If you dont love the Scots, you should......

glhs837

Power with Control
Cliff notes: Please bear in mind there must be some explanation of who the Portman Group is, and why that matters first. It's called a "social responsibility body" Similar to a trade association here in the states, but with the sole purpose of supposedly being the "social conscience" of that same industry.

1. Said Portman Group, issued a statement saying that whatever was on the label of a certain microbrewery beer (think Clown Shoes beer here in the States fora similar attitude, a bit more irreverent than say Flying Dog) was bad because it " "encourages both anti-social behaviour and rapid drinking."

2. The response (please, please follow the link for the whole thing, it's great) was " "On behalf of BrewDog PLC and its 14,691 individual shareholders, I would like to issue a formal apology to the Portman Group for not giving a s*** about today's ruling."

3. And also ""While the Portman Group lives out its days deliberating whether a joke on a bottle of beer is responsible or irresponsible use of humour, at BrewDog we will just get on with brewing awesome beer and treating our customers like adults.

"I'm sure that makes [Portman Group chief executive] Henry Ashworth cry a salty tear into his shatterproof tankard of Directors as he tries to enforce his futile and toothless little marketing code, but we couldn't give a s*** about that, either."

I love these guys. More folks need to stand up to this sort of BS. And support those who do.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Cliff notes: Please bear in mind there must be some explanation of who the Portman Group is, and why that matters first. It's called a "social responsibility body" Similar to a trade association here in the states, but with the sole purpose of supposedly being the "social conscience" of that same industry.

1. Said Portman Group, issued a statement saying that whatever was on the label of a certain microbrewery beer (think Clown Shoes beer here in the States fora similar attitude, a bit more irreverent than say Flying Dog) was bad because it " "encourages both anti-social behaviour and rapid drinking."

2. The response (please, please follow the link for the whole thing, it's great) was " "On behalf of BrewDog PLC and its 14,691 individual shareholders, I would like to issue a formal apology to the Portman Group for not giving a s*** about today's ruling."

3. And also ""While the Portman Group lives out its days deliberating whether a joke on a bottle of beer is responsible or irresponsible use of humour, at BrewDog we will just get on with brewing awesome beer and treating our customers like adults.

"I'm sure that makes [Portman Group chief executive] Henry Ashworth cry a salty tear into his shatterproof tankard of Directors as he tries to enforce his futile and toothless little marketing code, but we couldn't give a s*** about that, either."

I love these guys. More folks need to stand up to this sort of BS. And support those who do.
I would if you'd kindly post it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sadly, no, and I cant justify 15 pounds plus whatever ungodly cost overseas shipping would be for a shirt