If America was invaded, more than half of Democrats said they would flee before fighting for their country

SamSpade

38% makes sense. We're deep in the third turning of the Strauss–Howe theory. I'd expect the weak to flee.
Had to look that up. Describes something we’ve observed countless times in history. Just never saw anyone quantify it before.

As far back as the Book of Judges there’s a cycle of devotion to God followed by a generation that doesn’t care - followed by foreign oppression , a deliverer - and it starts over.

When I studied history of religion in North America we covered various “great awakenings” - periods of religious revival followed almost immediately by a generation that couldn’t care less.

In ancient Rome - the social structure vacillated between patriotic fervor and traditional values of home and family - to upheaval and rebellion.

Hijinx

Where the hell do they think they would go.

I was born here, raised here, love it here, and will die here. Fighting if need be.
I am a veteran who never had to fight in a war . There are a lot of us.
Maybe we didn't have to fight , but we would have if called upon.
We are still here and we didn't run before and won't now.

Louise

Where the hell do they think they would go.

I was born here, raised here, love it here, and will die here. Fighting if need be.
I am a veteran who never had to fight in a war . There are a lot of us.
Maybe we didn't have to fight , but we would have if called upon.
We are still here and we didn't run before and won't now.
🇺🇸

PJay

I guess you say
What can make me feel this way
My guy
My guy
Talking bout
My guy
👇

daf58940b74ef77f.jpg

SamSpade

I heard someone - I think it was Maher - ponder why we play the National Anthem at sports games and why does everyone stand there, but sit down at home?

Well I stand up at home. Even if I'm the only one home or the only one awake. That song reminds me, people gave their lives willingly so I could be there, and I mean that sincerely. Someone you don't know gave up their life for their country. Not their kids or wife or family although they're part of it. They walked onto a bridge that needed destroying and BLEW THEMSELVES UP (like that guy in Ukraine). They had zero assurance they would win.

EVERY TIME I hear the National Anthem - I am reminded of that. Someone I don't know put their head in a bullet's path so I could sit and watch TV. I can never forget that.

So I have a DEEP love for this nation. I've traveled a bit and notice in some nations, there's a great patriotic sentiment among the people. Other nations - not so much. They think it hysterical that we fly our flag - that we actually KNOW the words to our national anthem -that we pledge allegiance. Brainwashing, they declare. Well I teach my kids to say please and thank you, partly out of societal structure but also to teach them gratitude. (An aside - I loved my Mom, but in her older age, she only showed being pleased for a gift when it was something she liked or wanted; I went YEARS without anyone remembering my birthday, I was forgotten on special days and my "friends" couldn't care less about me. *I* learned to appreciate gifts because SOMEONE did something when it was so much easier to do nothing).

My observation is that it is common for those on the left to NOT feel patriotic. To NOT feel that deep sense of gratitude. They will laugh at me and call me delusional. Well I love my children, and I have no delusions with them, I see their flaws but love them nonetheless. I am not blind to this nation's flaws, but I've certainly seen enough to know, I'm very very glad to have been born here. I *am* grateful.

And I would fight for this country.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I am not blind to this nation's flaws, but I've certainly seen enough to know, I'm very very glad to have been born here. I *am* grateful.

And I would fight for this country.
And they fail to see their own flaw, in that lack of gratitude and respect.