I'm Dyin' Here...

I was looking for something else and came across this video. I so want to try all of these.
Doctor is gonna shoot me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't like too much stuff going on with my food. When he cut into that meatloaf and the cheese started goobering out I got slightly nauseated.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
You WILL be dying if you ate that stuff. :lol: The one with the cauliflower sticking out of it is just bizarre looking. I do like the last one and have made something similar. :yay:

Here's the YouTube site. Just watched a vid of different was to make lasagna. This site is downright dangerous.

I don't like too much stuff going on with my food. When he cut into that meatloaf and the cheese started goobering out I got slightly nauseated.
Yeah, some of it was a bit much, but I'd tone it down a bit. More for ideas than anything else. Just a real different way to look at some traditional dishes. There was another vid with some really good breakfast egg recipes.

The chicken roasted in a watermelon sounded interesting, so it's in the oven now. They called for a 2.2 pound (odd size, ain't it?) chicken, so I used a Cornish game hen at 2.5 pounds. A larger roaster hen wouldn't fit in a round melon, have to use a full size melon.

Easy recipe, but time consuming to remove seeds from the melon to be used in the sauce. Seedless melons, ain't.

It was a bust.

I baked it per direction 390*/2 hours. Sorely undercooked. Needed at least 45 minutes more. Finished the bird in the microwave.
The watermelon/drippings sauce was not to my liking. Needed sweetening or something, maybe vinegar. Cooked it down on the stove and used corn starch to thicken it, not per the instructions.
The chicken was incredibly moist and tender. Tasted very good at first, but I lost interest quickly. With only soy sauce and 5 spice for flavor, it was too monotone. Needed salt, but I'm on a low salt diet, so it was tolerable.

Best part of the dinner was my homemade sparkling lemonade. If I make this again, it will be just to cook the bird in the melon and forget the sauce, and modify the seasonings.

I'ma gonna try the beef filo rollup next time.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thought of you when I saw this one - Circus Peanut Jello Salad.

Remember Circus Peanuts - it's that light orange hardish marshmallow candy shaped like a peanut? I didn't bother reading the instructions but the recipe also calls for orange jello, pineapple, and cool whip.

Sounds barfilicious doesn't it?
That’s nasty.

I made the beef roast in filo this evening. It didn't assemble quite as nicely as the video version, but I managed and got it in the oven. The end result looked pretty nice, but I could have used more filo layers. And as soon as I sliced it, the filo turned to mush from the beef juices, so the presentation looked pretty poor. But it had a real nice flavor, tarragon is not something I would normally use on beef, but it was good. The bacon was just a mess.

Still looking for a photo program, so don't have any pics to upload to show.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I made the beef roast in filo this evening. It didn't assemble quite as nicely as the video version, but I managed and got it in the oven. The end result looked pretty nice, but I could have used more filo layers. And as soon as I sliced it, the filo turned to mush from the beef juices, so the presentation looked pretty poor. But it had a real nice flavor, tarragon is not something I would normally use on beef, but it was good. The bacon was just a mess.

Still looking for a photo program, so don't have any pics to upload to show.

Christy made a Beef Wellington one time that was AMAZING and she said it was really easy. She should share that recipe. @Christy

Well, the beef wasn't a total disaster. Just sliced it, crisped up the bacon and put it on a ciabatta with mayo and tomato. Real good sammich.