if Joe Biden does not deliver a State of the Union address does anyone seriously believe he is the functioning president of the United States?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If he does offer a State of the Union address this March, or next February, and he messes up terribly, as many of us suspect will happen, other than temporarily claiming the title, is he actually our president? If one lacks the capability to address the nation, with both houses of Congress, and the Supreme Court Justices in attendance, who exactly is leading our country? His handlers will claim, "COVID concerns." Okay, then present to the camera in the East Room of the White House. "No" to that idea?

How long can the mainstream media continue to cover for him? How long can they avoid the issue altogether? If he does somehow manage to deliver the SOTU, how will the libstream media machine spew their propaganda when everyone, from all sides of the political spectrum, witnesses the undeniable elder abuse?

In other countries, Australia for one, Biden is not getting a free pass. “It’s clear to me at the least that U.S. President Joe Biden is struggling with dementia and is clearly not up to the task he’s been sworn in to do,” said Sky News host Cory Bernardi when asked to give his views of Biden’s performance in the early weeks of his administration.

TPD

the poor dad
Since Ronald Reagan, presidents have delivered an "Address Before a Joint Session of Congress," in the first year of their first term, usually with a focus on administration goals. No president has given a speech in his first year with the official title "State of the Union" since 1964, when Lyndon Johnson was in his first full year as president following the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

The Chinese virus has given Biden a pass this year....

herb749

Any televised speech he makes will be with a teleprompter or an ear piece to be fed what to say. When he goes off the cuff that's when you see his problems.

TPD

the poor dad
Trump used to talk about his teleprompter operators and how they disliked him going off script because of how difficult it made their job. I would much rather be trumps teleprompter person vs bidens.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When he goes off the cuff that's when you see his problems.
What really scrambles his brains is going off the cuff and mentioning numbers. If you look closely, every time joe mentions a number, he flubs it. 150 million killed, 300 doses of the vaccine, 230 million thousands die, 85,000 jobs lost to the virus.

Hijinx

I don't need a State of the Union Address to know that Biden's elevator doesn't go to the top floor.

It would be nice to know who is running the country though as it damned sure isn't Old Joebama.
My guess is it's being run from Georgetown.

Reactions: TPD

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just look around. Open the door and walk outside. Read/listen the (faux) news. Interpret your own experiences in your life thus far. The state of the union, this Nation, is completely f/ucked up. We don't need an illegitimate president, or any mouthpiece, to tell us the state of our Nation. The Bolsheviks are officially in charge and running things now. Just look at the makeup of his cabinet. Look who is the head of the US Treasury. We are f/ucked. We are at war. Act accordingly.

You, class, do know who the Bolsheviks are, correct? If not, here is a question. To whom do all high level politicians, including up to the president, bow to and show their loyalty and fealty, before every election?

Bluecrqbe

You folks have being saying Joe is so addled that he can’t function for over a year. First you said he wouldn’t be able to do the Democratic debates, then you said he wouldn’t debate the other guy, then you said he wouldn’t be at the inauguration. Isn’t it just exhausting?

I get it, you’re foaming at the mouth to get Kamala as president because then you‘ll be able the caricature her. The reality is none of the attacks stick to Biden, American’s love him!

PeoplesElbow

You folks have being saying Joe is so addled that he can’t function for over a year. First you said he wouldn’t be able to do the Democratic debates, then you said he wouldn’t debate the other guy, then you said he wouldn’t be at the inauguration. Isn’t it just exhausting?

I get it, you’re foaming at the mouth to get Kamala as president because then you‘ll be able the caricature her. The reality is none of the attacks stick to Biden, American’s love him!
Joe Biden is probably the least divisive president ever, because everyone views him appatheticaly, he is tepid water.

SamSpade

You folks have being saying Joe is so addled that he can’t function for over a year.

I've had many elderly people in my life exhibiting dementia of differing types, including my recently departed mother and father in law.
Joe shows all of it. The man often spouts gibberish - gets facts and numbers (he almost always gets numbers wrong) confused, cannot function without a teleprompter and his first presser was a disaster. What my family members do, when called on it - Joe also does - gets VERY angry.

America does NOT love this man - at best a huge portion of the voters who voted for him say the same thing - they voted against Trump. They cannot name a single thing about him - what he plans to do other than vague ideas they concoct like "building back better". Obama at least was very clear about what he wanted to do - as was Trump. Both Hillary and Joe - no idea.

The press doesn't love him either - but they are still doing the whole honeymoon stuff where they ask his favorite ice cream or post articles of him playing video games with grandkids. They are not showing America loving this guy - they are actively trying to persuade people to love him, as they tried to get America to HATE Trump. And they succeeded. Like Tom Brady, millions hated Trump but could barely tell you why.

Toxick

Splat
Even with a teleprompter he comes across as addled.

Biden: The Prime Minister of Sweden visited Washington today, and my tiny little nipples went to France.

: everyone looks at teleprompter - it says something about Syria and border cages :

Biden: The White house reception committee greeted the Prime Rib Roast Minister and I do the cha-cha like a sissy girl.

: everyone looks back at Biden :

Biden: I like-a do da cha-cha.

SamSpade

This.

I wasn't expecting him to give one this year.

And I don't expect him to be president by next January.

And while I didn't think he would complete four years - his mental state is going FASTER than I thought. Like I've said - several in my family and two VERY close members - watched as they went downhill. First it was dumb stuff, like playing a card game and going out of turn constantly. Misremembering events and forgetting names of friends. Getting VERY ANGRY when pointed out to them. Getting very tired quickly and needing rest. In just a few years, they were largely impossible to communicate with and I don't wish to elaborate further. It got bad. My last FaceTime with my mom before she passed - she didn't know who she was talking to and could not keep the phone near her face. My sister called six hours later in the middle of the night -she was gone.

Joe is not a well man, mentally, but his physical health seems good. He walks fine, moves about fine, does not seem diminished. But his mind is going fast.

He MIGHT be only a year out before it's too dangerous to keep him in office. Is it ANY surprise that Nancy was talking about the 25th Amendment - and actually said, nope, it has nothing to do with Trump? This was last October. They want to keep the nuclear football from him. They shield him at every turn. The Dems KNOW his mind is going. They have always known.

SamSpade

Biden: The Prime Minister of Sweden visited Washington today, and my tiny little nipples went to France.

: everyone looks at teleprompter - it says something about Syria and border cages :

Biden: The White house reception committee greeted the Prime Rib Roast Minister and I do the cha-cha like a sissy girl.

: everyone looks back at Biden :

Biden: I like-a do da cha-cha.

Points to anyone catching the reference without looking it up.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Joe is not a well man, mentally, but his physical health seems good. He walks fine, moves about fine, does not seem diminished. But his mind is going fast.

My Grandmother was in excellent health for someone in her 90's ... but her mind was mush

SamSpade

My Grandmother was in excellent health for someone in her 90's ... but her mind was mush

Personally - I fear this, for myself - greatly. I can handle diminished HEALTH. It's not as though I haven't experienced something like it before in my life. But having your mind a mess - terrifies me. My brother in law mentioned a moment with his father before he passed - and he could tell his dad's mind was still IN THERE, aware of what was happening, but unable to express as though he were deseprately fighting a fog in his mind, like a bad dream you can't escape. Ever fight anesthesia on the way back from surgery? His dad was like that - he's there, but he was fighitng all the time.

A horrible way to go. I'd rather handle pain and weakness. I wouldn't wish dementia on my worst enemy and I mean that.

Bluecrqbe

My apologies, I keep forgetting you all are experts since you witnessed Reagan’s brain turn to mashed potatoes the last time we had a president this old.