I'm not buying this

PeoplesElbow

Beer actually has a fair amount of chemicals in it that you can not metabolize, you really want to test out that theory try some Pear Brandy, that will really give you a hangover.

Vodka, Gin, Grain Alcohol, and even Bourbon are actually fairly low in these chemicals and given the same amount of total alcohol consumed you will have less of a hangover than you would with beer.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Never got a hangover from German beer, (while in Germany). Here, in the States, beer sucks, it's a good whiskey that never makes a hangover.

nutz

Beer actually has a fair amount of chemicals in it that you can not metabolize, you really want to test out that theory try some Pear Brandy, that will really give you a hangover.

Vodka, Gin, Grain Alcohol, and even Bourbon are actually fairly low in these chemicals and given the same amount of total alcohol consumed you will have less of a hangover than you would with beer.
Oh hell no. If I drink 12 ales or kolsch style beers , ok. 12 stouts, hangover. 12 shots of bourbon, I am a wreck for a couple of days after. Grain alcohol, still looking for my clothes from the last time.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Oh hell no. If I drink 12 ales or kolsch style beers , ok. 12 stouts, hangover. 12 shots of bourbon, I am a wreck for a couple of days after. Grain alcohol, still looking for my clothes from the last time.
Damn, that sounds like one of Gilligan's famous Labor Day (weekend) pig roasts.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My go to is Crown Royal, which I can drink all night with very little downside. NO IPA! Just smelling that crap gives me a headache but stouts, kolsch and hefeweizens are no problem although they tend to fill me up quicker.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had a Grissome the other day. It was like a kolsch, only crisp and dry. Very refreshing (right up until the indigestion kicked in).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I need to pickup a good marzen on my way home to go with the brats i'm grilling tonight.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Speaking of...the next Oysters and Beer event at Tall Timbers is November 8th. One of the brewers had a nice kolsch a couple years back but have not had it in the last few events....hope it returns for this one.

luvmygdaughters

Last time I had a glass of wine I paid for it for days with stomach upset and raging heartburn.

Yet I can chug hot salsa with no problem. Go figure.
Wow! I do take a nexium everyday for heartburn. Have suffered with it since my last pregnancy, which was 42 years ago!!! Just about anything gives me heartburn. I do find that white wine bothers me a little more than the red and the I cannot drink the sweet stuff. The dryer the better.

nutz

Damn, that sounds like one of Gilligan's famous Labor Day (weekend) pig roasts.
Or a stepvan, a mysterious mailbox and 11 friends sharing a room at the Bel Alton motel on 301:buddies: I was told I had a great time and the jackass with the negatives reminds me every so often :blushing: