I Was Attacked by the Biggest Bee EVER

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I swear. It was a monster bee. And I had a book in my hand and swatted this thing several times - making contact, and it just shook it off and came back after me. I finally ran and hid in my house.

So I looked it up and I was right this sucker is a monster. Watch out for it. The website says if it stings you, its venom can dissolve your flesh! :jameo: :cds:

It is NOT native to our area but has been seen by other folks in our area. Freak out now. :jameo:

Asian Giant Hornet Facts | Wild Facts

Attachments

• Picture_Vespa.jpg
    Picture_Vespa.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,183

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Honestly, I don't know if that's the bee since I couldn't kill it. But it was the only large bee in all the image that looked remotely like it.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Honestly, I don't know if that's the bee since I couldn't kill it. But it was the only large bee in all the image that looked remotely like it.

Last Sunday I got stung by a bee right on my collar bone, went to swat it away and it stung me on my finger. Monday, in a totally different area of my yard I got stung on my rib cage right through my shirt and went to swat it away and got stung on my finger. I don't think it was one of those, but the pain was so bad, it felt like someone stabbed me with a knife. I wasn't even near where there may have been a nest either time, I think the bees are attacking.

C

czygvtwkr

Might have been a carpenter bee, they are very large, but do not sting.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I swear. It was a monster bee. And I had a book in my hand and swatted this thing several times - making contact, and it just shook it off and came back after me. I finally ran and hid in my house.

So I looked it up and I was right this sucker is a monster. Watch out for it. The website says if it stings you, its venom can dissolve your flesh! :jameo: :cds:

It is NOT native to our area but has been seen by other folks in our area. Freak out now. :jameo:

I found one of these on our driveway in Delmar, Md 5 years ago. It was uncurled and about 3 inches long. An Asian Hornet.

I immediately Googled and found out what it was. It was already dead (thank goodness whatever killed it) and I haven't seen another since.

Maybe they all flew over to you. :evil:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Might have been a carpenter bee, they are very large, but do not sting.

I assume those are the ones that bore holes into wood. A house we lived in in Drum Point had a wooden railing all the way around, no one could figure out why the railing vibrated. Finally found out it was full of those bees.

Your story is not as cool as DoWhat's. Thank God you lived though! If you don't mess with those they will not mess with you I think. I don't mess with anything unless it's yellow jackets. Those need to be killed.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Well I hit that sucker several times mid air with a hard cover book dead on and it kept coming back for more.

It was the biggest bee I have ever seen in my entire life. It looked fake it was so big. It looked like a big fake flying parody of a bee.

The only image I've found that truly resembles it is the Asian Giant Hornet.

I admit it could be something else. But I've not seen anything yet. Not the Cicada Killer, not the European Wasp and definitely not the Carpenter Bee.

C

czygvtwkr

Well I hit that sucker several times mid air with a hard cover book dead on and it kept coming back for more.

It was the biggest bee I have ever seen in my entire life. It looked fake it was so big. It looked like a big fake flying parody of a bee.

The only image I've found that truly resembles it is the Asian Giant Hornet.

I admit it could be something else. But I've not seen anything yet. Not the Cicada Killer, not the European Wasp and definitely not the Carpenter Bee.

Maybe a product of Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant?