Ilhan Omar Opens Her Mouth And Spews Nonsense

stgislander

PREMO Member
Omar paid thousands by restaurant accused of stealing money intended to feed starving children

Rep. Ilhan Omar has partied at and received donations from a business accused by the FBI of stealing millions of COVID relief dollars from children.

Feeding Our Future received $197.9 million in 2021 to provide food to starving Minnesota children impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the FBI recently raided the nonprofit’s headquarters and suggested that little or none of this money was actually spent feeding kids.

Instead, the agency believes the nonprofit conspired with local businesses to falsify records and funnel the money into private accounts. The Pioneer Press has observed that the businesses involved in this scandal tend to be led by “members of the East African diaspora.”

One of these establishments is Safari Restaurant, a Somali eatery located in Minneapolis’s Powderhorn Park neighborhood. Safari has been a focal point of Rep. Ilhan Omar’s engagement with her constituents for years. She’s appeared there numerous times and even hosted her 2018 victory party at the restaurant, the owners of which are now accused of stealing millions.
If only they could link some of it directly to her.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It appears so. Omar is already supposed to be under investigation for blatant campaign finance fraud, and that's going nowhere.

The corruption in our government is astounding.
Of course it goes nowhere. It's disgusting.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Omar paid thousands by restaurant accused of stealing money intended to feed starving children

Rep. Ilhan Omar has partied at and received donations from a business accused by the FBI of stealing millions of COVID relief dollars from children.

Feeding Our Future received $197.9 million in 2021 to provide food to starving Minnesota children impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the FBI recently raided the nonprofit’s headquarters and suggested that little or none of this money was actually spent feeding kids.

Instead, the agency believes the nonprofit conspired with local businesses to falsify records and funnel the money into private accounts. The Pioneer Press has observed that the businesses involved in this scandal tend to be led by “members of the East African diaspora.”

One of these establishments is Safari Restaurant, a Somali eatery located in Minneapolis’s Powderhorn Park neighborhood. Safari has been a focal point of Rep. Ilhan Omar’s engagement with her constituents for years. She’s appeared there numerous times and even hosted her 2018 victory party at the restaurant, the owners of which are now accused of stealing millions.
If the owners are convicted of stealing this money, deport them once their prison sentences are completed. $200 Million buys a lot of groceries. What were they feeding them? Surf & turf?

Hijinx

She probably has a few of those bucks in her pocket too.
Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's nothing Hillary Clinton wouldn't do.
I mean taking funds for Haiti and putting them in your Foundation.

Reactions: BOP

BOP

Is it time to play another rousing round of "Guess the Demographic" of the restaurant owners?

Or is this another case of "it would be in your best interest" to cooperate with the Omar campaign?

glhs837

Power with Control
Is it time to play another rousing round of "Guess the Demographic" of the restaurant owners?

Or is this another case of "it would be in your best interest" to cooperate with the Omar campaign?

The whole crew is East Africans. You know, the area the UNs been mired in for decades because forming a govt that actually works is too damn hard.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Ilhan Omar scolds journalists for promoting harassment of Canadian Freedom Convoy donors: 'Unconscionable'

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., slammed journalists whose reporting on the data breach of donors to the Canadian Freedom Convoy is leading to the harassment of private citizens.

[clip]

"So, Here's The GiveSendGo Donor List.." Canadian radio personality Dean Bundell tweeted with an article that includes a Google spreadsheet of all the names and email addresses swept up in the breach.

Both the CBC and Ottawa Citizen shared articles including information that stemmed from the breach.

Washington Post investigative reporter Aaron Davis wrote a lengthy thread singling out the biggest donor and a map showing where the donations came from in the U.S.

One Washington Post reporter was caught emailing one of the donors for a report and asking what "motivated" them to contribute to the campaign.

[clip]

One of the viral tweets from the GiveSendGo hack came from Ottawa Citizen editor Alison Mah, who shared an article authored by reporter Blair Crawford about a café owner who was forced to shut down her business after receiving threats after her name appeared on the donor list.

Mah wrote how the owner "regrets making her $250 donation to the truck convoy."

Hey Omar ...... this right here, to shut down support and decision

:faint:

Omar FINALLY makes some sense ... I'm shocked she came out against the doxing, as the media has been desperately trying to make the Freedom Convoy a right wing extremist Movement

• Wow

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ilhan Omar mocked for voicing outrage over Easter worship on plane: 'Why do you hate Christians?'

Omar attacked the worship service on Holy Saturday, less than an hour before most Christians celebrate Easter

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., expressed outrage over a video of Christians singing on a plane, leading many Republicans to attack her for what they suggested was anti-Christian bigotry.

Omar shared a video Saturday evening in which a worship leader with a guitar sings Christian worship music on an airplane.

"I think my family and I should have a prayer session next time I am on a plane," Omar, who is Muslim, wrote with the video. "How do you think it will end?"

Many Republican candidates responded, suggesting that Omar had expressed hatred or bigotry against Christians.

"Why do you hate Christians, Ilhan?" Vernon Jones, a Black pro-Trump former Democrat who is running to represent Georgia in the U.S. House of Representatives, asked. "If the freedom of religion we enjoy here in America disturbs you, feel free to pack your bags and head back to Somalia, Sudan, or wherever you’re from. Take your brother with you."

BOP

Ilhan Omar mocked for voicing outrage over Easter worship on plane: 'Why do you hate Christians?'

Omar attacked the worship service on Holy Saturday, less than an hour before most Christians celebrate Easter

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., expressed outrage over a video of Christians singing on a plane, leading many Republicans to attack her for what they suggested was anti-Christian bigotry.

Omar shared a video Saturday evening in which a worship leader with a guitar sings Christian worship music on an airplane.

"I think my family and I should have a prayer session next time I am on a plane," Omar, who is Muslim, wrote with the video. "How do you think it will end?"

Many Republican candidates responded, suggesting that Omar had expressed hatred or bigotry against Christians.

"Why do you hate Christians, Ilhan?" Vernon Jones, a Black pro-Trump former Democrat who is running to represent Georgia in the U.S. House of Representatives, asked. "If the freedom of religion we enjoy here in America disturbs you, feel free to pack your bags and head back to Somalia, Sudan, or wherever you’re from. Take your brother with you."

I literally snort-laughed.

jrt_ms1995

I've been on planes where exactly that happened; didn't seem to bother anyone at all.

black dog

Free America
The whole crew is East Africans. You know, the area the UNs been mired in for decades because forming a govt that actually works is too damn hard.

If the UN would have stayed on the sidelines decades ago lots of todays problems would have been eliminated then.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Omar's resolution was cosponsored by fellow progressive Democratic Reps. Jamaal Bowman (D-N.Y.), Cori Bush (D-Mo.), Andre Carson (D-Ind.), Chuy Garcia (D-Ill.), Sara Jacobs (D-Calif.), Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.), and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.).

Omar also introduced a bill to repeal a 2002 law that limits U.S. support for ICC investigations and a bill to codify into law the State Department's Office of Global Criminal Justice, which would help prevent and respond to the same crimes the ICC seeks to prosecute.

The measures received support from the same lawmakers and came after a group of bipartisan senators introduced a resolution last month that "encourages member states to petition the ICC and the ICJ [International Court of Justice] to authorize any and all pending investigations into war crimes and crimes against humanity" committed by Russia in Ukraine.

Omar similarly framed her measures as necessary to prosecute Russian President Vladimir Putin and others responsible for Russia's alleged war crimes in Ukraine over the past two months.