Imagine that...

HemiHauler

Massachusetts has legalized pot, medical and recreational. They tax the recreational users. I was in a dispensary, an ounce was $520.

From a practical point of view, that's why I'd be for simple decriminalization rather than legalization. The government always wants their taste. I don't use drugs, but nor do I think people should face being put in a steel cage for non-violent possession.

black dog

Free America
Of course you know my career better than I do.

How many people are in business for themselves in this country? You think they are required to drug test themselves?

:lmao:

I own a small business, i've been drawn to test more than once. I would never give a employee a test I couldn't pass myself...

HemiHauler

Bank Teller at PNC & Suntrust...

And liar... when you told everyone you were an investment banker...
Can't remember any of the others right now...

I never said I was an investment banker, punk. Reading is fundamental.

I said I was "in investment banking". I worked in research departments, (later moving into I.T.) of several prominent investment banks. But thanks for playing.

black dog

Free America
That's likely because of the contracts you were bidding on. That didn't happen in my world.

I test for my shop toad, if someone I we do work for requires my people to test, they pay for that privilege. I have yet to see any required drug testing for my employees with any of the jobs we ever bid on.
You again have no clue....
I was in investment banking. Never a single drug test. Ever. There are literally millions upon millions of jobs where this is the case.

Funny thing mr bullshit toad, I just checked Goldman Sacks for drug testing...
And what pops up...

No drug policy of Goldman Sachs
As mentioned above, Goldman Sachs has very strict ‘no drugs’ policies. Because reputation comes before anything. Goldman Sachs is one of the very well-known banks all around the world, So, they are totally against their employees being involved in drugs. Regarding all of this, Goldman Sachs screened the candidates during the drug test rounds.

While applying to Goldman Sachs, you will be required to pass the drug test i.e., you should not be using the drugs while applying for a job at Goldman Sachs. The drug test is done during employment and there are many drugs that you will be trusted for. Some of those drugs are Benzodiazepines, Cocaine, Opioids, Amphetamines, etc. So, if you are very much interested in working in a top bank like Goldman Sachs, then you should stay away from drugs.

https://howigotjob.com/articles/does-goldman-sachs-drug-test/

black dog

Free America

I said I was "in investment banking". I worked in research departments, (later moving into I.T.) of several prominent investment banks. But thanks for playing.

CPUSA

And that's bullshit too.
Be honest...you were a teller until they realized you couldn't count past 11 without taking off your shoes...

CPUSA

I test for my shop toad, if someone I we do work for requires my people to test, they pay for that privilege. I have yet to see any required drug testing for my employees with any of the jobs we ever bid on.

And what pops up...

As mentioned above, Goldman Sachs has very strict ‘no drugs’ policies. Because reputation comes before anything. Goldman Sachs is one of the very well-known banks all around the world, So, they are totally against their employees being involved in drugs. Regarding all of this, Goldman Sachs screened the candidates during the drug test rounds.

While applying to Goldman Sachs, you will be required to pass the drug test i.e., you should not be using the drugs while applying for a job at Goldman Sachs. The drug test is done during employment and there are many drugs that you will be trusted for. Some of those drugs are Benzodiazepines, Cocaine, Opioids, Amphetamines, etc. So, if you are very much interested in working in a top bank like Goldman Sachs, then you should stay away from drugs.

That's not the Several Prominent Banks he worked for...It was the OTHER several prominent banks...that don't require drug testing...

Next it will be, "I NEVER said they didn't HAVE drug testing. I said I never HAD to"...

Reactions: BOP

HemiHauler

And what pops up...

Never worked for GS, but I graduated from college in 1983 and the world was a much different place. No such policies at any place I worked. None. BTW, one can go on a weekend cocaine bender and piss clean on Monday afternoon. Drug tests only catch pot heads, nothing else.

You state you test your employees. Good for you, that has nothing to do with federal law which was your initial objection to my statements. That's a decision YOU make as business owner.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
And that's bullshit too.
Be honest...you were a teller until they realized you couldn't count past 11 without taking off your shoes...
Take your pick...
  • Education Centre Nourishment Consultant (School Lunch Server)
  • Petroleum Transfer Engineer (Gas Jockey)
  • Customer Experience Enhancement Consultant (Shop Assistant)
  • Gastronomical Hygiene Technician (Dishwasher)
  • Mortar Logistics Engineer (Labourer)
  • Domestic Technician (Housewife)
  • Field Nourishment Consultant (Waiter)
You get the idea....

black dog

Free America
Never worked for GS, but I graduated from college in 1983 and the world was a much different place. No such policies at any place I worked. None. BTW, one can go on a weekend cocaine bender and piss clean on Monday afternoon. Drug tests only catch pot heads, nothing else.

You state you test your employees. Good for you, that has nothing to do with federal law which was your initial objection to my statements. That's a decision YOU make as business owner.

Wrong toad... Funny thing by 83 I was well traveled and had finished my 6 in the service.
Funny I have an ex bil that spent his career as a forensic chemist in LE, a sister that spent her career in LE forensics with a chemistry masters and my bestie has a chemistry masters and all disagree with your statments. 10 to 14 days for coke and dont forget the hair test..

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The strains available now-a-days are probably 10x more potent than what was available on the streets in the 70s and 80s. MM is labeled with active ingredients to make choosing a product more scientific.
That may be so, but I doubt it. Back in the day if one got some weak bud, they just smoked more of it. With the stronger bud, Ganja (Jamaican), Gonza, Greek Kalamata, or whatever, takes less hits. A person can only get so high. What growers are doing today, is cross breeding certain strains with other strains, to create different levels of highs, From calm and relaxing, to mellow, to varying strains such as Sativa which helpful for treating nausea, mild stress, inflammation, or headaches. To others known as indica strains that are more sedative and can help with depression, stress, pain, and insomnia. Besides, if growers were to focus just on, strength of high, it would take less to get high, therefore less sales. Smoking cannabis is way more, always has been, than just getting a high, as stereotyped by the movies, and propagandized by governments for decades. It really is part of nature's medicine, as apart from man made, patentable, chemical, highly profitable for corporations, pharmaceuticals.