Ideas for law enforcement

SamSpade

I don't know what's going to change matters.

What gets me is - as dangerous as gangs and cartels are - overall in the United States, violent crime has been dropping across the board year to year for decades. It is about HALF of what it was thirty years ago. When a Republican has run for office - any office - declaring they will usher in law and order, the left hears there's gonna be police brutality against people of color. So the left has repeatedly gone on record trying to make the case that - there's really no crime problem.

But - every time a POC is killed by a cop, we are told the nation is "systemically racist". When Chauvin was found guilty - THAT SHOULD PROVE IT ISN'T. Having a bad cop doesn't say cops are racist and the system is unjust - convicting a bad cop says, IT IS just. You absolutely 100% cannot expect that as high a bar as you want for cops - ten million interactions with cops a year that resolve peacefully - you cannot expect every one of them to never have a bad outcome. But you CAN hold them accountable afterward. A guilty verdict says, sorry - but it IS just.

POC MUST learn that figthing cops, resisting arrest and so forth will never end well.

The data JUST CAN'T be found to in any way suggest there's a war on black people by the cops. We have an idiotic idea in this nation of "equity" - it's not enough to guarantee everyone has an equal chance at something - "equity" says there must be equal OUTCOME. Hence there's a determined effort to portray the higher incidence of things like blacks arrested, incarcerated, victims of COVID - that these are all a consequence of racism.

Expecting equal outcome in everything is like having a marathon and demanding the top ten runners are diverse. It doesn't work that way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hence there's a determined effort to portray the higher incidence of things like blacks arrested, incarcerated, victims of COVID - that these are all a consequence of racism.

There's good money in race baiting. I don't have four million-dollar homes, do you?

It's unreasonable to expect these people to just go, "Nah, I don't want those millions of $$$ they give me for running my mouth. I think I'll be a car mechanic instead."

The only reason that girl in Columbus got traction is because the media manipulators pushed the story before they realized she had a knife and was attacking another black girl. They thought it was a white cop shooting a black teenager, so they licked their wolfish lips and started tweeting. Now they're in the position of having to twist it so that shooting a black person who is in the process of killing another black person is evil.

It's actually fun watching their creativity because there's not a lot you can do with that.

SamSpade

There's good money in race baiting. I don't have four million-dollar homes, do you?

I can deal with the whole antagonistic press - what I don't like is how another mostly fake issue is a big wave carrying the Dems into positions of power they will be impossible to pull from. I don't care so much if the BLM founder lives in several expensive mansions - that our President and VP say revolting things about race -

What I don't want is my kids and generations of kids being TAUGHT what they're being taught - of our nation being run into the ground financially by the likes of idiotic rhetoric spewed by brainless fools like AOC. THIS kind of crap, we can't bounce back from.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

But I don't have the same faith in all law enforcement - I had a brother in law who got the crap beat out of him by a couple of cops in NJ - because they could. In the precinct bathroom. A few weeks later my parents saw the same cops with a kid on his prom date, K-9s growling while he was spread out on the car, smacking his legs - because he left the restaurant having told the staff he left his wallet in the car.
And there in lays the problem. This occurred in the shithole known as New jersey. Why was he in that state to begin with and why was he in the "precinct bathroom" with those officers?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't care so much if the BLM founder lives in several expensive mansions

See, and I care very much about that because it means race baiting is being rewarded on an enormous scale. Which means it's not going to stop.

What I don't want is my kids and generations of kids being TAUGHT what they're being taught - of our nation being run into the ground financially by the likes of idiotic rhetoric spewed by brainless fools like AOC. THIS kind of crap, we can't bounce back from.

Then we need to see that it's not rewarded like the BLM chick has been rewarded.

And it's the fault of normal everyday black people who live and work and go to school. These BLM shenanigans and AntiFa riots hurt them the most, and what do they do? They vote to have these people run their cities and states and represent them in DC.

:crazy:

So black people? Yeah, get your chit together and stop ****ing up our country with your ignorant ass voting habits. :smack:

SamSpade

If I may ...

And there in lays the problem. This occurred in the shithole known as New jersey. Why was he in that state to begin with and why was he in the "precinct bathroom" with those officers?

1. Because that was his home. He lived there. In South Jersey, near Cape May. Not widely regarded as a chithole.
  2. He was the station because they claimed they wanted him to fill out something when he was observed to be driving erratically. He was driving home from Philly and was tired. He agreed and followed them in his car.

When he was alive - he described the incident. One of the cops there - while he was waiting - was doing his thing with nunchucks a few inches from his face and laughing maniacally. He asked to go to the bathroom and when we went in there, maniac beat his ass with the nunchucks. Also had his head hammered into the sink a few times.

This is a case of someone who should never have become a policeman.

Kinnakeet

Last night at the dinner table it got a little testy about the Chauvin case. And I mentioned that I wouldn’t want to be in an alley at 2:30 am staring down two people in the dark - get shot at eight times , chase down one of them - he turns and is holding a gun -

And in seconds you must decide - do I shoot - or hesitate and likely get killed?

Do we need better, non-lethal means of immobilizing perps? You all remember Star Trek they’d set phasers on “stun”? I’ve been reading about alternatives to tasers because they’re not terribly useful at large distances.

Thoughts?
I say if it comes to life or death and you can get a lethal shot off then by all means shoot to kill

Kinnakeet

I'm not sure what the answer is, but something needs to change...
Correct something needs to change like the majority of the Negro populations demeanor when the police tell you to do something just do it dont play the race card just do what he/she orders as you can see now it is getting harder for the police because of the democrats telling people its ok to fight the police its not and never will be..

Kinnakeet

What needs to change is the mentality of idiots that make heroes out of drug addicted criminals.

They allow black children and babies to be killed as long as another black kills them, but let a cop shoot a criminal and they are up in arms.
It isn't going to change because they are too busy pushing this BULLSHT, that every one of these criminals was a black hero and shot down by a racist cop. The cop is removing a hazard to them and they get pissed off about it.
It's a bit like a good neighbor policing up the dog crap in a neighborhood and they get pissed because they feel the dog has a right to leave it's little present there.
100% correct

Kinnakeet

We're just spitballin' here, so.....

Monello says all the time that this country would be a great place if everyone were him and me. As in, didn't rob people, weren't violent, picked up their dog's poop, treated people with respect, drove safely, paid their bills, didn't stand gabbing in the middle of the freaking grocery store aisle, etc...

Wouldn't it be great to not have teenage girls trying to knife each other? To not have drug addicts cashing fake checks to buy more drugs? Not having people who attack cops? Or let their 13 year old run the streets with felons in the middle of the night?

Is the world a worse place because those people are dead? Do we really miss their filth and degradation and ugliness? Do we miss the ghettos they make of their communities? Are we really sorry that that girl didn't live to pop out 8 more future felons just like her?

I don't know about you, but I'm solid on how I answer those questions.
We all need to carry a weapon of some sort!

Kinnakeet

I know I am not solid with the idea that it is acceptable to just kill those individuals in those situations and this is the reason why.
You imagine that you would make the right call in those situations and most of the time, I think you might, although it would burn you out.

But I don't have the same faith in all law enforcement - I had a brother in law who got the crap beat out of him by a couple of cops in NJ - because they could. In the precinct bathroom. A few weeks later my parents saw the same cops with a kid on his prom date, K-9s growling while he was spread out on the car, smacking his legs - because he left the restaurant having told the staff he left his wallet in the car.

Imagine THOSE a-holes having the power of life and death over whomever they deem a "criminal"? Remember the argument over free speech and censorship - what if the OTHER side has control over it? What if we grant this right to kill dirtbags in the street rather than apprehend them? What happens when the cop is someone who thinks DEEJAY is a criminal, and rather than arrest you, decides to give you a dirt nap?

Just arrest them. THAT's what they should do. Let the courts execute them.
Hard to arrest someone trying to kill you dont you think

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Police should be accompanied by big game hunters who, when necessary, can shoot the perp in the legs with a local anesthetic that makes them unable to run. Because who's getting in a gun fight if they can't run, right?

Then pee on them. The embarrassment and humiliation, resulting in uncontrolled laughter among the witnesses will diffuse the situation. Then if the cop is charged with public urination well, you gotta go when you gotta go.

Hijinx

When a police officer goes to work he places his life in danger. It comes with the job.
But when we say his life is in danger it may have nothing to do with his physical life as such.
It also has to do with his life that he has as a person.

His family, his reputation, his freedom.

Chauvin just lost his life. He is alive all right so far he is breathing, but his freedom is gone, his wife has hauled ass, he cannot go to the store play baseball with his friends, go golfing . He has his life, but he lost his life.
He lost his life dealing with a human piece of sht. that wasn't worth the effort to hold him down.

