Imagine that...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Resisting the urge to say I told you so.....

Wait. Is it still resisting the urge if I say it in the course of saying I resisted the urge?

🤔

Grumpy

Wait. Is it still resisting the urge if I say it in the course of saying I resisted the urge?

🤔

IMO..I've heard that today's marijuana is much more potent than what I grew up with (haven't touched it in 30,40 some years). Since these dispensaries have popped up in MD, I've seen 3 adults (30+) go off the deep end where they were functioning, working adults previously and are now paranoid, seeing things, going all in on crazy conspiracy theories besides losing/quitting well paying jobs. At one time, I was fine with the legalization of pot but now turning towards its a horrible idea since seeing some people destroying their lives. Possibly these people were destined to become what they are sans pot but I don't think so since all 3 seem to be very dependent on their weekly fix.

black dog

Free America
A few years back one would hardly ever smell weed while in visiting Vegas, since legalizing recreational weed everywhere you go all you smell is weed along with the endless stoned crowd...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The strains available now-a-days are probably 10x more potent than what was available on the streets in the 70s and 80s. MM is labeled with active ingredients to make choosing a product more scientific.

HemiHauler

Makes perfect sense. THC is far, far, far less damaging to the human body than is ETOH. With the risk of illegality/arrest record gone, it makes total sense college-age adults are ditching alcohol for THC. They'll be much better off for that choice over the long run.

black dog

Free America
Makes perfect sense. THC is far, far, far less damaging to the human body than is ETOH. With the risk of illegality/arrest record gone, it makes total sense college-age adults are ditching alcohol for THC. They'll be much better off for that choice over the long run.

Matters not, one is federally legal and one is not....
Smoking a joint can cost one their career, having a drink will not.

Edit...
And I dont believe what you are saying about weed being the safer alternative, since weed is federally illegal show your long term data to backup your post...

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Many will have careers which don't involve the federal government.

Go back to post #7...

You think the Federal Government is the only employer that does at lease a 9 panel and a hair test?

HemiHauler

Go back to post #7...

You think the Federal Government is the only employer that does at lease a 9 panel and a hair test?

I've only ever worked for private employers for more than 30 years, and never had a wizz quiz, hair test .. nothing. Never was even asked about my drug use. Had I ever been asked to piss in a cup, I would have instead pissed in their face.

black dog

Free America
I've only ever worked for private employers for more than 30 years, and never had a wizz quiz, hair test .. nothing. Never was even asked about my drug use. Had I ever been asked to piss in a cup, I would have instead pissed in their face.

And what field is it you work in?
Even lowly temp agency laborers take a 9 panel.

phreddyp

And what field is it you work in?
Even lowly temp agency laborers take a 9 panel.
Maybe you missed the news flash that Amazon was no longer considering pot to be a reason to not hire someone . They are looking for opiates and a few other drugs to deny employment .

black dog

Free America
Maybe you missed the news flash that Amazon was no longer considering pot to be a reason to not hire someone . They are looking for opiates and a few other drugs to deny employment .
Walmart and other large employeers are not checking for weed, get caught smoking a weed or be high at work and see how it shakes out..
One still has to pass the panel test.

But also Amazon and those that deliver goods want the Feds to legalize weed so they can then deliver it. Uber wants the same...

Last edited: