I Want To Buy An Old Truck; But No Idea Where To Start.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I'm finally at the point where financially I can and and would like to indulge myself in fulfilling a long-held wish: buy an old (pre-1980's Ford) pickup.

Current rage is resto-mods. Not interested.

Nor am I interested in doing the restoring (too old, too broken down, too impatient).

What I'm looking for is a nicely restored original pickup. (as OEM as possible). Not terribly concerned about year or model/trim level or features. Just want it to be "really nice" (I've heard that's an actual vehicle grade...). Just want to start dipping toes in and seeing what's there. ((But to give y'all an idea, I'd love a late 50's/early 60's 4x4 Ford with stick. But not wedded at all to any of it.))

Also, not terribly worried about price (my 401k is doing quite well, you know). "Nice" trumps "price."

So what I'm asking, esteemed fellow forum members, are some resources to find vehicles and resources to know what pricing "should" be.

I searched the forums, but didn't find anything. Apologies, in advance, if my search how-to missed something.

And thanks, in advance, for any help any of you may be able to provide. I'd like to think I know quite a bit about quite a few things. But this ain't one of them!

Cheers!

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Personally I'd go for an F-1 Panel Truck .... but that is just me

there was a nice Marmon and Harington conversion recently on Hemming