I'm thinking about war

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not sure women understand why this sort of thing is necessary the way men seem to be all hip to it. And it might not even be men, so much as power mad psychopaths who happen to be men.

I, a normal woman, not a power mad psychopath, look at war like, what seems to be the problem here? You want something. Great. It's either fine you can have it, or well not so fast, or no you can't have that. I can't think of too many things a woman would be willing to kill millions of her fellow humans over. In fact, I can't think of one thing.

So some aggressive guy wants to move in and take over your country. Why? What's the point of that? We have something you want? Well, what do you have that we want? Let's make a deal.... Oh, you just want more land and more power? For what?

Has there ever been a female leader who instigated a war? Did Margaret Thatcher wage an unprovoked war? I'd have to refresh my memory of the Falklands, so that's a real question because my memory says that Argentina (led by a guy) invaded the Falklands and started that chit. How about Cori Aquino? Or whoever else? I can't think of a single war throughout history that was started by a woman (although I'm happy to get a history lesson).

So guys - it appears it's on you.

Explain to me what's the point of violence and mass killings in order to get what you want. If attacked, sure - you defend yourself. But the attacker is almost certainly another man, so what's up with that?

Is it as simple as psychopaths tend to rise in the ranks of power and **** things up? And in our world male psychopaths are more likely to make that leap than female psychopaths? But then you have violent crime, which is overwhelmingly male territory. (And don't come back with some stupid, "Nuh uh! Women are violent too!" because males outviolence females by an enormous ratio.)

Is it your testosterone that makes you so aggressive and bloodthirsty? Just biology, no right or wrong?

I'm not attacking men, I'm trying to understand why war and violence are a thing and why you mens feel the need for that sort of thing. Obviously it can be controlled because there are more nonviolent men than violent ones. Or do you guys actively fight against your desire to kill and maim every day? And it's only the law and societal disapproval that keeps you from choking a bitch?

This is a real discussion for anyone who cares to have it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I feel your memes coming, so let me say it again:

And don't come back with some stupid, "Nuh uh! Women are violent too!" because males outviolence females by an enormous ratio.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Surprising Truth About Women and Violence

Last April, when Connecticut high school student Maren Sanchez was stabbed to death by her a classmate allegedly because she refused to go to the prom with him, feminist writer Soraya Chemaly asserted that such tragedies were the result of “pervasive, violently maintained, gender hierarchy,” male entitlement, and societal “contempt for the lives of girls and women.” But what, then, explains another stabbing death in Connecticut two months earlier—that of 25-year-old David Vazquez, whose girlfriend reportedly shouted, “If I can’t have you, no one can!” before plunging a knife into his chest shortly after Vazquez said he was leaving her for a former girlfriend? Or the actions of a 22-year-old former student at New York’s Hofstra University who pleaded guilty last November to killing her boyfriend by deliberately hitting him with her car due to a dispute about another woman? Or the actions of the Florida woman who killed her ex-partner’s 2-year-old daughter and tried to kill the woman’s 10-year-old son last month shortly after their breakup?

Research showing that women are often aggressors in domestic violence has been causing controversy for almost 40 years, ever since the 1975 National Family Violence Survey by sociologists Murray Straus and Richard Gelles of the Family Research Laboratory at the University of New Hampshire found that women were just as likely as men to report hitting a spouse and men were just as likely as women to report getting hit. The researchers initially assumed that, at least in cases of mutual violence, the women were defending themselves or retaliating. But when subsequent surveys asked who struck first, it turned out that women were as likely as men to initiate violence—a finding confirmed by more than 200 studies of intimate violence. In a 2010 review essay in the journal Partner Abuse, Straus concludes that women’s motives for domestic violence are often similar to men’s, ranging from anger to coercive control.

UglyBear

I'm not sure women understand why this sort of thing is necessary the way men seem to be all hip to it. And it might not even be men, so much as power mad psychopaths who happen to be men.

I, a normal woman, not a power mad psychopath, look at war like, what seems to be the problem here? You want something. Great. It's either fine you can have it, or well not so fast, or no you can't have that. I can't think of too many things a woman would be willing to kill millions of her fellow humans over. In fact, I can't think of one thing.

So some aggressive guy wants to move in and take over your country. Why? What's the point of that? We have something you want? Well, what do you have that we want? Let's make a deal.... Oh, you just want more land and more power? For what?

Has there ever been a female leader who instigated a war? Did Margaret Thatcher wage an unprovoked war? I'd have to refresh my memory of the Falklands, so that's a real question because my memory says that Argentina (led by a guy) invaded the Falklands and started that chit. How about Cori Aquino? Or whoever else? I can't think of a single war throughout history that was started by a woman (although I'm happy to get a history lesson).

Explain to me what's the point of violence and mass killings in order to get what you want. If attacked, sure - you defend yourself. But the attacker is almost certainly another man, so what's up with that?

Is it as simple as psychopaths tend to rise in the ranks of power and **** things up? And in our world male psychopaths are more likely to make that leap than female psychopaths? But then you have violent crime, which is overwhelmingly male territory. (And don't come back with some stupid, "Nuh uh! Women are violent too!" because males outviolence females by an enormous ratio.)

Is it your testosterone that makes you so aggressive and bloodthirsty? Just biology, no right or wrong?

I'm not attacking men, I'm trying to understand why war and violence are a thing and why you mens feel the need for that sort of thing. Obviously it can be controlled because there are more nonviolent men than violent ones. Or do you guys actively fight against your desire to kill and maim every day? And it's only the law and societal disapproval that keeps you from choking a bitch?

All of the above. Yep, we, males of the Homo Sapient, do that.
You, your place on the planet, and everything surrounding you, is the result of this tendency. Let’s be realistic.
We are the reason that our species is not stuck in coastal areas of Africa gathering berries and being somewhere in the middle of the food chain. We expanded, by migration, and where we met other humanoids we went to war with them, taking over their territory and raping their females. We are still that.

Modern civilization is but a thin veneer spread over a small portion of the globe, and will (and does) disappear at the slightest reason. Even the dweebiest of males thinks like this, in his heart of hearts:

With a caveat that Hollywood PC polished over: lamentations of their women while being raped on top of pile of loot. Ugly but true.

PeoplesElbow

Sometimes it's simply economic or a need/desire for resources.

The need for pepper and spices was very great back then. https://dania.fandom.com/wiki/Pepper_War

Other times its wars for freedom. Some are simply one group telling another what to do and the other not liking it.

Religion is a huge driver of wars too. Aka we must save the souls of these savages by civilizing them killing them and taking their stuff.

Bobwhite

I think you're right, Vrai, when you say that women aren't as violent as men. But it seems to me that women are usually attracted to the men that they think WILL go to war for them. Women do tend to be just as power hungry as men, so they migrate to those men who appear to be powerful.

Hijinx

I didn't know the democrat party was a religion.

You didn't? Now you do. Catholicism is a religion, but the democrat party is much more so.
Ask Biden and Pelosi who have shunned their religion for the party and the vote.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Read up on Ste. Olga, there was a woman with a penchant for violence. Yes I know it goes back several centuries, but it’s a very interesting story.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Zenobia
Queen Elizabeth
Artemisia
Cleopatra
Catherine the Great
Joan of Arc
Queen Isabella
….and this is just a start…..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think you're right, Vrai, when you say that women aren't as violent as men. But it seems to me that women are usually attracted to the men that they think WILL go to war for them. Women do tend to be just as power hungry as men, so they migrate to those men who appear to be powerful.

Most women lean toward a protector. Sorry, dweeby guys and manbuns, but women do like a man who is big and strong. She doesn't necessarily want him to be that douche who picks fights in bars, but she does want him to be a guy who will stand up to that douche. Women who go for Mr. Sensitive Ponytail Man are those who want to be in control of the relationship and be the alpha.

Hijinx

Perhaps it is a historical that women who may have started a war could not get elected because they were such nasty b-itches they couldn't get the votes.

Yes, I m thinking of our own Hillary Clinton who bravely entered Bosnia under fire.
And I don't put much past the nasty VP we have now who might start a Civil War.

DaSDGuy

I wonder how many wars were started by daddy because momma wanted pretty stuff that other people had? It seems to be a driving force for a lot of the "peaceful protests" going for the last year or so - i.e., lets go shopping at Target and CVS then burn them down.