I'd like to submit him for a Darwin Award.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Off-Duty LAPD Officer Shoots, Kills Home Intruder - News Story - KNBC | Los Angeles

Off-Duty LAPD Officer Shoots, Kills Home Intruder

POSTED: 4:47 pm PST February 12, 2008
UPDATED: 5:18 pm PST February 12, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Police Department's Force Investigation Division is investigating a shooting in which an off-duty officer shot and killed an intruder who entered his home, officials revealed Tuesday.

Officer Rodney Williams was off duty and sleeping in his home Friday afternoon when he was awakened by a person trying to get into the residence, according to an LAPD statement.

Williams went to get his duty weapon and, upon his return, was confronted by the intruder and fired several rounds, according to the statement.

The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. The officer was not injured.

Police did not release the victim's name and declined to say whether the officer's home is in Los Angeles or another Southland city.

I highlight victim because I hate when the media does this and they always do. When you break into someone's home you are not a "victim"

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
T

toppick08

Agreed! :yay: It should be "intruder" or "would-be thief" or "scum-sucking lazy-ass maggot" ... a victim is someone who is murdered, assaulted, raped, etc. when they are NOT already in the commission of a crime.

:yay:

luvscats

are you saying you'd give a Darwin award to the off duty police officer or to the report who wrote the article and called the intruder a "victim"

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
are you saying you'd give a Darwin award to the off duty police officer or to the report who wrote the article and called the intruder a "victim"

What, the dude that died! The so called "Victim" of course. Are you not familiar with Charles Darwin and his most famous theory?

The premise being that out of all the unarmed people in L.A. this guy picks a cop's home.

Did not think that would take explaining, oh well.

Last edited:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
What, the dude that died! The so called "Victim" of course. Are you not familiar with Charles Darwin and his most famous theory?

The premise being that out of all the unarmed people in L.A. this guy picks a cop's home.

Did not think that would take explaining, oh well.

If the guy walked up the driveway passed a parked patrol car that belonged to the sleeping officer then tried to break in then it would be worthy of a darwin award. The moron didn't know as far as I can tell so therefore he was just an unlucky moron.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
If the guy walked up the driveway passed a parked patrol car that belonged to the sleeping officer then tried to break in then it would be worthy of a darwin award. The moron didn't know as far as I can tell so therefore he was just an unlucky moron.

Yeah, I know........... disregard. It was more of a tongue in cheek type comment. I didn't know that it would get critiqued like this.:doh:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Yeah, I know........... disregard. It was more of a tongue in cheek type comment. I didn't know that it would get critiqued like this.:doh:

Its the idiots that disregard the obvious that win the awards most of the time. Crawling through AC vents with flashlight in mouth, Rockets on old chevies, dynamite and ice fishing, etc etc etc etc.

Its not critique. You should have titled this post Unlucky Bastard and you would have been good to go! :coffee:

Personally I would have maimed him so he would wake up every day for the rest of his life knowing that he could have been a Darwin canidate! Killling the guy was too easy.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
O man

tongue and cheek = half serious......... see what I am saying.

And the reason a Darwin Award is a Darwin Award is because the person has removed themselves from the population hence making future generations smarter, in general.

Some say that people that remove their genitals in someway are elgible too because they can no longer reproduce, that is a somewhat controversial topic in it's own right though.