I

Pete

Repete
In the rain, in a steaming hot wet leather jacket, with fogged up glasses.

I was nervous and blew the first test because my brakes were wet and my glasses fogged up. You can only amass 12 points and I got 10 right off the bat. I put my foot down in the slow straight ride and went through the box in 11.35 seconds instead of the 12 seconds.:duh:

The examiner asked me if I wanted to stop and come back tomorrow, I said hell no lets do it.

Finished all the rest of the tests perfectly. No more deductions. U-turn in a box, into a sharp right turn in a tight lane while using and cancelling turn signals. Full stop at a sign, sharp slow right turn into 6 cones 10 feet apart weaving the cones into a full stop on a line. Then an acceleration, upshift, downshif hard on the brakes to a full stop with the front wheel in a box. Left turn out of the course and park.

Then I did a split S and immediatly went to guns.....

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by aps45819
You da man :clap:

Secret of the "Slow Ride" is to keep your eyes on the horizon :cool:
I tried, all I could see through the fogged up glasses was the examiners scribbling on the sheet.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Originally posted by Pete
I tried, all I could see through the fogged up glasses was the examiners scribbling on the sheet.

Didn't they tell you "Where you look is where you'll go"?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
When I moved here, I traded in a VA auto liscense and asked for a motorcycle learners at the same time. Took the written test and they just put the motorcycle endorsement on my liscense. Never had to take the driving test.

dustin

UAIOE
Congrats dude :cheers:

Passing is all that counts in the end!!!

If your interested, you should check out the Expericenced Rider's Course. Builds on the foundation made by the basic course. :yay:

Don't forget to call your insurance company and let them know you have an MSF card....you should get a slight savings, even if its only a couple bucks...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Originally posted by dustin
Don't forget to call your insurance company and let them know you have an MSF card....you should get a slight savings, even if its only a couple bucks...

Should be 10%

Ponytail

MSC hasn't gotten me squat since i got it. Granted, it was a good course. But as far as the suuposed insurance savings, not all states/insurance companys honor it.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by dustin
Congrats dude :cheers:

Passing is all that counts in the end!!!

If your interested, you should check out the Expericenced Rider's Course. Builds on the foundation made by the basic course. :yay:

I took the 3 day experienced rider course 19 years ago. It was a PITA but I passed. I still have that cert. I told that to USAA they said cool, didn't even want the cert, just put it in my record. My insurance is high for a bike, $347 for 6 months. I am looking around but because of the ding I put in that womans car last winter in the parking lot they are making it hard.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by aps45819
Not bad. Mine's $700 a year from Progessive. But I also dinged somebody's door last year.
Guess mine is in line with the norm then. I just find it strange that my truck costs $36,000 and costs $480 for 6 months, the bike costs $9K and is almost as much. :confused:

I am afraid of what you guys with $25K Harleys pay.