I Won't Say the Stores are Busy, but....

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Walmart had to open a whole new parking field. It extends from one end of the building to the other, directly in front of the store. You know.... where the "No Parking", "Fire Lane" and STS bus stop are?

One pulls out, another scoots right in to take it's place. But it's all good, they have their 4-way flashers on, so it must be OK.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I went to Wally's in PF to get a few things I didn't have to have, but wanted to get if I could, and it was not busy at all. That was around noon, too. I also went to Weis and it was super not busy. So, I lucked out, I think. :yay:

Clem72

I went to the grocery store yesterday and it was dead. Posts online have been about how dead the stores are, and tons of videos of people removing tags to see the same or even lesser prices underneath the black Friday sales tags.

BF has been going downhill for many years, but I think we can call it now. It's dead.

Bonehead

I tried to buy a new cell phone today.....all 3 were bad right out of their sealed boxes ! Got the first one home and could not get a keyboard to appear so back to best buy. Two hours later and three tries, no new phone.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I tried to buy a new cell phone today.....all 3 were bad right out of their sealed boxes ! Got the first one home and could not get a keyboard to appear so back to best buy. Two hours later and three tries, no new phone.
I'll bet they were refurbs, not new. The chances of 3 out of 3 being bad is not a coincidence.

SandieGarry

Walmart had to open a whole new parking field. It extends from one end of the building to the other, directly in front of the store. You know.... where the "No Parking", "Fire Lane" and STS bus stop are?

One pulls out, another scoots right in to take it's place. But it's all good, they have their 4-way flashers on, so it must be OK.

If this is the California Walmart, it's because of construction. The entire north end parking lot at the end of the building is fenced off. That means no curbside pick-up area. Some bonehead (not the fellow forumite) decided to do renovations/construction right before Black Friday. Great planning.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
okay, prepare for my sardonic commentary, but it has NOTHING to do with size shaming...lets be clear about that.

I witnessed a miracle today. I did. I was also proven wrong. Thats right.

You know that grocery store in Prince Frederick that rhymes with WE is?, Well, on a good day you may have 3 actual cashiers. But, the customer service desk is always closed. Which, makes me mad when I finally win 4 dollars from the Md.Lottery scratch off machine and no one will cash it.

But, today we bought about 12 items and headed to one of the self-check-out registers, "Credit and Debit only".

The large, man, (1/5 tonnage ) normally holding that stool down, dismounted his perch and gasping for air, said something like "Immagibyahad chagdebbit?"

WOAH!!!! Miracles do happen!!!! So, I took my 3 dollars to the lottery machine, but.....well, you know....
They are having some serious issues with those self check out machines, and they don't have enough employees. Yet, Thing2 works there and they cut his hours down to 12hrs. a WEEK. Mind you, he started out (albeit, part time) at 20 hrs a week in Nov. 2021. :rolleyes:

They apparently got a new store manager about 3 months ago, and she's been tasked with shaking things up. The reduction in his hours has something to do with the store (as a whole) isn't making money, so that means she has less hours to dole out. He has a limited skill set (but they have neglected to cross-train or offer additional areas of training to him) so he's stuck right now at the measly 12 hours they give him to work. I'm giving them until after the new year before I begin to advocate in a "different way" for him. :yay:

frequentflier

happy to be living
The Chesapeake Marketplace hopped yesterday. There were a few slow lulls but they didn't last long!
I do appreciate all the folks that support locally owned small businesses! And continue to!

NOTSMC

Target was great on Friday. I decided to stop on the way home from my son's house for essential hair products. I knew they had them in stock because I checked before I left. Parking lot was jammed but I managed to get a spot midway to the store. Walked in at 3:15. They had yellow caution tape blocking the normal paths to the cash registers with a sign or two stating line starts here. I had my stuff by 3:20, walked through the short maze, was greeted by a store employee who told me to go to register umptysquat, one person in front of me, nearly finished, no one behind me until I was nearly checked out. Cashiers were pleasant, no long lines, no excessive waiting. And best of all, I was on my way home by 3:30.

I took advantage of the pre–Black Friday sales. My oldest wants cash this year. Other than a few cards, I'm finished Christmas shopping.

I can't do it anymore because of my knees, but I kinda miss the crowds, and noise, looking for that special gift, a live Christmas tree that will fall over a dozen times before the holiday is over.

WheezyCarl

They are having some serious issues with those self check out machines, and they don't have enough employees. Yet, Thing2 works there and they cut his hours down to 12hrs. a WEEK. Mind you, he started out (albeit, part time) at 20 hrs a week in Nov. 2021. :rolleyes:

They apparently got a new store manager about 3 months ago, and she's been tasked with shaking things up. The reduction in his hours has something to do with the store (as a whole) isn't making money, so that means she has less hours to dole out. He has a limited skill set (but they have neglected to cross-train or offer additional areas of training to him) so he's stuck right now at the measly 12 hours they give him to work. I'm giving them until after the new year before I begin to advocate in a "different way" for him. :yay:
Offspring shopped in Wally's in DE. Every functioning self-checkout had an employee assigned to check receipts before exiting the area! Because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, she did not wait to be harassed. Rebel.

CPUSA

Offspring shopped in Wally's in DE. Every functioning self-checkout had an employee assigned to check receipts before exiting the area! Because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, she did not wait to be harassed. Rebel.
Wait a minute....they won't man the registers and act as cashier's... but will assign someone to check your receipt after performing cashier's duties....

PeoplesElbow

The newest self checkouts at Walmart are the absolute worst.

I made one reboot the other day and when it came back it was in Spanish.

I don't get it, Super Fresh in San Souci had self checkout over 20 years ago and it is still the best working one I have ever used.