If I'm not the only Geek

K

Kain99

Hey Thanks Taz.... I'm 14 pages from the end of The CFML Laguage Reference and I cannot wait to put it down...:frown:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I really feel lost now... I don't recognize many of the books and authors listed in this thread. :lol:

I was always partial to reading Mark Twain, London or Hemingway.

If it wasn't that it was Civil War, WWI and WWII history books.

I know... Zzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

K

Katie

The only books I have been reading lately is the New ColdFusion MX book and Learn how to use Flash MX. Other then that I haven't had time to read.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I love books, but I haven't read anything but non-fiction in some time. Fiction for me is like rock music--I'm getting older and I've lost track of who's popular. The only "new" author that comes to mind for me is John Grisham.

Here's a writer few people know about--Harlan Ellison. I first heard of him as the writer of the Star Trek episode where Kirk falls in love with Joan Collins. He's also a consultant on Babylon 5. But he hasn't written hard science fiction for many years. Most of his short stories are similar to magic realism, like Kafka or Borges or Garcia Marquez. The emotional power in his writing is staggering.

B

Betty_Elms

I'm so glad to see other Dean Koontz fans out there! All of his stuff is great....favorites have to be "Watchers" and "Phantoms" though.....

I'm reading "Black House" by King and Straub....anyone else read it? How about Koontzs' new book "By the Light of the Moon"? I just picked that up but haven't started it yet. One book at a time....

Taz

Does anyone read Elmore Leonard? They just released his newest in paperback, "Tishimingo Blues" I think is the title. Anyone know if it's any good?

K

Kain99

Betty do ya mean Winter Moon by Dean Koontz? I'm in the middle of it right now and let me tell ya it's Fantastic!

Instant character connection and one heck of a Suspense! Nice, Supernatural spin which makes it even better. :smile:

I'm still looking for term Limits

mrs potts

Anyone read Kay Hooper? She is a thriller author who writes with a psychic twist.....

Check out the Shadows series!!! Mesmerizing!

:clap:

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by Kain99
Betty do ya mean Winter Moon by Dean Koontz? I'm in the middle of it right now and let me tell ya it's Fantastic!
[/SIZE]

No Kain not "Winter Moon", although I read that one too:blushing:
It's Koontzs' new book...."By the light of the Moon", and it just hit stores December 24th...they have it for $18 (hardcover) at Target!Check it out!
Anyone else a Koontz fan?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Betty_Elms

Anyone else a Koontz fan?
Yes, I've been a long time fan and read them all. I didn't like Fear Nothing so I skipped the sequel.

I also think the books are tons more enjoyable than the movies...except for the movie Intensity which was good.

blueeyes76

I'm reading "Black House" by King and Straub....anyone else read it?

Yes! I am a HUGE King fan. I had to read the Talisman first though, I couldn't get into it the first time I tried to read it. I loved them both!!

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by blueeyes76
Yes! I am a HUGE King fan. I had to read the Talisman first though, I couldn't get into it the first time I tried to read it. I loved them both!!

Almost done with "Black House", and it's great.....picked up "The Talisman" the other day in the store. Reading em out of order, but thats ok I'm whacky :razz2:

Blueeyes...have you read King's "Insomnia"? That was a good one...a little out there, but in a good way!

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by Sharon
Yes, I've been a long time fan and read them all. I didn't like Fear Nothing so I skipped the sequel.

I also think the books are tons more enjoyable than the movies...except for the movie Intensity which was good.

OMG Sharon! You didn't like "Fear Nothing"? I loved that and "Seize the Night"....I hear Koontz is working on a third installment in the Cristopher Snow series! WOOOHOOO!
I agree the movies are a bit....well not good. Remember "Watchers"? Corey Haim as Travis? PUH-LEASE.
"Phantoms" wasn't much good either, but watching Affleck in that was hilarious to me for some reason.

blueeyes76

Blueeyes...have you read King's "Insomnia"? That was a good one...a little out there, but in a good way!

I've pretty much read every novel he's written! I'm not much on his short stories though.

I had a really hard time reading Insomnia when I first picked it up, it made me sleepy, ha ha :biggrin: I didn't try to read it again for probably another year, but I was able to get into it and I really enjoyed it!

Talk about out there...have you read "Gerald's Game"?

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by blueeyes76

Talk about out there...have you read "Gerald's Game"? [/B]

No I haven't......except for a handful I haven't read much of King's work. Mostly Koontz, some Anne Rice. Next to "Black House", I think the last thing I read of King's was "Nightmares and Dreamscapes".
What did you think of "The Girl Who loved Tom Gordon"? I have that at home and have never read it. I think I read a teensy bit and wasn't interested, seemed slow.

K

Kain99

No Kain not "Winter Moon", although I read that one too

Evidently, Koontz has one too many Moon's for me. Unfortunately, I'm a paperback girl. No respect for the Authors at all. The only time I have to read is in the Bathtub so every book I ever get is trashed by the last chapter. :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by Kain99
The only time I have to read is in the Bathtub so every book I ever get is trashed by the last chapter. :frown:

:razz2: Yes, rubadub reading time can be very hazzardous to your books....unfortunately, I learned this the hard way!

K

Kizzy

I LOVE to read books, but since I decided to go back to college 2 1/2 years ago the only books I have read are text books.

Patricia Cornwell's last book I read was the Hornet's Nest. I like Anne Rice, and I read her erotica series. I couldn't put the book down. Her imagination is unbelievable. After the first chapter, I thought how much more erotic could this get. Well, it was beyond anything I have ever read before. :blushing:

I did cram two books into my busy schedule within the past few months one titled "In Bad Company" about the American Terrorist Underground" and the other is by Dobson "Bringing Up Boys." (a bit too much preaching but good). The book was actually a gift.

Slueth, the "Left Behind" series is good. My co-workers wait for the next book to come out and talk about it all the time, so I broke down and read a few.

And Kyle your not too much of a geek, I love to read stories based on historical facts.

We should have book swaps. I just boxed up about 4 boxes of books and donated them to various places. My shelf broke and the hubby has been on me to clean up the shelf for years, so I finally did after they fell all over the floor.

Last edited by a moderator: