Ideas for law enforcement

SamSpade

Last night at the dinner table it got a little testy about the Chauvin case. And I mentioned that I wouldn’t want to be in an alley at 2:30 am staring down two people in the dark - get shot at eight times , chase down one of them - he turns and is holding a gun -

And in seconds you must decide - do I shoot - or hesitate and likely get killed?

Do we need better, non-lethal means of immobilizing perps? You all remember Star Trek they’d set phasers on “stun”? I’ve been reading about alternatives to tasers because they’re not terribly useful at large distances.

Thoughts?

Hijinx

What needs to change is the mentality of idiots that make heroes out of drug addicted criminals.

They allow black children and babies to be killed as long as another black kills them, but let a cop shoot a criminal and they are up in arms.
It isn't going to change because they are too busy pushing this BULLSHT, that every one of these criminals was a black hero and shot down by a racist cop. The cop is removing a hazard to them and they get pissed off about it.
It's a bit like a good neighbor policing up the dog crap in a neighborhood and they get pissed because they feel the dog has a right to leave it's little present there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do we need better, non-lethal means of immobilizing perps?

I'm good with criminals getting shot to death. If they didn't want to get killed, they shouldn't be criminals. And think how many people won't become victims of that person now that he's dead.

So what happens if they get stunned and arrested? They get kicked out a few minutes later and are back on the street up to their old tricks. They can rape and rob any number of people between the time they hit they street and a year later when their trial date finally arrives, where they receive PBJ and are free to go.

I'm pretty sure all those folks who cry big tears over some shitbag has never been a crime victim. Perhaps that's what needs to happen in order to straighten out their misplaced compassion and get them to stop letting the TV do their thinking for them.

SamSpade

So what happens if they get stunned and arrested? They get kicked out a few minutes later and are back on the street up to their old tricks.

Well THAT is another part of the problem. NOT punishing criminals, you might as well NOT have cops at all. At least some of the fear of police for some is going to jail. I've said innumerable times on here that if there are no consequences for an action, there's never a reason to STOP doing it - hence, routine red-light running, for example. If you refuse to punish criminals, arresting them is just an inconvenience.

I'm thinking of this girl who got shot - trying to stab another girl. Is the ONLY way to stop a stabbing to shoot them dead?

Is every person breaking the law a potential killer? Wouldn't it be at least as good to incapacitate them completely and then cuff 'em - rather than chase down, tackle, wrestle with five or six guys on top. A taser would have put down Rodney King.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I kinda think none of this really matters, until you get to the real root of the problem: WHY do they feel this and acceptable lifestyle? WHY, knowing the odds of getting shot by a cop should make it unattractive, but they do it anyway. Find ways to curb the issues and problems long before the cops have to deal with it. There will always be crime and the need for enforcement, but minimize the need. There used to be a program where the cops actually got out of vehicles and walked the town, interfaced with the community. It had some success, but didn't last.

Reactions: BOP

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
A taser would have put down Rodney King.
It did and he bounced back TWICE. Granted they were older models (as it was 30 years or so ago), but depending on the target and what may or may not be driving them, they weren't effective.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm thinking of this girl who got shot - trying to stab another girl. Is the ONLY way to stop a stabbing to shoot them dead?
I'm betting the black girl whose life was saved is thankful her attacker is dead. If you look at the video, the attacker is raising and thrusting the knife aiming for the other girl's neck. Shooting her was the fastest, and safest way, for the officer and the victim, to stop that attack.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well THAT is another part of the problem. NOT punishing criminals, you might as well NOT have cops at all. At least some of the fear of police for some is going to jail. I've said innumerable times on here that if there are no consequences for an action, there's never a reason to STOP doing it - hence, routine red-light running, for example. If you refuse to punish criminals, arresting them is just an inconvenience.

Is every person breaking the law a potential killer? Wouldn't it be at least as good to incapacitate them completely and then cuff 'em - rather than chase down, tackle, wrestle with five or six guys on top. A taser would have put down Rodney King.