His life is over, unless he wins on appeal. He was doing his job. Maybe he was a bit over zealous, they should fire him, but does he deserve to be in jail for years over doing his job over zealously? For holding down a fool who swallowed enough Fentanyl to kill a horse. Better had he just let that fool lay there and die. Although if he had done that he would also be charged with not doing his job. There is no winning when you have a race of people who hate the police, hate white people, hate their own people and a media and politicians who willingly send this man to jail so they can make points with the donuffins, and get their vote.

I won't even mention the Police Chief who testified against him. Every Minneapolis cop should quit.

SamSpade

Hard to arrest someone trying to kill you dont you think
Well part of the reason for the thread - to find a way to incapacitate someone without killing them.

But my concern also lies with trusting the sort of person as I’ve described - someone who should NOT be making that choice. Do you think Ashli Bobbitt was trying to KILL anyone?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Until just a couple years ago killing criminals who attack cops or anyone else was fine with us. Then Trump got elected and suddenly cops were just gunning choir boys down in the streets and it was ALL TRUMP'S FAULT.

Now every single time a cop has to shoot some black criminal, the media loses their hivemind and rouses the mindless rabble. It's okay to shoot white criminals - it's open season on white people - but no matter what some black scumbag does s/he must never be stopped.

For decades we've tied cops' hands when they have to go up against bad guys. We do that chit with our military too. And somehow that hasn't made shitbags stop committing crimes. How can that be? We made our cops be nicer and STILL these POS commit crimes. Hell, we even decriminalized a bunch of stuff so folks who want to break the law wouldn't feel bad, and STILL they commit crimes.

AND they rut like animals and pop out like 8 million kids that are just like them. Yay! More criminals! I was just saying to Monello that what this country needs is more criminals!

:yahoo:

You all do you, but I'm not going to let the Marxist media do my thinking for me. Not even the gutless wonders at Fox. They can repeat it on an endless loop and they will never convince me that being soft on crime will lead to less crime. Never. Like, ever.

The solution to cops not shooting criminals is for these shitbags to stop being criminals. Until that happens, I'm totally okay with cops shooting them.

SamSpade

they will never convince me that being soft on crime will lead to less crime. Never. Like, ever.

The solution to cops not shooting criminals is for these shitbags to stop being criminals. Until that happens, I'm totally okay with cops shooting them.

I don't think we should ever be soft on crime - right now we're more or less awash in PETTY crime and petty law-breaking because there are no consequences at all. I do know you will never, ever be rid of criminals. Partly because it's human nature - but partly because LEOs are often required to enforce laws that don't make any damned sense, thus MAKING a criminal. I wonder how many "criminals" are being detained or otherwise punished for the "crime" of endangering public health due to violating some stupid COVID decision (not law). I shudder to think we may yet see people being "criminals" for violating the life of the planet over some green law.

Having seen the imminent nature of that girl about to be stabbed - that cop made exactly the right decision. I don't think anyone I know could have drawn their gun fast enough. I saw on TV they were arguing about --- CLEANING THE HOUSE. That's a psychotic kid there.

But I also have seen the video of Ashli Babbitt - who was in no way an imminent threat to anyone - and a cop killed her point blank. Non-lethal means of incapacitating people would be fine, there. If a reliable one for that instance existed.

I had this discussion with my son last night. Now granted, he is intellectually disabled - but he wanted to know why the cops don't just kill ALL the criminals. I told him that THAT is the job of the courts. While cops do kill criminals sometimes - it's not their job to do that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
For decades we've tied cops' hands when they have to go up against bad guys.

Berwyn Heights Mayor Called, he'd like his dog back

Yay! More criminals! I was just saying to Monello that what this country needs is more criminals!

IMHO is those living in the Blue Cities / and States want to defund the police ...... go for it .... enjoy the mayhen and crime

if you don't vote for this, MOVE while you can ... your City will be city will become the next Chi-raq

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
but partly because LEOs are often required to enforce laws that don't make any damned sense, thus MAKING a criminal.

let us start with ending these excuses for traffic stops that are really fishing expeditions and 4th Amendment Violations

Having seen the imminent nature of that girl about to be stabbed - that cop made exactly the right decision. I don't think anyone I know could have drawn their gun fast enough. I saw on TV they were arguing about --- CLEANING THE HOUSE. That's a psychotic kid there.

In such a homicidal rage she ignored multiple orders from the cop to stop fighting