I'll bet you Bolton doesn't even want to testify

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He can say whatever he wants in some book and it's unlikely anyone will sue his ass for defamation. But when he gets on the stand to give testimony, he's going to be nervous about telling stories.

So I had no dog in this fight before, but now I say do it - put him on the stand and make him testify. It would be interesting how his story would suddenly change, and then there goes his book sales. It's pretty clear that all these accusations are bullshit. If they weren't he'd have been testifying before the House. So would the rest of these all of a sudden witnesses. The Dems could have used something to make them look less retarded.

This is a ploy to sensationalize and rouse the rabble. The Republicans should call their bluff.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
He can say whatever he wants in some book and it's unlikely anyone will sue his ass for defamation. But when he gets on the stand to give testimony, he's going to be nervous about telling stories.

So I had no dog in this fight before, but now I say do it - put him on the stand and make him testify. It would be interesting how his story would suddenly change, and then there goes his book sales. It's pretty clear that all these accusations are bullshit. If they weren't he'd have been testifying before the House. So would the rest of these all of a sudden witnesses. The Dems could have used something to make them look less retarded.

This is a ploy to sensationalize and rouse the rabble. The Republicans should call their bluff.
Agree....lets get them all out there, including the Bidens

Hijinx

If they go to witness's and I see no reason to, but if they do they need to be sworn and told they are under penalty of perjury.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Yup. You could very well have hit the nail on the head: Bolton getting his cake (push up book sales) and eating it, too (not testifying).

I think the same goes for the Dems: getting their cake (crying wolf hoping it will hurt Trump) and eating it, too (getting the Repubs to vote against witnesses).

This is a far easier gambit for Bolton to play than for the Dems, though (at least as far as I understand it) given what the downsides are for the Dems (i.e., calling Bolton would almost certainly result in calling Bidens x 2, Chalupa, Schiff, etc. which could undercut not only the impeachment coup attempt but also torpedo Biden's quest for glory in getting the Dem nom while also catapulting Sanders to the nom). So not sure what the Dems' play is.

Unless the play is really about gaining the Senate in 2020 (i.e., the Dems might not keep the House and they realize they can't beat Trump, but gaining a Senate majority prevents Trump from any more nominations to SCOTUS and other Fed courts for at least two years).

So, yeah, let's call witnesses, keep Dem candidates stuck in the Senate, and help reelect Trump, Maybe the Repubs grow a spine and start fighting hard so that people start contributing to the various Repub (non-Trump) war chests. Hard to believe the GOP hasn't seen the correlation between Trump's fighting and his war chest and the GOP not fighting and their lousy cash reserves.

And, of course, let's see what stuff Bolton is made of (because this could also be a monster head fake).

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

If they go to witness's and I see no reason to, but if they do they need to be sworn and told they are under penalty of perjury.

That's typical.

In fact, testifying to the Senate is the safest place to tell his (Bolton) story as he doesn't risk being charged with telling national secrets or anything as he would if he went on Hannity's show like Hannity is asking for.

herb749

Yup. You could very well have hit the nail on the head: Bolton getting his cake (push up book sales) and eating it, too (not testifying).

I think the same goes for the Dems: getting their cake (crying wolf hoping it will hurt Trump) and eating it, too (getting the Repubs to vote against witnesses).

This is a far easier gambit for Bolton to play than for the Dems, though (at least as far as I understand it) given what the downsides are for the Dems (i.e., calling Bolton would almost certainly result in calling Bidens x 2, Chalupa, Schiff, etc. which could undercut not only the impeachment coup attempt but also torpedo Biden's quest for glory in getting the Dem nom while also catapulting Sanders to the nom). So not sure what the Dems' play is.

Unless the play is really about gaining the Senate in 2020 (i.e., the Dems might not keep the House and they realize they can't beat Trump, but gaining a Senate majority prevents Trump from any more nominations to SCOTUS and other Fed courts for at least two years).

So, yeah, let's call witnesses, keep Dem candidates stuck in the Senate, and help reelect Trump, Maybe the Repubs grow a spine and start fighting hard so that people start contributing to the various Repub (non-Trump) war chests. Hard to believe the GOP hasn't seen the correlation between Trump's fighting and his war chest and the GOP not fighting and their lousy cash reserves.

And, of course, let's see what stuff Bolton is made of (because this could also be a monster head fake).

--- End of line (MCP)

I like that, monster head fake.

Are the Dems really that crazy to even trust this guy they have hated for so long.?

SamSpade

Exactly - he gets to boost sales of a book before it's even released by having some proxy leak some salacious stuff that either cannot be released or that does not exist - and no one can check it. The Dems get to scream in the news about something that may not exist (evidence of Trump strong-arming Ukraine) and get press coverage and get to cry foul when it doesn't come out.

That's a lot of power for something that never existed in the first place.

BOP

They're gonna have to cast a wide net to find something like that. There's a reason (probably more than one) that Obama hasn't been seen anywhere near that sh*tshow they call the Democratic Party.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Hope so. I saw clips last night where Jay Sekulow ws saying that the Democrats were coming up with "accusations du jour" to stall the proceedings. The senators going on the shows last night were predicting the vote on Friday would end this entire farce. Only can only hope.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The senators going on the shows last night were predicting the vote on Friday would end this entire farce. Only can only hope.

Nah, I'ma need them to keep going until November. People have short memories and if it's over with this week it gives voters 10 months to forget that their Congresstards pushed this ridiculous waste of time and money, not to mention drummed up charges like some third world shithole to overthrow our government and remove the President we voted for.

Let's see some witnesses, more blathering, maybe the House members could all take another turn at the mic.

Hijinx

Nah, I'ma need them to keep going until November. People have short memories and if it's over with this week it gives voters 10 months to forget that their Congresstards pushed this ridiculous waste of time and money, not to mention drummed up charges like some third world shithole to overthrow our government and remove the President we voted for.

Let's see some witnesses, more blathering, maybe the House members could all take another turn at the mic.

I don't believe that anyone will forget this before November if the Senate just votes to stop it without witness's.
The Democrats are not goinjg to let them forget it. They will be spouting that they impeached him all this year, then they will accuse the senate of not listening to evidence, and they will be spouting this for the whole year.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't believe that anyone will forget this before November if the Senate just votes to stop it without witness's.

Don't bet on it. People who are "undecided" are that way for a reason: because they don't pay attention to this stuff, they don't watch the news, and they probably can't even name their Senator or Representative.

It's imperative that We the People take away that Dem House majority, and that's not going to happen if we allow the "undecideds" to get back in their comfy pants.

GregV814

undecided is the key word. Its nothing more than "Im afraid to say anything because I might make you mad".