We're just spitballin' here, so.....

Monello says all the time that this country would be a great place if everyone were him and me. As in, didn't rob people, weren't violent, picked up their dog's poop, treated people with respect, drove safely, paid their bills, didn't stand gabbing in the middle of the freaking grocery store aisle, etc...

Wouldn't it be great to not have teenage girls trying to knife each other? To not have drug addicts cashing fake checks to buy more drugs? Not having people who attack cops? Or let their 13 year old run the streets with felons in the middle of the night?

Is the world a worse place because those people are dead? Do we really miss their filth and degradation and ugliness? Do we miss the ghettos they make of their communities? Are we really sorry that that girl didn't live to pop out 8 more future felons just like her?

I don't know about you, but I'm solid on how I answer those questions.

General Lee

I'm not sure what the answer is, but something needs to change...
It’s really quite simple, people need to stop confronting police with a weapon. And I’m not referring to the Chauvin case As an example. More and more people these days are confronting and challenging police with weapons and the end result will always be the same. You can’t paint ALL law enforcement with a broad brush over the actions a few cops out of roughly a million cops nationwide. Stop listening to the media.

SamSpade

I don't know about you, but I'm solid on how I answer those questions.

I know I am not solid with the idea that it is acceptable to just kill those individuals in those situations and this is the reason why.
You imagine that you would make the right call in those situations and most of the time, I think you might, although it would burn you out.

But I don't have the same faith in all law enforcement - I had a brother in law who got the crap beat out of him by a couple of cops in NJ - because they could. In the precinct bathroom. A few weeks later my parents saw the same cops with a kid on his prom date, K-9s growling while he was spread out on the car, smacking his legs - because he left the restaurant having told the staff he left his wallet in the car.

Imagine THOSE a-holes having the power of life and death over whomever they deem a "criminal"? Remember the argument over free speech and censorship - what if the OTHER side has control over it? What if we grant this right to kill dirtbags in the street rather than apprehend them? What happens when the cop is someone who thinks DEEJAY is a criminal, and rather than arrest you, decides to give you a dirt nap?

Just arrest them. THAT's what they should do. Let the courts execute them.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Squirt gun filled with pee: Right in the mouth. Works every time.

Bring Joe Biden with you: Biden is widely feared in the criminal underworld ever since his courageous showdown with Cornpop. One look at Biden and the criminal will surrender.

Call a compassionate social worker: Within 30-45 minutes, a professional will arrive with a clipboard to question the suspect about their relationship with their father. While you wait for the social worker to arrive, be sure to distract the suspect with the pee squirt gun.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I've read a lot of tweets regarding the use of a gun in regards to a person with a knife and those arguments are 99.99999% stupid and wrong headed.

Multiple rounds at point blank and he kept advancing ... after a TASER failed to stop.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just arrest them. THAT's what they should do. Let the courts execute them.

I have no doubt that Derek Chauvin went on that call fully expecting to, at the very most, arrest Floyd. Most cops who kill or get killed on duty didn't plan on that call going south; they planned on either breaking it up or arresting someone.

That girl in Columbus that was killed, she did that to herself. If I had some psycho running at me with an upraised knife, I'd prefer the cop shoot first and ask questions later.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've read a lot of tweets regarding the use of a gun in regards to a person with a knife and those arguments are 99.99999% stupid and wrong headed.

Some famous blue check ghetto slut tweeted that the cops should just let knife fights play out. Shouldn't even go on the call. :lol:

This is what's happened to us - crazy people have a loud voice and we're instructed to take their nonsense seriously. The media has ****ed with our thinking to the point that we no longer can say definitively that knifing someone to death is wrong.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here it is:

Bree Newsome, according to her Twitter bio, is:

artist - grassroots organizer - free black woman - scaled 30ft flagpole & removed sc confederate flag in protest on june 27, 2015 - Psalm 27

The good news is that she's getting her ass absolutely handed to her, which is new. A few months ago no one would have dared sass her.