If I'm not the only Geek

blueeyes76

Originally posted by Betty_Elms
What did you think of "The Girl Who loved Tom Gordon"? I have that at home and have never read it. I think I read a teensy bit and wasn't interested, seemed slow.

It was ok. As much as I hate to say it, I think King has lost his touch. I have only liked 3 or 4 of the books he's put out in the last 10 years.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Thank ya, honey! I'm a fellow book geek so I'm always looking for new reading material. I'm wading through "Omerta" by Mario Puzo right now (an oldie) and it's not catching my attention. I'll ditch it and get the Baldacci book instead.

Omerta was OK. Not as good as the original Godfather. The Last Don spends too much time talking about Hollywood, with a trace of bitterness. Maybe Puzo was settling old scores after trying his hand at screenwriting (Superman I and II, Earthquake, Cotton Club).

SmallTown

Football season!
Glad to see people here admit to enjoying the "big name" writers like King.. Seemed for awhile there people for some reason hated the notion of reading a "big seller" book.. Never quite understood it.. Always on the best seller list, but noone admits to actually buying it.. I read King when I was younger and got into Koontz a little later.. I still have a book from each author at the house that I still need to read.. One day i'll find some free time!

K

Kain99

Talk about Disappointments

I just finished reading Winter Moon by Koontz. What a trite ending. All of that build up for nothing! Man I hate that!

I'll spare you the details, in case any of you are reading it but wow! Not a Koontz ending at all...:frown:

blueeyes76

'From a Buick 8'

I just finished reading it Sunday. In my opinion (you know what they say about them though), it wasn't very good. At one point I was really interested and didn't want to put it down. It eventually got to the point where I just wanted it to end, then I wasn't satisfied at all with the ending.

There was a time when I would get a little scared reading some of King's stuff, not anymore. He's lost his touch. I'm still a fan, I'll always be a fan (Constant Reader).

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by SmallTown
Glad to see people here admit to enjoying the "big name" writers like King.. Seemed for awhile there people for some reason hated the notion of reading a "big seller" book.. Never quite understood it.. Always on the best seller list, but noone admits to actually buying it.. I read King when I was younger and got into Koontz a little later.. I still have a book from each author at the house that I still need to read.. One day i'll find some free time!

I like Dead Zone, Misery and Different Seasons. But I haven't kept up with his work, and I have no idea what King's newer books are like.

K

Kain99

personally speaking, I think King has notorious ridiculous endings to his books.