Imitation lobster

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Imitation crab

Why is there no imitation prime rib? Or imitation pork chops? Or imitation tacos? Imitation pizza? Ooh! I know! Imitation lasagna!

I mean, there are imitations of those things, but they're made of tofu and normal people won't go near them. And yet imitation crab and lobster are considered perfectly acceptable by normally abled people...

Imitation eggs exist, but nobody eats those either.

Imitation lobster. I'm still wrapping my mind around that...

Imitation crab

Why is there no imitation prime rib? Or imitation pork chops? Or imitation tacos? Imitation pizza? Ooh! I know! Imitation lasagna!

I mean, there are imitations of those things, but they're made of tofu and normal people won't go near them. And yet imitation crab and lobster are considered perfectly acceptable by normally abled people...

Imitation eggs exist, but nobody eats those either.

Imitation lobster. I'm still wrapping my mind around that...
:lol:

Here’s what imitation crab (and lobster) meat is really made of. Surimi is often made from pollock fish with fillers and flavorings like starch, sugar, egg whites, and crab (or lobster) flavoring. The combination of fish parts, carbs, and sugar are why nutrition isn't imitation crab's strongest quality.

limblips

PREMO Member
Pollock and many other whitefish take flavorings well because they really have little of their own flavor. A case in point is monkfish or "poor man's lobster". When cooked it has a texture similar to lobster, cooked with lobster scraps and it takes on a light lobster flavor. The fake crap or lobster isn't really that bad when used in another flavored dish (as mentioned, a pasta salad). To sit down and eat a serving of just the fake stuff? :barf: