ICE Raids Canceled because operational details were leaked to Reporters

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
However, two senior administration officials told BuzzFeed News that those within the administration believe acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan, or his staff, leaked operational details and that is what ultimately put the ICE operation in jeopardy.

“Leaking the locations and details to stop the operation from happening not only harmed operational integrity, but it put the safety and well-being of his own officers in jeopardy,” said one senior administration official. “The ICE mission is enforcing the nation’s laws and ensuring those who are unlawfully present in the country are removed if ordered by a judge; this will leave an un-erasable mark on his tenure.”

[clip]

The 2,000 individuals, Morgan said, had been ordered removed “in absentia” — without appearing in court — and had been notified to present themselves at ICE offices to facilitate a compassionate removal. These individuals, Morgan argued, had been given an adequate level of due process and a chance to make their case in court. Without officers targeting and removing them, immigrant families from Central America would continue to come without any fear of consequences.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/trump-delay-ice-operation-raids-immigrant-families

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
two senior administration officials told BuzzFeed News

:lol:

Yeah, done with Buzzfeed and their anonymous sources. They're not even a real news site, they're a dumb teen sex blog that shows you how to pop pimples. I can't think why "administration officials" would talk to them about anything.

When I see this story from a real source that did their own work and doesn't reference Buzzfeed, then I'll give it some credence.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Provide the public with a list of names and pictures of those who have been ordered to leave but didn't. Set up a hotline. Give a bounty of 2 taco bell burrito vouchers to legit tips.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Why do you suppose these "officials" would want to remain anonymous?

I'm thinking that instead of running to the press, they should inform the President and DoJ so that it can be handled.
Because the "leaker" is probably also the source. Please take note of what Trump said.
He's bargaining to get the law fixed, to close loopholes.

If the details were really "leaked" to subvert the raid, Trump would have his head on a platter.
But now the Open Borders people can be kicked for telling people to broadcast sightings of ICE agents and to hide people from ICE.