Ilhan Omar tweet called anti-Semitic ‘dog whistle’

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Early Saturday afternoon, Omar reacted to a news report that said businessman Leon Cooperman had decided to back billionaire Michael Bloomberg for president. Both men are billionaires and Jewish.

“I wonder why?” came Omar’s response, which included a “thinking” emoji.

Soon, critics were reacting to Omar’s message.

“I suppose you think it’s all about the Benjamins,” wrote Michael Dickson, executive director of Stand with Us, a group that fights anti-Semitism. “We get your insinuation. True to form.”

Hijinx

One of the things I saw about Bloomberg is a New Yorkers feelings about him.
The New Yorker stated that Bloomberg ruled New York as though he were King..

America doesn't need Kings, We stated that fervently 250 years ago.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I can't see this as a dog whistle because so many answers fit here. Could be religion, also could be money, anti gun platform, shared New York background, age, social standings, both signatories to the giving pledge.....

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I can't see this as a dog whistle because so many answers fit here. Could be religion, also could be money, anti gun platform, shared New York background, age, social standings, both signatories to the giving pledge.....
That was exactly what Omar was going for; enough ambiguity to claim that reactions against her tweet were illegitimate outrage.

I have two issues with her tweet (and those defending her tweet).

First, if one is going to criticize others for unhelpful incendiary rhetoric, then one should not engage in same.

Second, Omar (oops, Nur Said - her true name) was set to appear at a CAIR event later that day. Given that CAIR (a front for the Muslim Brotherhood) is vehemently anti-Semitic, the timing of her tweet is just too cute.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

BOP

Fortunately for Bernie, who she endorsed for President, he's only a Jewish millionaire, and not a billionaire.