If you live in calvert.

Sparks

Not trying to start a rumor but I heard a pony in the Barstow area had to be euthanized because he was rabid. Poor thing.

Anyone heard this?

Last edited:

poster

Not trying to start a rumor but I heard a pony in the Barstow area had to be euthanized because he was rabid. Poor thing.

Anyone heard this?

I know for a fact that there was a equine (not sure if pony or horse) that attacked it's owner's. The equine was put down (for testing) and was positive. Both husband and wife had to be treated.

I believe the equine was not up to date on it's shots but I don't know that to be a fact. I don't know how it was contracted.

Robin

I know for a fact that there was a equine (not sure if pony or horse) that attacked it's owner's. The equine was put down (for testing) and was positive. Both husband and wife had to be treated.

I believe the equine was not up to date on it's shots but I don't know that to be a fact. I don't know how it was contracted.

from the saliva of a positive animal

fredsaid2

"The first involved a barn cat; the second involved a valuable horse."

I wonder if they were from the same location??

Possibly. You'd think they’d disseminate this kind of info quickly. "In the last 6 mons" makes it sound like it could have happened at the end of winter.

Robin

There was an incident in St.Marys 3-4 months ago. The horses just came off of Quarantine. The fox was an carrier. The attack had 1 cat euthanized and the horses were quarantined. My friend had to go to the hospital for treatment and was on a series of shots. The fox was killed, an taken for positive testing. All the animals were up to date on shots and rabies vacines.
The cat was euthanized because of injuries sustained during the attack.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Possibly. You'd think they’d disseminate this kind of info quickly. "In the last 6 mons" makes it sound like it could have happened at the end of winter.

There's always blurbs about rabies cases in the Washington Post Metro section.

Eventer29

I think the cat incident was a couple months ago. The horse was more recent. I heard from a friend. It belonged to the daughter of a relative of a friend of mine (lol yeah pretty reliable right) the father of the owner apparently didnt know if the horse was vaccinated or not. Not so sure of the horse being "valuable" or not. I know most of us consider our 4 legged friends very valuable, but fromwhat i gather it may have been more of a back yard pet. Again..just what i got...have ya ever played the telephone game lmao..who knows.

C

CoyoteIndigo

I did not hear of these incidents in particular, however, I have heard of numerous rabid fox attacks in the Calvert and St Mary's areas. The news recently did an article on the sudden prevelence of rabid fox.