I want a miniature giraffe.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I often wonder what is going through the heads of ad folks when they do this stuff. I imagine a table full of people going.." what makes me think of tv? hey I know... let's have a tiny giraffe...and he can KISS it." "Great idea marvin, great idea..pretty soon you will have your own office. keep it up"
Whereas I wonder what's going through their bloodstream. :coffee:

I want a giraffe too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I find it disturbing that Russians are promoting American Direct TV. Even the v/o at the end is some Russkie vodka swiller. Then there's the genetically engineered giraffe and the cloned hot babe servants.

It's a little more Mengele than I'm comfortable with.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I often wonder what is going through the heads of ad folks when they do this stuff. I imagine a table full of people going.." what makes me think of tv? hey I know... let's have a tiny giraffe...and he can KISS it." "Great idea marvin, great idea..pretty soon you will have your own office. keep it up"

Well, there are two parts to the equation; the dope smoking creative arts kids and whatever they come up with and the customer that says "Dude! Let's go with that!!!"

I get one side. I don't get the other.

thurley42

HY;FR
Well, there are two parts to the equation; the dope smoking creative arts kids and whatever they come up with and the customer that says "Dude! Let's go with that!!!"

I get one side. I don't get the other.

most of this stuff is copying things off of the internet....like the quiznos commercial with the kittens...these are just copies of the "I haz cheezeburgerz" thing...

there are a lot of eastern european/ukranian internet jokes...have you seen Europtrip when they go into Bratislava and the guy is talking about "Miami Vice number one new show!"

I think the new trend is they see what is hot on the internet and go with that...which isn't necessarily a bad thing....

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Well, sometimes that lame-osity is the client's idea. The ad dudes hold their nose and try to polish the turd, but at the end the customer gets what he wants.

Mythbusters DID polish a turd.

I also like saving zee money.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
I find it disturbing that Russians are promoting American Direct TV. Even the v/o at the end is some Russkie vodka swiller. Then there's the genetically engineered giraffe and the cloned hot babe servants.

It's a little more Mengele than I'm comfortable with.

You may be on to something.
look at the genetically cloned dog, the chihuahua, that was real cool when the first one came out, and now we have mexicans running all over the place.

could the giraffe be some sort of evil plot to reproduce the flow of border crossers on our Alaskan shores? Will Russians be swimming over next?

(even though Chiuahuas are most likely from China)

DosGattos

I told my husband that I want a tiny giraffe on a pillow so I can give it kisses and giggle. He thought I was nuts until he saw the commercial. But seriously, I want one!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think I'd rather have a full size giraffe that I can train to reach things in high places and trim my tree branches.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I think I'd rather have a full size giraffe that I can train to reach things in high places and trim my tree branches.

Leave it to vrai to take something beautiful and turn it into the hired help. First you make the cats work for a living controlling the yard pests, then you make toppick the golf ball collector and now this, you're such a slave driver.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Leave it to vrai to take something beautiful and turn it into the hired help. First you make the cats work for a living controlling the yard pests, then you make toppick the golf ball collector and now this, you're such a slave driver.

:yeahthat: She even has her friends being kitty door openers now. :mad:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm practical, what can I say? :shrug:

She even has her friends being kitty door openers now. :mad:
HA! You did that yourselves and I warned you! :lol: