I'm talking BBQ

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What is your favorite meat to smoke? If you could only eat BBQ at 1 commercial establishment, what place would that be?

Bonus points if you know what or have eaten something called "Burnt Ends"

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
My favorite meat to smoke. It does take quite a bit of effort but is worth the result. Plus it's all natural.

21847_101733116522489_2734915_n.jpg

My most favorite is boneless chicken breast. When I go out to eat that's most often what I order. In fact I was at the Lighthouse on Solomons Island yesterday and cajun blackened chicken breast was what I ordered. When I go to Smokey Joes' I most always get the Jerk chicken breast. etc.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Yum. Tyler's Tackle Shop and Crab House (in Chesapeake Beach) has good smoked salmon and bluefish.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Too many BBQ joints, too little time.

Chubby's in Emmitsburg is right up there at the top of the list. There are a number of places in Texas that I could be faithful to: Schoepf's in Belton; Salt Lick in Round Rock; Augie's in San Antonio. Corky's in Memphis is fondly remembered.

As far as burnt ends go, I was astonished that Monello had never heard of them before. So I got to be there when he lost his virginity. :banana:

Hank

my war
Too many BBQ joints, too little time.

Chubby's in Emmitsburg is right up there at the top of the list. There are a number of places in Texas that I could be faithful to: Schoepf's in Belton; Salt Lick in Round Rock; Augie's in San Antonio. Corky's in Memphis is fondly remembered.

As far as burnt ends go, I was astonished that Monello had never heard of them before. So I got to be there when he lost his virginity. :banana:

Have you ever been to, Mission? Mmmmmm Mmmmmm Good!

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How was it?

It was good but he's cheating his brisket by stewing it in jus to make/keep it moist and tender. It's roasty instead of briskety. Still tasty, though, as was M's pulled pork. The burnt ends were the standout, which is not surprising.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
What is your favorite meat to smoke? If you could only eat BBQ at 1 commercial establishment, what place would that be?

Bonus points if you know what or have eaten something called "Burnt Ends"
My favorite to smoke is either bacon or pork butt because I can't screw them up, but my favorite smoked meat is the smoked whitefish from Manleys fish market in St. Ignace, Michigan. If you ever get get to Michigan's upper peninsula, it's the first town past the Mackinac bridge.