If my last name was Schmidt...

Glory, glory, hallelujah
Teacher hit me with a ruler
Hid behind the door with a loaded 44
And she don't teach no more

We had multiple verses with different... um... kinds of accidents.

I liked most all of my teachers though, so I don't know why I sang those songs. :frown: Maybe I didn't, I just remember other kids singing them?

:eyebrow: Did you grow up in a box in the basement? Seriously never heard that?

Not at all. I recall plenty of songs like that from my youth, but not that one. And so far my informal survey is 1 yes and 1 no.

I never paid much attention in school though, so if it was something teachers would have been teaching I may well have missed it. I was pretty good at pretending I was paying attention even when I was miles away thinking about other stuff. But in dealing with other children, I was mostly there for that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not at all. I recall plenty of songs like that from my youth, but not that one. And so far my informal survey is 1 yes and 1 no.

I never paid much attention in school though, so if it was something teachers would have been teaching I may well have missed it. I was pretty good at pretending I was paying attention even when I was miles away thinking about other stuff. But in dealing with other children, I was mostly there for that.

Teachers wouldn't have taught you these songs in school. You'd have either picked them up from other kids or learned them at camp.

Quick! Name all six Brady kids without googling! Otherwise I'm going to have to have you deported.

It came up more often outside school than in, on campouts, road trips, etc... Most of the people I knew sang it just because they liked yelling the "NA NA NA NA NA NA NAH!!!!!!!" in between verses.

Teachers wouldn't have taught you these songs in school. You'd have either picked them up from other kids or learned them at camp.

Quick! Name all six Brady kids without googling! Otherwise I'm going to have to have you deported.

I'm sure 20 years ago I could have done it easily. I watched that show like everyone else. I still remember thinking how odd the episode were they ended up in a jail seemed, only later figuring out that many of those shows were filmed on on a very small number of sets so it would naturally feel odd when they had a show that was off somewhere else.

Anyway... Marsha, Greg, Bobby, Alison(?), the middle boy and the middle girl?

I might be able to come up with the other 2 or 3 with some time to think about it.

EDIT: Janice?

Stay where you are. The Men in Black will be there shortly.

It's been like 30 years since that show was on TV. Honestly, if I got 4 or 5 right that's pretty good. :smile:

I'll bet you can't name all the Presidents in order? Or speak the rhetorical parts of the DoI (meaning, all but the list of grievances) without a reference?

Ha! You might be the one that needs to be deported. :razz:

Also, do you seriously think I'm not at least an unofficial member of the Men in Black?

Right, but you didn't.

If you mean like the alien in the coffee room, then yes, I believe you are an unofficial MIB.

I got 3 right didn't I?

I think that's pretty good. I can also remember the name of the scoundrel that snatched the ball from Tony Tarasco's grasp and cheated the Orioles out of their glory in 1996. Culturally that's much more important.

PeoplesElbow

I learned it in kindergarten.

In the United States (that's a country here on Earth) 50% on your test is an F(ail).

I'm okay with failing a test focused on remembering names from a TV show I haven't watched in three decades and which wasn't among my favorites to begin with. :lol:

Marsha was the only one whom at the time I might have had a crush on (I don't really recall whether I did), so I'd be okay even if she was the only name I remembered.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Tilted, I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Lizard People have taken over your body.

"John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" is a popular children's song that almost all Americans know, even if you never set one foot in summer camp.

My alien intervention pass question used to be "Name all six Brady children" to prove you're one of us. Perhaps it needs to be, "Sing John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt."

:killingme

I learned the John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt song from a GS leader, who was a friend of our family. She taught it to my sibs and I at home, but I also sang it in GS. :yay: