Imagine that...

phreddyp

Yep, almost every person I grewup with that did drugs in school is dead or lives on subsidy in a sh!tty housing tenement.
Really most of my friends are still alive , successful and living the dream and still smoking ! Of course I'm just talking about pot. Quite a few on the hard stuff are gone though . I believe I've lost more friends due to alcohol and cancer than anything else.

black dog

Free America
Really most of my friends are still alive , successful and living the dream and still smoking ! Of course I'm just talking about pot. Quite a few on the hard stuff are gone though . I believe I've lost more friends due to alcohol and cancer than anything else.

Alcohol and cancer a few, most dead are from Heroin and Methamphetamines.

Smokey1

I absolutely agree, what one does is their own business. If one works or comes to work under the influence is ones employers business.
Nothing like having a employee nod out while driving a company truck and blow halfway through an intersection. Or having an employee show up at a plant you have never done work in to make a service call and argue with security.
Or drug test an employee or three over being under the influence with noding out in the parking lot while leaning against a truck. And the drug test comes back clean because they have a prescription to stop at the methodone clinic in the mornings.

I don't have a problem with jobs restricting the use of drugs. I oppose the government making it illegal.