I will Boycott ESPN!!!

EASTERBUNNY77

My son just informed me that tonight's broadcast of the Packers/Bears game is going to be in Spanish with english subtitles for the entire 3rd qtr.. If this is true I will no longet support ESPN!!!! :mad:

BuddyLee

Football addict
My son just informed me that tonight's broadcast of the Packers/Bears game is going to be in Spanish with english subtitles for the entire 3rd qtr.. If this is true I will no longet support ESPN!!!! :mad:
This has been going on for years. All networks have done it; CBS, Fox, NBC, NFL Network and ESPN.

Man up.

Loper

Animal Poor!
This has been going on for years. All networks have done it; CBS, Fox, NBC, NFL Network and ESPN.

Man up.

:bs:
I have never had to watch a commercial in another language (with no subtitles or even with subtitles) on a USA football sport channel until last night! I was pissed last night watching the Miami vs Jets game. They had all Spanish commercials and Spanish titles of the teams several times during the game! I didn't see any English subtitles!

BuddyLee

Football addict
:bs:
I have never had to watch a commercial in another language (with no subtitles or even with subtitles) on a USA football sport channel until last night! I was pissed last night watching the Miami vs Jets game. They had all Spanish commercials and Spanish titles of the teams several times during the game! I didn't see any English subtitles!
Guess you haven't been watching much football for the past few years.

In fact, I can remember this as far back as the 2006 season.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Doesn't bother me, I watch ESPN Monday Night Football on mute anyways.

Jon Gruden drives me insane!

Loper

Animal Poor!
Guess you haven't been watching much football for the past few years.

In fact, I can remember this as far back as the 2006 season.

Please find a link to show this!! :howdy: I've been watching football probably since before you were born Buddy! Or should I say I was forced to watch football that long.. :killingme and AGAIN, I have NEVER had to watch a commercial OR broadcast in another language until last night!!!! :buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Please find a link to show this!! :howdy: I've been watching football probably since before you were born Buddy! Or should I say I was forced to watch football that long.. :killingme and AGAIN, I have NEVER had to watch a commercial OR broadcast in another language until last night!!!! :buddies:
Find your own link.

I'm not here to prove what's been there to see for years.

Besides, this isn't the government imposing it's will on it's poor citizens. This is a separate company (NFL) expanding their market; what any smart business would do.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Find your own link.

I'm not here to prove what's been there to see for years.

Besides, this isn't the government imposing it's will on it's poor citizens. This is a separate company (NFL) expanding their market; what any smart business would do.

:killingme:killingme
Ok then!!! You stated a fact and I asked you to prove it!!! :otter: now you are going to rant about the government.... :whistle: nevermind...

I just stated that up until last night, I (myself) have NEVER seen a commercial or broadcast on TV (of USA FOOTBALL) that required any other language skills other than ENGLISH! Maybe your channels are different than mine... :shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
:killingme:killingme
Ok then!!! You stated a fact and I asked you to prove it!!!
If you say it's a fact, what proof is needed?

now you are going to rant about the government.... :whistle: nevermind...
The point was that this has nothing to do with government.:coffee:

I just stated that up until last night, I (myself) have NEVER seen a commercial or broadcast on TV (of USA FOOTBALL) that required any other language skills other than ENGLISH! Maybe your channels are different than mine... :shrug:
NBC had as much last night (Miami v. Jets). CBS and Fox have done as much in the past. NFL Network did as much last year and years previously (see Arizona Cardinals opening their stadium).

Loper

Animal Poor!
If you say it's a fact, what proof is needed?

The point was that this has nothing to do with government.:coffee:

NBC had as much last night (Miami v. Jets). CBS and Fox have done as much in the past. NFL Network did as much last year and years previously (see Arizona Cardinals opening their stadium).

do you just want the last word??? or typed letters???

YOU stated something as a FACT... I wanted more info on the subject and you couldn't or wouldn't provide it!

I believe you BROUGHT the government into this conversation with your rant about the government. I don't believe I mentioned any government establishment.. I am pretty sure I TYPED that I have never SEEN a commercial or broadcast in another language until last night with the Jets vs Miami game.. :buddies:

JoeR

Watching the game right now. No Spanish being spoken in the 3rd quarter so far.

BuddyLee

Football addict
YOU stated something as a FACT... I wanted more info on the subject and you couldn't or wouldn't provide it!
Google

There ya' go.

I believe you BROUGHT the government into this conversation with your rant about the government.
Hmmm...I hardly ever rant. If one measly sentence qualifies as a rant then so be it.

I don't believe I mentioned any government establishment.. I
That was particularly directed to the OP, not you.

R

retiredweaxman

Happily, that was not true. However, I am pretty upset on NBC's decision to air commercials in Spanish during the game last night...not to mention the team names "spanishized" (Jets de Nueva York) and the NFL logo stating "futbol americano."

Go to any other non-english speaking country and you will not find signs in english...nor menus...nor tv programs...(unless it is tourist trap)

I love the commercial (Prudential?) that has a group of people in a Japanese restaurant asking for an english menu...and the waitress states, "No, no english." Then one of the women customers speaks fluent Japanese... That is the way it should be here...you are in this country, therefore speak our language and respect our customs and ideals (no flag burning)...

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I just stated that up until last night, I (myself) have NEVER seen a commercial or broadcast on TV (of USA FOOTBALL) that required any other language skills other than ENGLISH! Maybe your channels are different than mine...
I have to side with this. I have not ever seen it, and the closest Spanish references I have seen are when the NFL has recognized Hispanic Heritage Month or reporters/broadcasters have used particular Spanish terminology - but never whole segments in Spanish. That's the point of ESPN Deportes. If they start broadcasting in mixed languages, it would seem they'd be upsetting both sides at different times.

Baz

This. ------------------>
I have to side with this. I have not ever seen it, and the closest Spanish references I have seen are when the NFL has recognized Hispanic Heritage Month or reporters/broadcasters have used particular Spanish terminology - but never whole segments in Spanish. That's the point of ESPN Deportes. If they start broadcasting in mixed languages, it would seem they'd be upsetting both sides at different times.

That's exactly why they did it.