cutting a deal with prosecutors. A short while later his plane went down while on a trade mission to Eastern Europe.

A pathologist close to the crash investigation said there was a hole in Brown’s skull resembling a gun-shot wound.

Not long after the crash, Clinton’s Whitewater partner James McDougal died of an apparent heart attack while in solitary confinement in a federal prison in Arkansas.

On November 29, 1996 Barbara Wise, a Commerce Department staffer who had been close to Ron Brown, was found dead, her badly bruised and naked body locked in a closet at Commerce.

In 1993 Reverend Jerry Falwell began circulating a video titled, The Clinton Chronicles, which documents Clinton’s involvement in Mena.

Scores of Arkansas Highway Patrolmen were also implicated. From the opposite side of the political spectrum, High Times magazine did an expose in its January 1995 issue alleging the same thing, but also implicating Vice-President Bush in the Mena escapades.

The High Times article claims that Bush and Clinton worked together in the CIA.

The New York Times reported on November 20, 1993 that the CIA had imported 1,000 kilos of cocaine into the United States in 1990.

In 1996, the Democratic National Committee received a $20,000 contribution from convicted Miami cocaine smuggler Jorge Cabrera who was invited to a White House Party and to a Miami reception for Vice-President Al Gore.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
You have to wonder why she is taking this hardline. Why is flooding our country with illegal immigrants so important to her that she'll go to the mat over it? I think that about abortion, too. Why is abortion so important to these people that they make it a front and center campaign issue?

I'm thinking that since money is a function of labor, and that citizens need X amount, (having been accustomed to certain amounts), to live on, and that many companies now only offer below X, meaning that citizens won't even apply for these below X jobs, (which would result in a lower standard of living), both parties have allowed the influx of illegals for them to be hired to work, often times off book, for well below X. This being a symptom of inflation, (expansion of the money supply). This is the result of the insidiousness of a fiat debt based currency system.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Political power. California for one state is fighting the Census Bureau over asking if a person is a citizen. Remember, election districts and the number of congressmen a state gets are driven by population. If the government had a way to seperate voting eligble from non-citizen, it might keep a certain state from getting more represntation in congress.

Then you have the push to allow them to vote, or at least ignore the fact they voted illegally.

Hijinx

Air America, The CIA and drug operations.
And Tranny so loves our Intelligence services.