I'm a very angry bitter man.

BlueBird

I guess I just need to vent a little. Why am I so angry and bitter? You name it! Politics, work, relationships, friendships and most of all I'm tired of being let down by people I put my faith and trust in. I used to go to church but I'm angry about religion too.

Thanks for listening.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I guess I just need to vent a little. Why am I so angry and bitter? You name it! Politics, work, relationships, friendships and most of all I'm tired of being let down by people I put my faith and trust in. I used to go to church but I'm angry about religion too.

Thanks for listening.

Bluebird! OMG! Where have you been? You just made me laugh out loud. Thank you. Your humor and sarcasm has sorely been missed. You are such a hoot! Love you! You have been gone for so long, you probably didn't know I changed my forum name. I was mamatutu. Long story that I won't bore you with. I am glad you are still around. :huggy:

BlueBird

Technically speaking if you have to ask where I've been then I haven't been around. I've been omnipresent.

I'm still a very angry and bitter man and your post offered no relief. Thank you though for being the only member here who missed me. In addition to being bitter and angry I'm also hated by most. I try and compensate by being funny but fail miserably. I need to learn to let things go but I can't.

This_person

Thanks for listening.
I offer you some calming words to help:
Max Ehrman said:
Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.​
Mary Stevenson said:
Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord, "You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."​

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Thanks for listening.

My advice is:

Get over it.

It's not going to change and there's no sense in making yourself miserable over something you cannot control. :huggy:

Now knock it off and get back to your cheerful silly BlueBird self.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Thanks for listening.

:huggy:

frequentflier

happy to be living

Thanks for listening.

Please get help. We don't want to read about you going postal on innocent people at a movie theatre or mall.

Thanks for listening.
You'll be alright once you realize the answer to happiness and contentment doesn't come from politicians, co-workers, significant others, friends or religion. It comes from within. If you never come to terms with yourself none of the other stuff will 'fix' you.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why the assumption he doesn't want to be bitter and angry? I've known, know, all kinds of people who embrace being bitter and angry. They like it. They couldn't get out of bed in the morning were it not for that motivation.

He's not wishing it on anyone else.

Enjoy your anger, dude. :buddies:

Why the assumption he doesn't want to be bitter and angry? I've known, know, all kinds of people who embrace being bitter and angry. They like it. They couldn't get out of bed in the morning were it not for that motivation.

Well, if that's the case then here are some comforting words...

"GET OFF MY LAWN!" :tantrum:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Technically speaking if you have to ask where I've been then I haven't been around. I've been omnipresent.

I'm still a very angry and bitter man and your post offered no relief. Thank you though for being the only member here who missed me. In addition to being bitter and angry I'm also hated by most. I try and compensate by being funny but fail miserably. I need to learn to let things go but I can't.

Sorry, friend. I thought you were being sarcastic, and were commenting, in general, on the state of the world; and that there is so much crap going on in all those categories you mentioned. I really can't offer any advice, except to try to let your anger and bitterness go. I do know that being angry and bitter causes the most damage to the person who is carrying it around. I wish you the best.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
You'll be alright once you realize the answer to happiness and contentment doesn't come from politicians, co-workers, significant others, friends or religion. It comes from within. If you never come to terms with yourself none of the other stuff will 'fix' you.

Bingo!

Roman

Thanks for listening.
There are pills for that BB. If it's eating you up, go see your Doctor.

JeJeTe

Happiness

So you've met my ex boyfriend? :ohwell:

BlueBird

My advice is:

Get over it.

It's not going to change and there's no sense in making yourself miserable over something you cannot control. :huggy:

Now knock it off and get back to your cheerful silly BlueBird self.

There in lies the problem for me. I cling to things that upset me and have a very difficult time just letting those things go. I wish there were a simnple way to just shrugg things off, but for me there isn't and there never will be. I thought today I would feel better about things but I don't

BlueBird

There are pills for that BB. If it's eating you up, go see your Doctor.

I've been down that road before and I'm never going back! Pills aren't the answer.

Believe it or not I find this forum therapeutic. No one here knows me personally so I get anonymous feedback without being judged by my appearance or by wahtever impression I would make if I were standing in front of you.. You guys read the issue and respond based on your own core values and I find that extremely helpful. On that note Thank you everyone, I do appreciate it!