I'm not sure I can last until Tuesday

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I have a toothache so bad I am about to grab a pair of pliers and yank out my tooth, only I am not positive on which one is actually the one causing the pain. I'd hate to discover that the tooth I did pull out wasnt the problem one, and I'd have to pull out other teeth to get to the root of the problem. My luck I'd end up with no teeth in my mouth.

I have a dentist appointment on Tuesday.

Ouch! :bawl:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Go to the ER if it's too bad. At the very least you can get something for the pain until Tuesday. :yay:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
My husband did that once and they gave him Motrin.

Oi! I suck at getting sympathy in the ER. The last time I was there I didn't get help until I went into shock. Then the Doctor told my wife it was because I was weak. I'd of "Screeched" him if I wasn't talking to Elvis and Grandma at the time. :ohwell:

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have a toothache so bad I am about to grab a pair of pliers and yank out my tooth, only I am not positive on which one is actually the one causing the pain. I'd hate to discover that the tooth I did pull out wasnt the problem one, and I'd have to pull out other teeth to get to the root of the problem. My luck I'd end up with no teeth in my mouth.

No teeth in your head? Southern MD HOTNESS... woot! :hot:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Anbesol, clove oil, and Motrin. Tooth pain is a different kind of intolerable pain, so I hope Tuesday comes quickly for you. :huggy:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R

Does your DDS not have an emergency #? If so, call and tell him/her your in pain and can you please have some meds until your Tuesday appt. Is your appointment for this toothache? If not, call Monday as soon as they open and see if they have any emergency time available.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wish I'd known this afternoon, I'd have hooked you up with my magic mouthwash. Lidocaine, Milk of Magnesia, and Benadryl. Mix, swish, spit, and pain is gone for several hours. I had a severe allergic reaction to V-cillin that caused me a considerable amount of mouth pain and this is what kept me sane.

Want me to bring you some tomorrow?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Actually, my dentist lives near me, and I have his cell phone number, so if I come "." (<---- that close) to actually grabbing a set of pliers, I can call him and I'm sure that he'd open the office for me (I am the person/patient that bought his latest sailboat). I don't want to bother him unless it is an emergency.

And I have a family member who is a pharmacist that has authority to also write prescriptions, so I can likely get some pain meds if necessary, but I don't want to abuse that option.

I punctured a liquid Aleve capsule and drizzled some of that liquid gold on my gum line, and that has worked reasonable well.

I am just complaining. :jameo:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Actually, my dentist lives near me, and I have his cell phone number, so if I come "." (<---- that close) to actually grabbing a set of pliers, I can call him and I'm sure that he'd open the office for me (I am the person/patient that bought his latest sailboat). I don't want to bother him unless it is an emergency.

And I have a family member who is a pharmacist that has authority to also write prescriptions, so I can likely get some pain meds if necessary, but I don't want to abuse that option.

I punctured a liquid Aleve capsule and drizzled some of that liquid gold on my gum line, and that has worked reasonable well.

If the pain comes back, you might want to get that friend to write you a prescription for an antibiotic, if it's infected, and sounds like it might be, that can't wait until Tuesday.

hotcoffee

Hope you are feeling better.....

Oil of clove is the main ingredient in most of the topical over the counter remedies. It's also cheaper than the others. Dab it on the whole area around the aching tooth.

If it's a cavity you will get relief because the oil of clove will quiet the nerves that are aching.

If it's impacted tho.... oil of clove won't help as much as warm compresses and warm salt water rinses. An impacted tooth is one tooth pushing on another to push it out of the way. That's a duller pain and it generally causes swelling and infection. That is an emergency.... but if you use the warm compresses and salt water rinses along with motrin to get you through until tomorrow.

:coffee: Daddy was a dental tech and I was one of the original crest kids [only apparently I didn't get the crest].

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Paging Dr. Walker
Paging Dr. Beam
Paging Dr. Daniels
Paging Dr. Morgan

I had a shot of Jim Beam while out Christmas caroling last week (yes, true story, good one, too!) and was instantly reminded why it has been a LONG time since I had a shot of Beam.