If one does not like living in the USA...

littlelady

God bless the USA
...then leave. We have The Constitution, and Bill of Rights. Our Founders were not dummies, and fought against tyranny. But, all the current dummies want to change that back to tyranny, and have no idea what they are wishing for. Peace, y’all. God bless the USA. :patriot:

Last edited:

SamSpade

There's also the possibility of staying and trying to change it for the better. A lot of people who don't like a situation - don't like their job, don't like their church, don't like their neighborhood and so on - they gripe because somewhere deep inside they've convinced themselves that COMPLAINING is going to make it better. Or they think it will eventually get better by itself, like the weather.

Everyone complains. I just don't get why anyone would complain if they honestly believe there is a better and achievable solution - like leaving. People will stay in a job if they don't think there's a better choice; people will stay in a bad relationship if they think there's nothing else.

I don't understand then, why if it's not too difficult for someone to leave the country - such as rich celebrities who likely already HAVE a home elsewhere in addition to the one they're in - if they are so repulsed by American society, why they choose to stay.

Unless it's like someone complaining about their children - because deep down inside, they really DON'T want it to change.

transporter

...then leave. We have The Constitution, and Bill of Rights. Our Founders were not dummies, and fought against tyranny. But, all the current dummies want to change that back to tyranny, and have no idea what they are wishing for. Peace, y’all. God bless the USA. :patriot:

Why can't you learn not to post when you get home from the bars???

It would also help if you look up words before you use them.

After you wake up today and your head clears---or you hit the bottle enough to return your body to the alcohol level it now needs to function---please look up the word tyranny. And since you probably can't do that...here:

oppressive power

: a government in which absolute power is vested in a single ruler

Now...if you were to actually understand the words above and actually open your blood shot eyes and actually use you alcohol soaked brain, you would come to a couple of basic realizations:

1. The US is not now and never has been under "tyrannical" rule.

2. Donald Trump, who proclaims he is the chosen one, who refuses to cooperate with Congress, who will not listen to his advisors, who will not abide by the laws of the United States, who rules by proclamation, who entices his followers to take violent action against his political foes, who seeks foreign intervention in our elections....IS the current internal threat to this country.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't understand then, why if it's not too difficult for someone to leave the country - such as rich celebrities who likely already HAVE a home elsewhere in addition to the one they're in - if they are so repulsed by American society, why they choose to stay.

Like all those celebrities who promised to flee to Canada if (insert Republican President here) got elected. Note that not a single one of them has actually done it.

limblips

PREMO Member

Taken literally, your statement is true because in 1776 there was no US. There were colonies, ruled by King George III who was viewed as a tyrant by many colonists when in fact it was the British Parliament that enacted the rules and regulations that were tyrannical. But Old Georgie Boy did nothing to sway them.

Taken realistically, your statement is idiotic. Had the colonies been treated as equals instead of commodities there would have been far fewer supporters of revolution and we might be eating bangers and mash for breakfast and having a bit of steamed pudding with our afternoon tea.

Your idiocy has no bounds.

SamSpade

Taken literally, your statement is true because in 1776 there was no US.

TECHNICALLY it existed the moment we said so - in the first line of the Declaration. We typically celebrate THAT moment as the founding of our nation, not after the war, the Articles of Confederation or the Constitution.

Taken literally, it doesn't make sense at all, since the OP stated that the Founding Fathers fought against tyranny, i.e. England. And they did, unquestionably. And we do not wish to RETURN to tyranny. Qualifying the statement by saying we as a nation were never under tyranny is pointless since it was never posited as the United States. They did fight tyranny; the Declaration says so, four times.

If Tranny wants people to read a dictionary - maybe she should read history.

BOP

After you wake up today and your head clears---or you hit the bottle enough to return your body to the alcohol level it now needs to function---please look up the word tyranny. And since you probably can't do that...here:

Now...if you were to actually understand the words above and actually open your blood shot eyes and actually use you alcohol soaked brain, you would come to a couple of basic realizations:

2. Donald Trump, who proclaims he is the chosen one, who refuses to cooperate with Congress, who will not listen to his advisors, who will not abide by the laws of the United States, who rules by proclamation, who entices his followers to take violent action against his political foes, who seeks foreign intervention in our elections....IS the current internal threat to this country.

I'm still puzzled as to how it is a prize like you is still single.

littlelady

God bless the USA

I have been a night owl all my life. I will sleep when I am dead. Hub, and I never go out to eat, and don’t go to bars, We just used a Christmas Outback gift card that we were given in 2017; and we did carry out. :lol: Anything else you want to say about someone you don’t know, irl? Oh, and, yeah, my head is clear because I haven’t had a lobotomy; like you. And, you were educated in this thread about the definition of tyranny. You go girl, boy, or whoever you are. :huggy: God bless the USA.

Last edited:

WingsOfGold

I have been a night owl all my life. I will sleep when I am dead. Hub, and I never go out to eat, and don’t go to bars, We just used a Christmas Outback gift card that we were given in 2017; and we did carry out. :lol: Anything else you want to say about someone you don’t know, irl? Oh, and, yeah, my head is clear because I haven’t had a lobotomy; like you. And, you were educated in this thread about the definition of tyranny. You go girl, boy, or whoever you are. :huggy: God bless the USA.
Also an insomniac BUT do dinner out with wife at least once a week sometimes more, it's one of our forms of entertainment. It was Mexican last night, hopefully I can talk her into Chinese next. :)
If in doubt there's always old reliable... Texas Roadhouse. State or location is always a standard no matter where you are, great service and tender steak!