If It's Living, and You Shoot It, You Eat It.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Simple gun lesson.

My boys didn't care for blackbird, but they never shot another living critter, including people, unless they were willing to eat it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That just reminded me of something I was watching on ID Channel the other night. A guy got pissed that his rat bit him. So he boiled it alive and ate it. My dinner almost came back up...

nutz

That just reminded me of something I was watching on ID Channel the other night. A guy got pissed that his rat bit him. So he boiled it alive and ate it. My dinner almost came back up...
Tastes like chicken 😋

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Mom made it easy....you dint' bring back enough squirrels or rabbits, and cleaned too, enough to feed the whole fan damily then don't come back outa the woods at all.

Took 6 squirrels to feed our bunch. I never came back with less...although I came back late more than a few times. Rabbits..two or three would be enough. I always liked the way rabbit tastes, better than squirrel, but both are good when cooked right. So is ground hog, for that matter...or racoon..

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Simple gun lesson.

My boys didn't care for blackbird, but they never shot another living critter, including people, unless they were willing to eat it.
This was my grandpas thinking also, we trapped a lot of muskrat so we ate a lot of muskrat.