If you can't get Trump, go after Barr

littlelady

God bless the USA
Senate Dems to AG Barr: Resign or be impeached!

:killingme

“Donald Trump is shredding the rule of law in this country,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) tweeted Wednesday. “Congress must act immediately to rein in our lawless Attorney General. Barr should resign or face impeachment.”

:killingme

Hijinx

It's not unusual for Attorney Generals to decide a bad case was made and do something about it.

Sounds like the Democrats have impeachment fever for anyone on Trumps administration.

I ask this question. Haven't you azzholes had enough of losing?
How about trying to work for the country instead of your party.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I feel fairly certain Trump tweeted AFTER Barr made his determination. Regardless, an impeachment attempt against Barr is certain to go nowhere.

Speaking of impeachment, there are probably a thousand angles to this story, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is Trump playing the Dems. He tweets, causes a Dem uproar, and then they reflexively (like Pavlov's dog) begin to cry "IMPEACH!"

Wouldn't a new impeachment push once again help Trump and hurt Dems in the run-up to November 2020?

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is Trump playing the Dems. He tweets, causes a Dem uproar, and then they reflexively (like Pavlov's dog) begin to cry "IMPEACH!"

Wouldn't a new impeachment push once again help Trump and hurt Dems in the run-up to November 2020?

Trump raised over $ 200 million off of Impeachment

stgislander

PREMO Member
I feel fairly certain Trump tweeted AFTER Barr made his determination. Regardless, an impeachment attempt against Barr is certain to go nowhere.
--- End of line (MCP)
Katie Pavlich basically laid out the timeline last night on The Five after talking to her contacts at DOJ. She said the whole review of Stone's sentencing started the week before. If I have it correct, the prosecutors were told to work with the new AAG to come up with a sentence request less than seven years. DOJ officials thought 7-9 was excessive. The prosecutors, instead of working with the new AAG, went straight to the judge and requested 7-9 years. DOJ then stepped in and took over. Then Trump tweeted.

Juan Williams basically called Katie a liar with the look on his face.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Juan Williams basically called Katie a liar with the look on his face.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Never mind the silly idea that Trump's only method of communicating with Barr is via Twitter;

Trump Tweeted on 2/11. At 1:48am.

Later that day the interim U.S. attorney for DC overrode the sentencing.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/do...ase-Government-s-Supplemental-and-Amended.pdf

Chris, I have to respectfully disagree. I get what you're saying, but if what @stgislander is saying is true (i.e., that Pavlich had reliable info as to the timeline) it effectively undermines your assertion. Granted, it's somewhat of an "if," but Pavlich's "if" seems to hold more water than your "if" at this point.

--- End of line (MCP)

stgislander

PREMO Member
Chris, I have to respectfully disagree. I get what you're saying, but if what @stgislander is saying is true (i.e., that Pavlich had reliable info as to the timeline) it effectively undermines your assertion. Granted, it's somewhat of an "if," but Pavlich's "if" seems to hold more water than your "if" at this point.

--- End of line (MCP)
Plus I'm sure she has nicer legs. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They're pissed at Barr because a lot of them may be going to prison if he continues investigating their corruption.

When you drain the swamp, the swamp monsters aren't going to like it.