I would like to start my own book club...

frozenrain

I checked out 'A THousand Splendid Suns ' by Khaled Hosseini -Sula's suggestion -very good and easy reading.This is one of the options.I will put a list down and then we will have to choose one book as a starter.In some groups they write down the title on a folded paper and pick it out of a hat.Then work through the rest of the list.
Is evening or daytime better for you guys ?Then I can see when most will be able to attend.
There are some very good discussion question sheets available that I can print out on numerous books and generic question sheets for other titles not listed.
If everyone interested could P.M me with best available time at my place.or just forum only option and the book they would like to read as a starter book.If they have not done so.Thankyou.The first meeting should be in the middle of september.:buddies:

frozenrain

Hello.I know it has been a long time since my original post. My local town house business center/club house have said that I can use their building for the book club which although my house would be nice. I can still take some drinks and snacks over. Plus there will be more parking spots.
This would be ideal because I know you are a bunch of lovely people but for security reasons just until I get to know you not great idea to give out my personal details. On advise from others!!
I am waiting back to find out time/date.Then I will let you guys know.
Any more book ideas would be appreciated.So I can get a good idea of what you like!
Thankyou for your patience!

Last edited:

watercolor

yeah yeah
That would be awesome. We could always meet at places like the Coffee Quarter and or Panera or places like that. I would even open my place up- depending on who and whatever were coming! :)

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Just sayin', I have read a billion books. The twilight series is amazing. Best books I have read in a long time. Just finished the last one.

It is less about vampires and more about what would happen if "The lion fell in love with the lamb". The love story is timeless. And The kite runner is my favorite book of all time. Don't read Stephenie Meyers' for your book club if it doesn't fit for you but, I am so glad I did. The characters are so alive to me. Exquisite books.

Twilight isn’t amazing. Not at all! :eyebrow:

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
So...did the book club idea die? I'd love to join one. I really like the idea of a private book club forum. Let's make it happen! :starcat:

SShewbert

What love is all about
Are there any that you've been wanting to read lately? I'm up for anything, really.

Nope dont really care, I just posted about looking for a book called the Dirty Girls Social Club. It sounds interesting but am thinking I will probably have to order from Amazon. I just bought a whole bunch from a book club and have some more to order so if you like mysteries give me a name of one and I will look it up.

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
Nope dont really care, I just posted about looking for a book called the Dirty Girls Social Club. It sounds interesting but am thinking I will probably have to order from Amazon. I just bought a whole bunch from a book club and have some more to order so if you like mysteries give me a name of one and I will look it up.
Would you like to read one that you already have? Have you ever heard of paperbackswap.com? I always check there before buying a book on amazon. You can go on and list books that you have that you no longer want. If someone requests it, you ship it to them. You get one credit for each book you ship, then you can requests books from other people. They pay the shipping to you. I have saved a ton on getting books this way. Anyway, back to the selection...as for mysteries, i have a few by Harlan Coben and Sandra Brown yet to read. (are these considered mystery writers? lol)

SShewbert

What love is all about
Would you like to read one that you already have? Have you ever heard of paperbackswap.com? I always check there before buying a book on amazon. You can go on and list books that you have that you no longer want. If someone requests it, you ship it to them. You get one credit for each book you ship, then you can requests books from other people. They pay the shipping to you. I have saved a ton on getting books this way. Anyway, back to the selection...as for mysteries, i have a few by Harlan Coben and Sandra Brown yet to read. (are these considered mystery writers? lol)

Lol I have no idea, I have never heard of them. What are the books? I have a couple James Patterson Novels that I have not read. Let me find the one I have been meaning to read and I will tell ya the title.

SShewbert

What love is all about
THE ACADEMY
by Bentley Little
Book Hardcover

THE INNOCENT MAN
by John Grisham
Book Hardcover

TO THE LAST BREATH
by Carlton Stowers
Book Hardcover

MURDER INSIDE THE BELTWAY
by Margaret Truman
Book Hardcover

PLUM SPOOKY
by Janet Evanovich
Book Hardcover

CSI: MORTAL WOUNDS
by Max Allan Collins
Book Hardcover

THE ASSOCIATE
by John Grisham
Book Hardcover

These are the books I just got. I have read To The Last Breathe and Murder Inside the Beltway already. The one To The Last Breathe was a really good book. If you have never read it I recommend it. It was about a little girl whos father killed her and the grandmother pushed until he was convicted of it. Murder Inside the Beltway was good as well, it was written by Harry Truman's daughter. I plan on getting her other books as well because it was that good.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
OK, ya'll, I've opened a personal forum for a book discussion club. Don't know for sure how we'll do this yet, but thought we'd just jump in and start - we can tweek as we go!

Watercolor has picked a book, the title will be announced Friday, May 22. You will need to locate a copy and have it read by June 8. We will have an open discussion beginning on Monday, June 8 until Friday, June 12, when a new book will be announced.

You can always choose to read the current book or not, but no spoiling for the rest of us!

We'll adjust the dates after this first book if it seems to be too little or too much time for the majority of readers.

I don't do a lot of reading in the summer, too much gardening to be done, so I may not join every book read, but will moderate what's happening. I thought we'd start now to have the kinks worked out by fall, when a book and a cozy blanket call.

The forum is Book Shelves Sagging, come on in!

Last edited: