If you know a young lady who drives a car with Kansas plates

bilbur

Two years ago I had a guy hit me from behind as I went through the light on route 5 in front of LMS and the fairgrounds. Seems that he didn't thnk I needed to slow down to the posted speed limit (45). There are ditches on either side of the road at that particular spot so I continued forward in a effort to pull over. He "bumped" me again and was screaming profanities and gesturing angrily as well. My son in law wanted and get out to beat the crap out of this guy but since we had my 9 year old son and 2 year old grandson along, I figured it would be better to call the cops than try to deal with this obviously out of control guy on the side of the road. We called 911 and gave the dispatcher the license number and a description. The dispatcher told us not to stop if the individual was still acting in the manner he was and that she was sending units to us asap. I think he (the aggressive driver) figured out we were talking to the cops because he soon dropped way back and turned down a side street. The dispatcher told us to wait on the side of the road for the deputies. As one deputy arrived the other continued to the residence of the vehicles owner. He was arrested for second degree assault, DUI and possession of drug paraphernalia. My truck wasn't damaged at all as he only hit the trailer hitch. His truck ended up with a hole in the front bumper. In court he ended up with a pretty hefty fine and 5 weekends of jail time.

Isn't the speed limit 50 through that area? I know it is 50 on 245 and on St. Andrews and I thought it was on that part of Rt. 5 too.

bilbur

Drops to 45 in front of the schools.

Oh, Usually if I am going south on 5 past the schools I am coming off of Fairgrounds Rd and all I can remember is the 50 mph sign about 500 yards past the light in front of the high school.

nutz

No, I want, in a perfect world, someone to teach her how to drive better. I don't care about the inconvenience so much as the danger. Every mile driven like that upped the odds that there was going to be stupidity that hurt someone, two people made very dangerous passes to get past the blockage. I don't give a damn if she is military or not, I cut no slack for crappy drivers who endanger others, no matter what they do for a living.

OFFS, just get over yourself.

ginwoman

It's also safe to not "tailgate" when stopped in traffic. Leave room. Good thing I did last month when some dunderhead was paying no attention and slammed into the back of me. Since there was extra room, I didn't get plowed into the back of the Mustang stopped in front of me.

this makes so much sense. I preach this kind of stuff to my hubby all the time. I stay back a car length or so from the car in front of me at stop lights.