St. Mary's Co. Identity Needed for Theft Suspect

With over 120 years of experience, their team of lawyers and experienced legal support professionals work to help you in a time of legal need.

The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the identity of the person pictured in a theft investigation. On Monday, July 5, 2021 at noon, the suspect did not scan all of the items in her cart while using the self-checkout register at the California Walmart store. She left the register without paying for the items she did scan and then pushed the shopping cart toward the exit passing the last point of sale. When asked for a receipt while leaving, the suspect fled the store before she could be identified.

Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect or this incident is asked to call Deputy Casey Hill at 301-475-4200, ext. 78112 or email casey.hill@stmarysmd.com. Case # 34783-21

Citizens may remain anonymous and contact the St. Mary’s County Crime Solvers at 301-475-3333, or text a tip to “TIP239” plus their message to “CRIMES” (274637). Through the Crime Solvers Program tipsters are eligible for an award of up to $1,000 for information about a crime in St. Mary’s County that leads to an arrest or indictment.

Disclaimer: In the U.S.A., all persons accused of a crime by the State are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. See: https://so.md/presumed-innocence. Additionally, all of the information provided above is solely from the perspective of the respective law enforcement agency and does not provide any direct input from the accused or persons otherwise mentioned. You can find additional information about the case by searching the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Database using the accused's name and date of birth. The database is online at https://so.md/mdcasesearch . Persons named who have been found innocent or not guilty of all charges in the respective case, and/or have had the case ordered expunged by the court can have their name, age, and city redacted by following the process defined at https://so.md/expungeme.

Last edited by a moderator:

stgislander

PREMO Member
A tattoo à la Hell on Wheels

Attachments

• HOW-Cast-S4-Eva-560.jpg
    HOW-Cast-S4-Eva-560.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 78

frequentflier

happy to be living
It appears there are a lot of people that "take advantage" of the self checkout at that WalMart. Is it really saving them money to not have to pay cashiers when it is a continuous cycle of theft? You also have to wonder how many people get through and get over without anyone realizing it?

TPD

the poor dad
It appears there are a lot of people that "take advantage" of the self checkout at that WalMart. Is it really saving them money to not have to pay cashiers when it is a continuous cycle of theft? You also have to wonder how many people get through and get over without anyone realizing it?
I’ve been thinking the same thing. Seems as tho every couple of days there is a story like this from Walmart. Our local thieves need to get smarter and find themselves a Nieman Marcus.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I wonder how many of these lowlifes think they will not get prosecuted based on what is going on in some major cities where shoplifting is all but a condoned practice by the DA and other politicians.

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
You also have to wonder how many people get through and get over without anyone realizing it?
You also have to wonder how many people make honest mistakes because they're being forced to do Walmart's job for them and check themselves out. You have 2 choices in California, Md: Use self checkout or wait in line for a very long time for one of the few human employees to check you out. It also appears to me that they use the employees with the slowest possible checkout rates; probably to further persuade customers to self check out. Walmart does monitor the number of items processed per unit of time. I've seen a report slip from one the registers that was left laying at the terminal.

Reactions: TPD

frequentflier

happy to be living
You also have to wonder how many people make honest mistakes because they're being forced to do Walmart's job for them and check themselves out. You have 2 choices in California, Md: Use self checkout or wait in line for a very long time for one of the few human employees to check you out. It also appears to me that they use the employees with the slowest possible checkout rates; probably to further persuade customers to self check out. Walmart does monitor the number of items processed per unit of time. I've seen a report slip from one the registers that was left laying at the terminal.
I don't know...I think there are a lot of low life opportunists taking advantage! Words out in the hoods.