If there is ever a movie made about AOC...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
This is the woman that should play her.

Jennifer Lawrence draws criticism over comment about female action heroes

Jennifer Lawrence shared her thoughts on the history of female-led action movies in a new interview, but the “Hunger Games” star is getting some flack for not quite getting it right.

The Oscar winner spoke with fellow actress Viola Davis in an interview for Variety published on Wednesday, in which she mused on the past state of action movies with a female lead.

“I remember when I was doing ‘Hunger Games,’ nobody had ever put a woman in the lead of an action movie because it wouldn’t work – because we were told girls and boys can both identify with a male lead, but boys cannot identify with a female lead,” Lawrence told Davis, who this year starred in her own action-heavy film, “The Woman King.”

People on social media were quick to point out, however, that Lawrence was far from the first female action hero, with many tweets referencing Sigourney Weaver in the “Alien” franchise, Linda Hamilton in the “Terminator” movies and Pam Grier in films like “Foxy Brown” – all of which predate “The Hunger Games” franchise. (The first film, based on the popular YA series of novels, came out in 2012, while the last movie was released in 2015)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's a TV commercial where the blackinx woman says that nobody would hire her in entertainment because there was nobody who looked like her in her field. And she's young, maybe in her late 20s.

There was nobody who looked like a black person or a Hispanic person in the entertainment industry pre-2010+-.

Very similar to history-averse durhards thinking that civil rights is some new thing and that pre-2010 black people couldn't have lunch in a diner or drink from a public water fountain.

And exactly like Jennifer Dipshit claiming that she was the first female action hero....in 2012.

Hey young progs? There was a world before you were born and things happened. We were civilized. Had flushing terlets and electric lights and everything.

:rolleyes:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Everyone knows that Linda Hamilton was a damsel in distress.
lindahamilton-terminator2-ht-jrl-170920_4x5_992.jpg