I'm confused

Lavendar

Its been fixed

:shrug: Found this in my Karma but I never responded to this post. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks for the gray on the gang rape post.....

I

Last edited:

Lavendar

kwillia said:
Your monitor probably needs a red toner refill... how long have you had your monitor...:confused:
I've had it for about 5 years or so. The red stopped working after we switched from Compaq to Gateway for the computer. Everything prints out the right colors though. Its strange

Tina2001aniT

Lavendar said:
I've had it for about 5 years or so. The red stopped working after we switched from Compaq to Gateway for the computer. Everything prints out the right colors though. Its strange
Your printer ink and moniter toner are two totally different things. I suggest calling Best Buy to see if they carrier the toner for your monitor, they should be able to fix you right up :yay:

Lavendar said:
Aaaaa.... I'm pretty sure that's the problem... the monitor's red toner from the original Compaq setup is not compatible with the new Gateway. I highly recommend you PM MainMan and ask him about the monitor toner and how hard it would be to swap out for compatibility... it's really weird but it only ever seems to be a problem with red. Mainman is local... he might even drop by and swap it out for you. :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
wasnt there an issue with the gateway using almost twice the monitor toner that other brands did so that the colors would be more vibrant?

I thought I had read about that somewhere, maybe Monitor Weekly?

PrepH4U

If adding new toner doesn't help, then it may be as simple as realigning & calibrating the toner drum. Yep best bet would be to contact MainMan.

morganj614

PrepH4U said:
If adding new toner doesn't help, then it may be as simple as realigning & calibrating the toner drum. Yep best bet would be to contact MainMan.
I thought you shook the moitor to loosen the leftover ink? :confused:

I'm going where all my friends are

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
morganj614 said:
I thought you shook the moitor to loosen the leftover ink? :confused:

I'm going where all my friends are
You can do that, but you have to be careful. I ruined a perfectly good pair of pants last week when I accidentally left the monitor open and shook the crap out of it. :ohwell:

Nanny Pam

Nickel said:
You can do that, but you have to be careful. I ruined a perfectly good pair of pants last week when I accidentally left the monitor open and shook the crap out of it. :ohwell:
I did the same thing, and that toner just DOES NOT come out of those pants.